The Price is Right - Tanks vs Aircraft - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shrinking your ePenis since '03
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-10-25, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

The Price is Right - Tanks vs Aircraft

I think this problem probably rests with the inherit flaws in the current Resource system but should the Resource cost of Tanks and Aircraft be so different?

The Empire Specific...
ESF - 250
MBT - 450

The Common Pool...
Galaxy - 350
Liberator - 350

Sunderer - 400
Lightning - 300
Harasser - 300
Flash - 100

More or less my gripe is the difference between MBT and ESF. It's reasonable I would imagine that the Faction Specific vehicles should be the most expensive with how incredibly dangerous they can be in there variety, but why is a ESF so dirt cheap?

It just became curious to me when I was out Prowler sniping near Zurvan Amp Station, I was getting lucky and kept killing the same Scythe over and over again within a hour when typically a ESF has every advantage over a MBT because the tanks turret can't angle high enough to hit a ESF, Aircraft can just hover all day and have free reign against the MBT' engine block. Between Acquisition timer and cheap resources a Pilot can spam there ESF' where a Tanker cannot.

Of course you need to also take into account how long a vehicle can survive between fights, The Empire's Territory Resource supply, Acquisition Timers, Boosts, and Subscription bonuses

This became a little concerning to me when you think about the Ace pilots and Tankers out there.

TL/DR - Why are MBT' and ESF resource prices so different when they both face and share equal lethality and equal threats and are the prices right for the common pool vehicles?

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-10-26 at 07:40 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion