Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is that a decimator in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.93 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-07-05, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

That is one possible method of unlocking different levels of systems. But it would likely be separate from the normal outfit certs, not because it should be, but because it probably will be.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

makes sense
Old 2012-07-09, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Shipyards:

Originally I planned to have these spawned in safety, but after further consideration I think it is better to have a contestable base to fight over. Enter the Shipyard, a wholly unremarkable structure save for its sheer size. A large underground HART style building spawns the air cruisers. There is also a Service Docking Tower.

When an air cruiser is freshly spawned it is extremely vulnerable to attack as all of its systems are offlined while it ascends to operating altitude over the span of several minutes.

The Service Docking Tower is required for refits, refueling, and repairing super critical damage. SCD is damage that cannot be repaired through traditional field methods. Systems that are damaged into an offline state often enough develop an unreliability RNG roll. This roll determines whether the system will be offline or online minute to minute. It will likely be 10% chance of offline.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Shipyards:

Originally I planned to have these spawned in safety, but after further consideration I think it is better to have a contestable base to fight over. Enter the Shipyard, a wholly unremarkable structure save for its sheer size. A large underground HART style building spawns the air cruisers. There is also a Service Docking Tower.

When an air cruiser is freshly spawned it is extremely vulnerable to attack as all of its systems are offlined while it ascends to operating altitude over the span of several minutes.

The Service Docking Tower is required for refits, refueling, and repairing super critical damage. SCD is damage that cannot be repaired through traditional field methods. Systems that are damaged into an offline state often enough develop an unreliability RNG roll. This roll determines whether the system will be offline or online minute to minute. It will likely be 10% chance of offline.
well thought out
Old 2012-07-11, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

If you build it they will come
Old 2012-07-12, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Wow. That's.... VERY thought out and detailed.

As long as they weren't TERRIBLY powerful, there's no problem with there being a fair number of them around (all the outfits would end up with one, so you could potentially have several of them in one area). They could even participate in the ground war (shelling the area beneath them), wouldn't really be reasonable to think this big platform wouldn't have some sort of weaponry on it.

Ideally, they'd be really tough, requiring a long sustained attack to destroy, but not so heavily armed to wipe out all opposition around them. They would be an asset, but not a war winner on there own, although a conflict locked in stalemate would be won by their arrival.

For weaponry, you could scatter sentry guns over the hull, identical to the tower guns, to protect against fighters (maybe 8 on the small one and 12-16 on the biggest one) and put several tank class guns on the belly (maybe 4 on the small one and up to 8 on the bigger one). I mean, it's not a tremendous amount of firepower, but it would help, especially since it's above the battlefield and won't be deterred by you hiding behind a wall or something. It's biggest strength would still be as a mobile base of operations.

I see no reason why this couldn't be done or why it would be "terribly upsetting" to the balance of power.

I'd like to see some concepts of what you are imagining, to be honest. Are you envisioning an actual SHIP, or more like a platform?
Old 2012-07-12, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

A ship, think along the lines of the S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier from The Avengers movie, the British Carrier in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, or even the pirate mothership in Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers... I have a good long memory of shit I haven't watched in twenty years.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-07-12 at 01:24 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

(looks at Sky Captain carrier) So... More like a James Bond villain hideout? I won't say no to it, but I personally would prefer something sleeker than that

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WmsKWn-Ozd...ier_008_Lg.jpg

This should be the Avenger one you mentioned? That I like a lot better.

I couldn't find a picture of the chip n dale one.

Regardless, I like the concept very much.

edit-
Addendum to my first statement in this post. I would like something sleeker for the TR. Give the VS and NC something really dorky and embarrassing to fly around in. I can see the NC rolling out their Battle Balloons :P We got's us a mobile spawn point naw!

Last edited by vVRedOctoberVv; 2012-07-12 at 01:47 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

No, not Chip N Dale... I'll see if I can remember what it was lol

It was the sky pirates in TaleSpin... bleh

But yeah, The Avengers were closest imo.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-07-12 at 02:07 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Damn, dude. I haven't see that in ten or fifteen years. NOW I know what you're talking about. Don frickin' Karnage... Heh....

Anyway, yes. I have nothing else to add.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Staying alive

Last edited by berzerkerking; 2012-07-14 at 12:19 PM.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

This thread is not going anywhere

Old 2012-07-15, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I wonder how many people are convinced we are the same person...
Old 2012-07-16, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Talking Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I wonder how many people are convinced we are the same person...
lol sad but true were the only dedicated posters on this thread.
Keep the dream alive

Last edited by berzerkerking; 2012-07-16 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Akadios
Sergeant

So basically you want outfits to be able to pull Titans from Battlefield 2142? I am not trying to cheapen what you said you added a lot of good detail but to simplify the mechanics of the thing this is basically what you are saying, yes?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault