Improvements to the TR's Mini Chaingun - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Boom...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-10-25, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Orisoll
Private

Improvements to the TR's Mini Chaingun

I just recently purchased TR's ES heavy weapon, and needless to say I'm a bit let down. Having tried both the Lasher and the Jackhammer, I can safely say that this weapon is the worst at what it does.

You see, the other two ESHWs have a trait that helps the weapon in its respective roll (splash/3x burst), unlike the MCG who's special trait (spin-up time) is it's downfall. So I propose a few changes that could be made to make this weapon worth using, and not outclassed by all the other LMG's in the game.
  1. Remove all recoil.
    This would give the weapon a trait that actually helps its performance, rather than causing it to fall flat.
  2. Increase RoF to 900RPM.
    This should be done regardless of any other improvments, because the minigun should be the maximum dakka weapon (that means NC weapons shouldn't out RoF it, which they do). The spin-up time is a huge detrement to this guns effectivness, and needs something more than 800RPM to balance it out.
  3. Give access to ADV. Laser sight.
    The MCG has no access to scopes -and is primarily a hipfire weapon- which is why the lack of a fitting attatchment selection is a bit odd.
  4. Decrease/remove spin-up time.
    This should not be done if any of the other items on this list are added, as it would get rid of the need to balance out a major flaw.
  5. Make it underslung.
    For the sake of awsomeness.

Please keep in mind that these are separate suggestions, I'm well aware that all together these would make the MCG the only gun worth using. Read this on a "pick two" basis.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts? Do you think it's fine as is, or do you see room for improvement?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion