Ideas on deployables. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: *in AMS* I believe i can fly!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-02, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I think the vehicle demo charge would be unused if it took the same time as hacking the vehicle. It should be fairly slow, but not that slow.
Old 2003-09-02, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

It doesnt really take that long to hack a vehicle. It just seems like it since it is so hard to get away with hacking an AMS for example. In a way tho, hacking a vehicle and then decontructing it IS demolishing it

Old 2003-09-02, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

True Queen...but it's not nearly as fun as watching it explode
Old 2003-09-02, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Darken
Private

I would really love to see a car bomb type weapon. You plant it on an unoccupied enemy vehicle, then when the enemy gets in, the vehicle goes boom. I would like to see some deployable machine guns, something like the harraser gun, but in the from of a ce pack. I also think that mines and spitfires should cost less then on ACE to use. You should get 3 mines, or two spitfires for each ace you use. Maybe having spitfires detonate when a vehicle hits them for like 200 dmg would help their surivability
Old 2003-09-02, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Deployable walls would make bases much more defendable. Block off the gates with walls and your guys can still get out by jumping off the walls and no more enemy Vanguards/Magriders/Prowlers tromping throught the courtyard.

Then again I'm of the opinion that base entrances need to be completely redone anyways

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-02, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

that would be ok except for 1 thing: it would make courtyards impassible for any vehicles. while deployable walls is a nice idea, it should have a strict interference range and limited health.
Old 2003-09-02, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it become damn near impossible for enemies to get land vehicles inside a base. I'd be all for putting a forcefield gate on both gates. Gates would be something like this:

-3 to 4 times the health of a Galaxy to make them destroyable but difficult to destroy.
-Repair at the same rate as a single Galaxy. In other words repair 3-4 times faster than they normally would.
-Hack terminal on both sides of gate that opens an opening large enough for Anything the size of an ATV or smaller (infantry and Maxes). Time to hack would be the same as any other door.
-Drops if the generator is down.
-Very little effect on NTU level to prevent long range bombardment of the gate to drain the base.

There was another post that had a well thought out restrucuring of base entrances as well but it never seemed to get a whole lot of support.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-02, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Aen
First Sergeant

that would be ok except for 1 thing: it would make courtyards impassible for any vehicles. while deployable walls is a nice idea, it should have a strict interference range and limited health.
Of course it would have limited health. We dont want n00bs setting the deployable walls in front of doors and such. I liked Happy lil' Elfs ideas about its strength and stats. As for the interference range, I dont think they should have an interference range. What would a wall interfere with anyways? Instead they should make it to where you could only have a certain amount of them out at a time in a certain proximity. Ex: Like you could put only 3 walls out at a time, so you could A) Place them all together B) Place 2 in one spot by each other and a third near by C) Spread them all out.

Or they could make it to wear you could only have so many deployable walls in the SOI.(Each team having their own limit or you could only allow ppl in the friendly SOI deploy, that would make for better defenses, and making the zerg actually have to think about how to attack)

And about the vehicles being able to get out... Thats where the strategy would have to come into place. Would it be worth putting the deployable wall up or not?

You couldn't have each CE being able to place any more than one.
Or they could make different sizes of deployable barricades. Like:
1. Long as a wraith (1 man barricade)
2. Long as a harrasser, but taller.. (3 man barricade)
3. One the length of the base entrances ( could take like 3 CE @ one time to construct) <---I like the idea of ppl working together to help the D out.
Old 2003-09-03, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by TheRagingGerbil
I think a much needed buff for the CE would be the addition of a sabotage option. When a CE comes up to an enemy vehicle, a fifth option would be available on the ACE to place a demolition device on the vehicle. Deployment would take as long as a hacker jacking, with the deployment bar requiring the CE to be standing there.

Once deployed, a 30-second timer would begin to allow the CE to get a safe distance away. When the timer expires the vehicle explodes, regardless of health.

You would know that your vehicle has been sabotage by an on screen message (similar to the vehicle LLU message) stating: "Interfence from an unknown device has disabled your vehicle." You, or a friendly engineer could disarm the demolition/sabotage device with the Nano Dispenser by repairing the vehicle. Disarming the device should require 20 to 25 seconds, that way if you or the enemy doesn't act quickly, the vehicle is lost.
Thats a really good idea!!!.
A "Sapper" cert ?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion