Need Help Getting Maelstrom - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not just a Power Supply Unit anymore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-31, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
endoftheline
Private

Need Help Getting Maelstrom

I just got the Heavy Assault Cert, and It said that I could use the Maelstorm, but whenever I try and equip it, i get a message saying that its not avaliable from this equipment station How Can i get it?

Old 2005-03-31, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

you need an equipment mod
Old 2005-03-31, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
endoftheline
Private

could you please tell me what that is and how I get it?
Old 2005-03-31, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You know the mods that people get out of the caverns and install them in bases? Well the equipment mod is one of those. Basicly this thing has to be installed in any base linked to the one your at. Then and only then can you aquire a malestrom or any of the other ancient tech weapons.

Hope that helps.
Old 2005-03-31, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
endoftheline
Private

ah, sounds like a lot of troble for just 1 gun. im just gonna forget that cert and get something better.
Old 2005-03-31, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Its easy to tell if you can get a Maelstrom at the base you're at by double clicking on the base in map view "M" and seeing if a "Equipment Module" is listed. Also remember, you can loot HA weapons including the Maelstrom off of the corpses of other soldiers, so if you see someone with a Maelstrom die you can grab it.

Most people in PlanetSide certify in Heavy Assault, simply because they are the staple weapon of close-range combat. Despite their relatively short range they are the most powerful anti-infantry handheld weapons in the game besides the AI MAX's weapon.

I don't cert it because I do fairly well with a Sweeper Medium Assault shotgun instead and I'd rather not spend extra 4 cert points. Many people swear by them though so its all personal preference.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-03-31, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Scikar
Private

There are a few other ways of getting one. Any of the equipment terminals in the caverns will allow you to take a Maelstrom. In addition, if your side has one of the caverns locked, facilities on continents linked to that cavern gain benefits as if they had every module installed, including of course the equipment module.
Old 2005-03-31, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

The most sure fire way to get any AT weapon is to go down into the caverns, goto a friendly base, pull any vehichle, then empty all the ammo out of the trunk and fill it with AT weapons, then put on a rexo and fill that with AT weapons, then drive back to the surface and load up your locker.

I've got a locker full of radiators atm
Old 2005-04-01, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Phaden
Contributor
Major

OMG hees not new!!! Please someone search someplace for his name, he was a CR5 before getting banned i think. ugh he is just cackling like a fool now!
Old 2005-04-01, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
endoftheline
Private

heh, no I am new. Im afraid im not the legendary endoftheline your thinking of....
Old 2005-04-01, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamorad
First Sergeant

I believe him... If he were the old endoftheline, he wouldn't have been so easy to beat ingame
Old 2005-04-02, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

Ugh, Maelstrom..

The other day I picked up one off a terminal, we had a lock on the cont so I recalled back to Sanc. Still sporting my Mael I hit the IA option and got sent to <insert base>. As soon as I exit the base and walk out into the CY I get killed by a friendly.

My maelstrom was gone from my backpack soon after I was told. I didn't pay attention to the name that TK'd me but it was with a boomer. I guess he wanted my Maelstrom. Idiot.
Old 2005-04-02, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

if someone does that, scroll up in the chat window, note their name, and /report them. TKing to steal someone elses weapon, especially if its one not easy to come by, is something that might earn them a slap on the wrist by a CSR, and probably you'd get it back in the process.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-04-04, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Ok sry then m8, just kinda figd it would be the same person.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion