Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The best damn state-university in Pennsylvania...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-09, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Aractain
Major

Re: Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Extra hit boxes.
Why does THAT increase lag? Nothing about the hitbox is transmitted over the network. If its clientside you tell the server you hit the head (a tiny amount of extra data) or serverside it calculates it totaly (no difference than no hitboxes) and gives you the result (the damage). It does not need to tell you where the hitboxes are as if its rigid they are always in the same place and if its dynamic you are being told the bit of the entity that is moveing (like a tank turret) anyway.

Why does everyone think that hitboxes = lag? I don't understand.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MgFalcon
Captain

@Planetside (user)
Then clearly you have no clue what your talking about, I didn't give a shit when it came to shooting just for a hit. I would kill at least 7 peeps before a reaver butt-fucked me
Old 2011-07-09, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Why does THAT increase lag? Nothing about the hitbox is transmitted over the network. If its clientside you tell the server you hit the head (a tiny amount of extra data) or serverside it calculates it totaly (no difference than no hitboxes) and gives you the result (the damage). It does not need to tell you where the hitboxes are as if its rigid they are always in the same place and if its dynamic you are being told the bit of the entity that is moveing (like a tank turret) anyway.

Why does everyone think that hitboxes = lag? I don't understand.
Well the game was made back when lots of people had 56k.....so yeah tech has change, I doubt they will have problems now.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
@Planetside (user)
Then clearly you have no clue what your talking about, I didn't give a shit when it came to shooting just for a hit. I would kill at least 7 peeps before a reaver butt-fucked me
Thats good.....I would love it better if each time a sniper sneaked there head up, there could be somebody who will kill them with one shot, will make it more riskier and have require more skill.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vancha
Colonel

So lets say someone snipes and only snipes. They learn how to hit headshots 90% of the time on stationary targets. How would that not be overpowered?
Old 2011-07-09, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

SAY NO TO HEADSHOTS
Old 2011-07-09, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
Thats good.....I would love it better if each time a sniper sneaked there head up, there could be somebody who will kill them with one shot, will make it more riskier and have require more skill.
#Challengeaccepted

Also a good sniper should know not to snipe from where all the asstards are camping from. I.e. hotdrop from your mossie onto a treetop where it takes people a good 15 min to find you
Old 2011-07-09, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
So lets say someone snipes and only snipes. They learn how to hit headshots 90% of the time on stationary targets. How would that not be overpowered?
Allright.....First of all they will sacrifice accuracy,rate of fire,ammo per clip,recoil,and if they hit the person in the buddy they will do minimal damage....not to mention if there is bullet curve over distance which will make it harder.

So they will suck sniping moving targets unless the guys is super amazing.

Now non moving targets like u mentioned......Like I said ur accuracy is going to suck hard so each time u move ur gun, ur accuracy will screw up alot, the crosshairs wont be minimized for a while.

So while ur waiting to get ur gun to be accurate, a sniper can either kill u with a headshot or if he doesnt have headshot skill, hurt u and screw up your aim and leave u with 1/3 health remaining, meaning any sniper can kill u no matter where he hits.

Also players will learn to move and not just camp.

Doesnt sound OP to me.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2011-07-09 at 07:42 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Duddy
First Sergeant

As someone who spent the majority of my time sniping, along with my outfit consisting mostly of (you guessed it!) snipers, I'm definitely against headshots.

For one, nobody enjoys dieing in 1 hit from someone they can't see. Secondly the 2 shot kill system actually required more skill because you had to either always land 2 shots, or you had to be patient to get your kills (like er... real snipers!).

As for prone, I wouldn't mind it. Provided that it can't be used practically in any kind of close combat situation (i.e. being slow to get in/out of, not being able to move) and it's only available to someone who spends some points on sniping, sure why not!
Old 2011-07-09, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
#Challengeaccepted

Also a good sniper should know not to snipe from where all the asstards are camping from. I.e. hotdrop from your mossie onto a treetop where it takes people a good 15 min to find you
But some snipers don't do that they deserve to be headshot just like a good sniper.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sirisian
Colonel

you must be new here. Read this Headshots thread. It explains clearly what the community feels about this idea. It's easy to get the first shot as a sniper. Most players don't move much. The skill is making the second shot when they're moving. Simple idea really.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
As someone who spent the majority of my time sniping, along with my outfit consisting mostly of (you guessed it!) snipers, I'm definitely against headshots.

For one, nobody enjoys dieing in 1 hit from someone they can't see. Secondly the 2 shot kill system actually required more skill because you had to either always land 2 shots, or you had to be patient to get your kills (like er... real snipers!).

As for prone, I wouldn't mind it. Provided that it can't be used practically in any kind of close combat situation (i.e. being slow to get in/out of, not being able to move) and it's only available to someone who spends some points on sniping, sure why not!
No it requires less skill......Getting shot and healing yourself is less skillfull.

Real Snipers do headshots which are very hard to do and which Im supporting that the hard part is replicated in the game...So u will need lots of patience to do headshots.

Example....a Person with headshot vs a Sniper with no headshot....Will probably equal the person with no headshot winning because he has way better accuracy and does more damage to the body....Headshot Sniper, only does that headshot damage, his accruacy being awful will make him hard to use.

Prone should be slow to get in and out of.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
you must be new here. Read this Headshots thread. It explains clearly what the community feels about this idea. It's easy to get the first shot as a sniper. Most players don't move much. The skill is making the second shot when they're moving. Simple idea really.
Thats why u make it hard for the Sniper with headshot skill to get headshots first?

Im not saying reuse the old Planetside sniping, I mean make it harder for people who want to be sniper headshotters only.

I read that thread I believe, I was supporting back then too except now I feel since Planetside clearly said that u will sacrifice attributes to make some better....Headshots will fit perfectly.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Zulthus
Colonel

If headshots are implemented, I say make it a skill where if trained in, you either kill the enemy in one shot with a headshot or in 5 shots with regular shots. Your choice.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
But some snipers don't do that they deserve to be headshot just like a good sniper.
No.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion