Definition of "What is a PS1 Veteran!!!" - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: skinny, tall and hotT
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-25, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Stew
Major

Re: Definition of "What is a PS1 Veteran!!!"

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
Don't you think there are thousands of old PS1 players (like myself), who are also quite familiar with the BF series etc.?

Anyway ... looking forward to the next invitation waves.
yes i think so iam a Ps1 vets but not a Ps1 actual players ive stop playing ps1 back in 2007 the gameplay back then was to old for me so ive switch to another different but massive scales game Call MAG on ps3 and it was also a great experience its not like Planetside with all vehicules based etc.. but it as style and a good gameplay mechanics

Planetside 2 will beat anything anyway

and i think those who are call or mark as Ps1 vets are not the golden age ps1 vets like myself or maybe you I dont know but ps1 actual players are mark as ps1 vets and many of them are actually people who dislike or hate Modern fps mechanics

thats why they have choose some Pro gamers and some hardcore BF clans to be part of the first platoon and i understand that choice !
Old 2012-07-25, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

it was this month a year ago when i started to buy my way into beta.not sure if this would work"until now" i talked my buddy into giving me his 9 year old cr5/vet account, and on top of that i got 2 pc gamer mags to be safe.

im gonna get me some BETA
Old 2012-07-25, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

I've been subbed (monthly, never yearly or tri-monthly or whatever) since release. Been playing since beta. Spent thousands on this game total. If I'm not a vet, don't know who is.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
thats why they have choose some Pro gamers and some hardcore BF clans to be part of the first platoon and i understand that choice !
What I was trying to communicate is, that if that is really the case, they could have found those amongst (ex-)PS1 players as well, if they wanted to.

On another note, Smedley and SOE in general have to work on their PR skills a bit. They probably have good intentions when communicating with the community, but the sometimes unclear or cryptic messages can backfire a bit. Although the raving of some guys on a forum about a PC game is not that tragic to begin with, it could be handled a bit better.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
What I was trying to communicate is, that if that is really the case, they could have found those amongst (ex-)PS1 players as well, if they wanted to.

On another note, Smedley and SOE in general have to work on their PR skills a bit. They probably have good intentions when communicating with the community, but the sometimes unclear or cryptic messages can backfire a bit. Although the raving of some guys on a forum about a PC game is not that tragic to begin with, it could be handled a bit better.
Yeah, like running through the crowd tranqing people right and left
Old 2012-07-25, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
TheApoc
Corporal

As long as station pass is counted I'm good to go, been logging into planetside every now and then just to seem active.. I could always get into the game even before the free time. So here is fingers crossed..
Old 2012-07-25, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
kidwithstick
Corporal

So basically the people who bought the pcgamer with priority access are higher up than me because I stopped subbing a few years ago?
Old 2012-07-26, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by kidwithstick View Post
So basically the people who bought the pcgamer with priority access are higher up than me because I stopped subbing a few years ago?
That's one way to look at it. Another is that perhaps they want more people who are active with the current game to be testing it first over people who've been active for a few years.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-26, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
That's one way to look at it. Another is that perhaps they want more people who are active with the current game to be testing it first over people who've been active for a few years.
Thats one way to look at it. Another is that you may have people who have only gotten into PS within the last year or so(or not at all if the got a hold of a key) being given priority over older vets who maybe have played for 8 years but decided to unsub within the last year for whatever reason.

At the end of the day its not a big deal cuz we all will get in at some point but when you look at it the way I stated it above its easy to see how some people feel a bit cheated. Personally I think it would have been more fair to select vet accounts at random rather than inviting based on whether or not your account was active during a specific time period. But alas I am not SOE and it wouldnt be a proper beta without a little drama.
Old 2012-07-26, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
That one noob
Sergeant

Ah well shit, not going to be part of the first wave I guess. Oh well, I got me a key anyway, so I guess that's all that matters.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Xeller
Corporal

Jesus Christ people. Read the previous posts!

The tier is this:

0. Tech Test
Anyone who participated in the tech test regardless of veteran status, subscription status, priority key, etc are being carried over to beta.

1. Active subscriptions
These are the people who were paying for a subscription at the time free play began.

2. Previously subscribed
These are people who have had a Planetside subscription at any point in the history of Planetside. Curious if this is you? Log into your station account. Do you have free time enabled for Planetside 1? Then you are in this tier.

3. Priority keys
PCGamer/Twitter/E3/Any other key handed out by SOE

4. General Registration
Anyone who made an account on Planetside2.com and signed up for beta but never got a key from any Tier 3 sources.

All of this has been confirmed by Smedley. His tweets were posted earlier in this thread.

Mods, please pin the tier order so we can squelch this.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Xeller View Post
Jesus Christ people. Read the previous posts!

The tier is this:

0. Tech Test
Anyone who participated in the tech test regardless of veteran status, subscription status, priority key, etc are being carried over to beta.

1. Active subscriptions
These are the people who were paying for a subscription at the time free play began.

2. Previously subscribed
These are people who have had a Planetside subscription at any point in the history of Planetside. Curious if this is you? Log into your station account. Do you have free time enabled for Planetside 1? Then you are in this tier.

3. Priority keys
PCGamer/Twitter/E3/Any other key handed out by SOE

4. General Registration
Anyone who made an account on Planetside2.com and signed up for beta but never got a key from any Tier 3 sources.

All of this has been confirmed by Smedley. His tweets were posted earlier in this thread.

Mods, please pin the tier order so we can squelch this.
It's pinned in Hamma's sticky at the top of the forums. Still won't die.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Xeller
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
It's pinned in Hamma's sticky at the top of the forums. Still won't die.
Maybe do some coding so the thread flashes in multiple colors? Maybe that would do it?
Old 2012-07-26, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Xeller View Post
Maybe do some coding so the thread flashes in multiple colors? Maybe that would do it?
Nope, every thread this is talked about in should have the OP updated with a link to the other threads and also a copy of what the official word is....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion