News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how long does it take for these things to be approved?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-25, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #226
Burnzblood
Corporal

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Silly troll, this was pretty damn epic. Blur did a great job, it captured the action of the game quite well.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #227
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Kind of glad the TR were depicted as the lesser faction, now all the "kids" will go to NC so they can single handedly destroy a full galaxy as light assault. TR we all know how thats going to end, prepare to have fun!
Old 2012-07-25, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
Ratstomper
Major

Not AS cheesy as I thought it might be. Not bad, I guess.

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
But the trailer was sick, I watched it at least 10 times before I went off to see Futurama. Also #Fuckyeah for VS winning
Hardly. I saw one NC guy take out copious amounts of TR, then call in a bunch more NC before some lousy VS killed the one NC. That fight is FAR from over, my friend.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
therandomone
Sergeant

That trailer was cool looking but a little disappointing. There was a HEAVY focus on the NC....a bit too heavy. I mean even as a VS is was sad to see the TR be shit on so hard. Granted the ending scenes with the VS were absolutely beautiful and amazing. But I feel whoever planned out the trailer kinda dropped the ball on this one....
Old 2012-07-25, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
Blackwater
Private

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
The cinematographic style they chose for this video is known as continuous shot, which is useful for allowing the brain to process large streams of information quicker than in traditional shot styles. For a trailer where thousands of individual pieces are being hand animated simultaneously, continuous shot is preferable to quick edits between lots of people dieing at once. The less chaotic the trailer is, the better.

LRN2FILMSCHOOL
I know what a continuous shot is, genius.
This trailer goes against everything that made Planetside great.

The trailer shows 1 guy slaughtering an entire army, jumping only a galaxy in mid flight and destroying is WITH A SUB MACHINE GUN

This trailer is everything Planetside is NOT.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #231
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Notice how the NC drop pod troops were calling the squad leader "Chief?" Just sayin', I know that most of you knew I was already an uber bad ass.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
Blackwater
Private

Originally Posted by Burnzblood View Post
, it captured the action of the game quite well.
Oh yeah, I remember soloing 20 guys by myself in Planetside 1. I also remember destroying a galaxy with a sub-machine gun.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #233
Broadside
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post

The trailer shows 1 guy slaughtering an entire army, jumping only a galaxy in mid flight and destroying is WITH A SUB MACHINE GUN

It's a stylistic choice made by the studio to depict the game as fast paced and action packed. Do you blame them for making something more appealing to the eye? If they really wanted to depict Planetside they would make a 45 minute movie where 60 people sit around in a base, load up a couple Galaxies, fly for 10 minutes, and then jump out from a half mile in the air and all land on top of a single door.

There is a different between what makes a good game and what makes a good movie.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #234
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Minigun View Post
Kind of glad the TR were depicted as the lesser faction, now all the "kids" will go to NC so they can single handedly destroy a full galaxy as light assault. TR we all know how thats going to end, prepare to have fun!
Don't you know anything? The kids always pick the bad guys these days for the lulz: The Horde, The Sith, Chaos, etc.

I agree. I'm NC and I DO think they spent too much time on the one guy just killing. I would have liked to see some TR respawns, that way the whole "Death is No Excuse" thing would actually be appropriate.

Although, I would submit that the trailer depicted the empires quite well: NC is incredibly skilled at warfare, TR aren't particularly good for anything but killing and happen to ave a metric ton of people and VS are filthy and lazy and don't work for stuff they get.

OK OK, SETTLE DOWN. Yes, I would have liked to see more fair representation of all empires and more of a team-based aspect with different classes.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-25 at 10:58 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #235
Razicator
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jeepo View Post
31-4-0?

So do that by kills then work out who is superior?

NC Kills:31
TR Kills:4
VS Kills:1

NC Wins!
Galaxy and tank kills?

Old 2012-07-25, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #236
Blackwater
Private

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
It's a stylistic choice made by the studio to depict the game as fast paced and action packed. Do you blame them for making something more appealing to the eye? If they really wanted to depict Planetside they would make a 45 minute movie where 60 people sit around in a base, load up a couple Galaxies, fly for 10 minutes, and then jump out from a half mile in the air and all land on top of a single door.

There is a different between what makes a good game and what makes a good movie.
They made this trailer for ADD dummies and CoD kids.
This was not made to appeal to Planetside fans.

If it was, it would have shown a battle that is an actual struggle between 3 factions. Not one GI Joe super soldier mowing down half an army.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Don't you know anything? The kids always pick the bad guys these days for the lulz: The Horde, The Sith, Chaos, etc.
I don't know any little kid these days who after watching that video would not want to be that guy, he's basically the glorified Master Chief that came to planetside.

Edit: Besides my younger brother, i showed him the video and after it ended all he asked me was, "Is he a smurf?"

Last edited by Minigun; 2012-07-25 at 11:00 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #238
Razicator
First Sergeant

Dude relax. When has a game trailer ever stayed 100% true to its in-game content? The trailer got the gist of the game correct, enough for the uninformed masses, and that's the point of the trailer. It showed 3 factions, several classes, vehicles, massive scale combat, etc etc etc, which is much more in line with "Planetside" than using an SMG to destroy a galaxy is not "Planetside." Plus devs already stated you can shoot out the pilot of airplanes, though didn't specify which weapons.

They made this trailer for ADD dummies and CoD kids.
This was not made to appeal to Planetside fans.

If it was, it would have shown a battle that is an actual struggle between 3 factions. Not one GI Joe super soldier mowing down half an army.
No shit they made it for the masses. It's a Free to Play game, they HAVE to attract a wide audience in order to make it profitable. There's no point in keeping it alive for maybe 1000 total players like they did with PS1. I honestly envy your life if you get this worked up over making mountains out of planetside molehills.

Last edited by Razicator; 2012-07-25 at 11:00 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #239
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Minigun View Post
I don't know any little kid these days who after watching that video would not want to be that guy, he's basically the glorified Master Chief that came to planetside.
Those kids aren't looking at the empire, though. They're seeing a (misrepresented) class. They're going to get in game and pick the "black and red guys", because they're cool lookin'.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
drennam
Private

Yeeeah!
what the hell is it about CGI artwork? It totally sucks me in.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion