Things you will miss from PS that wont be in PS2? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: didn't you go out with my sister?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-11-19, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Things you will miss from PS that wont be in PS2?

Sanctuaries
Vehicle mount/dismount animations
Looting
Hacking vehicles
Old 2011-11-19, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Things you will miss from PS that wont be in PS2?

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
it's not a technical thing.
There are keys that are used inside and outside vehicles, that you'd not be able to use on those keys if you assigned them to straft, for example i have Q as autorun and E as darklight, both of those wouldn't be able to bound to those if i drove a mag or i'd have different bindings for them inside and outside of vehicles. I'm not saying it's impossible far from it, but i can see why they've not bothered.
Fine, if Q & E don't work than choose another pair of keys that are near your primary movement keys. Or use 2 mouse buttons if you have a gaming mouse, or even the scroll wheel. There are a bunch of options to choose from. It's only 2 more keys. FWIW I was able to do strafe/rolls just fine in my ship in the Descent series using that same key setup (A/D for strafe, Q/E for roll).

I also seem to recall someone @SOE saying we'd be able to do barrel rolls in aircraft. If they can also strafe then you might run into the same keybind dilemma. Unless they let you go into a roll by overextending the mouse freelook.

My point is that it's not difficult to control a strafing tank that has a 360 turret, and if that's their justification for removing the Mag's turret then it's a piss-poor excuse.

But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll offer a 360 degree main turret as an unlock (not likely but we can hope).
Old 2011-11-20, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Raka Maru
Major

I will miss...

Jacking BFR's and shooting the original owners, 'cuz no more jacking, or BFR's.
Dropping AMS's from Loadstars into bases and everyone spawning in, 'cuz no more AMS's or Loadstars (I think).
Custom layouts.
Trunk space.

The first part of this thread was very nostalgic for me. My favorite game of all time is going away. So no one can really expect it to not die hard... In spirit at least, but from what I've seen ingame and in the forum here, it seem to be more like fading away...

Not that there hasn't been problems. I remember the first time I quit because of the rampant unpunished hackers. I will not miss that. I've also made good use of the ignore list from opponents who send hate tells just for playing your roll. It's interesting how annoyed they get when you hack base turrets
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion