Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2014-03-03, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

A clarification on Crimea

I'll be short. Even though this picture isn't exactly accurate, and has a high potential of being a flamebait, here it is:

(Translation: Upper side - American peacekeepers.
Lower side - Russian occupants)

What I want say is - if you have any opinion about Crimea, please realise these things:
  • Crimea is not just "Mainly Russian", it's nearly purely Russian, from the standpoint of allegiances and population, despite what media keeps on saying.
  • The only real reason Europe and the US wants Russia out of there is the simple fact that there is the only place where Russian navy has access to water that never freezes (and "suffering integrity of the Ukrane" has nothing to do with all that). No Crimea for Russia - no Russian fleet in winter. New Ukranian government is obviously anti-Russian, so...
  • European Union blaming Russia for its actions is the same European Union that stood by idly, promising "sanctions" and "solutions", when protesters and ukranian police were pulling triggers with live ammo at each other.
  • Western Media likes to portrait Putin as the Russian version of Hitler. Western Media likes to bash on Russia in general, but that's all because of politicians being old and conservative and still believing that opposite side wants to conquer the world... And I'm not saying politicians of only one side are faulty.
  • Main point: Russia isn't invading anything. Same way if Quebec decided to violently overthrow Canadian government, the US would send troops to protect english-speaking citizens.

PS Sorry, had to pour it out somewhere. Tired of listening bullshit.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2014-03-03 at 07:48 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum