Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 29 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't talk to myself, do we.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #421
Taru
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This pool to me means nothing since its a (( secret pool )) so you cant see if their is accont multiplyer ive sen a guy who reply and was deeply agains prone but has 0 post before this one kinda strange and make me ask one question

is this post is really representative and also make me think Why not waiting for a Prone in build betatest to figure out if it work ?

so for me secret pool are null
If developers acted on every community driven poll we would have some very strange games indeed...But, a secret pool sounds like it could be fun!

Back on topic - I think prone doesn't really fit in Planetside, keep it as it is.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #422
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Hitting the deck is pretty much part of any internally consistent battlefield narrative. Not being able to drop in the face of fire, especially in the open, is really very confusing to me. It could certainly be implemented to not be stupid and cheesy. I don't understand the resistance.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #423
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheInferno View Post
I agree that it was quite insulting, I myself just joined tonight after lurking for a long while, but I think you went a little overboard, there. Take a deep breath, mate.
If he just said that to no one i wouldnt have gotten mad. he called me out specifically a few pages ago after i said my simple friendly opinion. In that post i was more than respectful to both sides. In fact he didnt post one thing implying i was a dupe, he posted 3 times implying im a fake person.

But you're right i should chill. But i stand by what i said. all of it.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #424
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

deleted

Last edited by fishirboy; 2012-06-09 at 11:38 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #425
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Hitting the deck is pretty much part of any internally consistent battlefield narrative. Not being able to drop in the face of fire, especially in the open, is really very confusing to me. It could certainly be implemented to not be stupid and cheesy. I don't understand the resistance.

They think dolphin dive, we think tactical hide from fire.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #426
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

You guys need to see this, it does not center over prone but this is what you guy for some reason call campers do, i call them support from a distance.

This does not really show "prone" except who in the **** would want to stand up to take a shot with a sniper??? to me they should have it sway more well standing, not as much crouching and 0 if laying on something, like you could still be crouching but it would have to have it touching the rock to shoot. something like that if you still want 0 prone for some reason.

just for no reason what so ever, 0

Last edited by fishirboy; 2012-06-09 at 11:38 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #427
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
They think dolphin dive, we think tactical hide from fire.
So, crouch and move back down the hill a couple feet. :P
Old 2012-06-09, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #428
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Knightwyvern View Post
see that is the problem when you potion your gun when your crouching you have to have in this game half your chest showing well only your head and solders show when in prone, this stance if for minimizing your targeted body, and keeping your sniper or gun balanced.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #429
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

That's great when you have a convenient slope.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #430
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

You guys need to see this, it does not center over prone but this is what you guy for some reason call campers do, i call them support from a distance.

Sniper Kill Shot !! Barret M107 - YouTube

This does not really show "prone" except who in the **** would want to stand up to take a shot with a sniper??? to me they should have it sway more well standing, not as much crouching and 0 if laying on something, like you could still be crouching but it would have to have it touching the rock to shoot. something like that if you still want 0 prone for some reason.

just for no reason what so ever, 0

"All the other insurgents in the town" joined the gun fight...Otherwise known as "the local populace"
Old 2012-06-09, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #431
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Knightwyvern View Post
Or just cloak.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #432
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
Or just cloak.

where you see any prone action their ? MAG as prone and ive never seen it been abuse or been a problem at all so yeah lol and this is a 256 player game
Old 2012-06-09, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #433
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

see that is the problem when you potion your gun when your crouching you have to have in this game half your chest showing well only your head and solders show when in prone, this stance if for minimizing your targeted body, and keeping your sniper or gun balanced.
Prone is good for that reason in real life. But this is a game, and not a simulation either. Balance and gameplay is more important. Having a cloaking sniper who can use prone on top of everything else, hundreds of meters away in a game would just be frustrating. Crouching works nearly as well anyways.

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
That's great when you have a convenient slope.
If you're not using a slope, you're not doing it right. :P

Or just cloak.
Lol, exactly.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #434
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Or just cloak.
but i am not just talking about far away sniping i am also talking up close were you cant hid behind a object because crouching does not allow it, just wait until beta and then see don't just hate haha
Old 2012-06-09, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #435
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This pool to me means nothing since its a (( secret pool )) so you cant see if their is accont multiplyer ive sen a guy who reply and was deeply agains prone but has 0 post before this one kinda strange and make me ask one question

is this post is really representative and also make me think Why not waiting for a Prone in build betatest to figure out if it work ?

so for me secret pool are null
Here i put in my xbox live name into my profile to prove im a person, it has the same exact name as my profile. Thats the exact same name as my steam profile. But ya i probably just made a fake xbox gamertag with a phoney gamerscore and all that jazz just to sway a meaningless poll. call me not a person...

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-09 at 11:51 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion