The New Certification Point System? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Made with Lard!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-09-17, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lucifarus
Private

The New Certification Point System?

How do you acquire certs now? Played for an hourish and seemed to only get two-three certification points. I know it's supposed to be slower than last version, but that slow? Am I doing something wrong here?
Old 2012-09-17, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Damiann
Private

Re: The New Certification Point System?

That sounds about right to me, don't expect to get a lot of certs in just an hour. You get certs as you get points for battle ranks, I don't remember on top of my head I think it's somewhere around 1,000 points per cert. Just play the game normaly, after a bit you should get enough.
Old 2012-09-17, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

I thought certs points were currently tied to accumulation of XP. XP is accumulated via actions performed in game. This allows a player to obtain lower cost certs while working towards another battle rank. The XP also progresses the battle rank bar towards the next rank.

Battle Rank is supposed to be tied to what you can spend the cert points on as well as what you can buy in the shop. This isn't how it is currently but I think in the end this is how it is supposed to be. They left the battle rank restriction out of beta on purpose to allow for easier testing of all the equipment imo.
Old 2012-09-17, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lucifarus
Private

Originally Posted by Damiann View Post
That sounds about right to me, don't expect to get a lot of certs in just an hour. You get certs as you get points for battle ranks, I don't remember on top of my head I think it's somewhere around 1,000 points per cert. Just play the game normaly, after a bit you should get enough.
I wanted to test aircraft once I got missiles to fight worth a damn, but with the current cert rate I'm having I can't get the passive speed and maneuverability required to fight other aircraft competitively. The battles I've been having aren't exactly providing enough experience, even with all those tanks I eliminated. God I love the magrider. Maybe if I can get someone willing to actually get into the gunner seat (I've had people refuse to jump into the gunner seat even as a tank bore down on them/they were light assault).

Game being kind of laggy isn't helping either. I've been kind of saddened by all the stuff I can't test out due to the lag making most of the actual gameplay on ground unbearable. It's not like I have a super terrible card either, it's a nvidia GT 520.

Last edited by Lucifarus; 2012-09-17 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2012-09-17, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Damiann
Private

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I thought certs points were currently tied to accumulation of XP. XP is accumulated via actions performed in game. This allows a player to obtain lower cost certs while working towards another battle rank. The XP also progresses the battle rank bar towards the next rank.

Battle Rank is supposed to be tied to what you can spend the cert points on as well as what you can buy in the shop. This isn't how it is currently but I think in the end this is how it is supposed to be. They left the battle rank restriction out of beta on purpose to allow for easier testing of all the equipment imo.
Points/XP both are the same, I wasen't taking about battle ranks directly tieing in with cert gain, just points/XP gain. Anyway there are battle rank restrictions now, implants require a certain rank before you can buy them.

Lucifarus, what I would do in your situation is try other ways to get XP if you can't get enough from fighting in the air. For me capturing and defending gives me the bulk of my XP, plus some infantry killing gives a boost. I don't know really how many cerds you need, since I play HA I only needed 25 certs to kit my carbine the way I wanted so may be a lot more then 25 for you.

Last edited by Damiann; 2012-09-17 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Replying
Old 2012-09-17, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lucifarus
Private

Originally Posted by Damiann View Post
Points/XP both are the same, I wasen't taking about battle ranks directly tieing in with cert gain, just points/XP gain. Anyway there are battle rank restrictions now, implants require a certain rank before you can buy them.

Lucifarus, what I would do in your situation is try other ways to get XP if you can't get enough from fighting in the air. For me capturing and defending gives me the bulk of my XP, plus some infantry killing gives a boost. I don't know really how many cerds you need, since I play HA I only needed 25 certs to kit my carbine the way I wanted so may be a lot more then 25 for you.
I've earned about 15-20 certs in roughly 2 hours ish of gameplay today. The basic level 1 for each of the seven certs for manueverability at the moment for aircraft cost 15 just for the first level. To prevent infantry weapons from hurting your aircraft, 35 cert. I've been mostly fighting on ground. Other teams on this server seem to just be pounding mine into the ground. This characters on vanu. I'm getting close to buying missiles though. Perhaps I should stop participating in large base fights and focus on small base capturing.

They're bringing back passive certs to a extent according to smedley, so that will certainly help. It just seems like I need to dedicate a grand amount of time towards this game at the moment. Hard to stomach with all the framerate lag. System as it stands doesn't account for you just not playing very good.

Last edited by Lucifarus; 2012-09-17 at 07:47 PM.
Old 2012-09-17, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Damiann
Private

Originally Posted by Lucifarus View Post
I've earned about 15-20 certs in roughly 2 hours ish of gameplay today. The basic level 1 for each of the seven certs for manueverability at the moment for aircraft cost 15 just for the first level. To prevent infantry weapons from hurting your aircraft, 35 cert. I've been mostly fighting on ground. Other teams on this server seem to just be pounding mine into the ground. This characters on vanu. I'm getting close to buying missiles though. Perhaps I should stop participating in large base fights and focus on small base capturing.

They're bringing back passive certs to a extent according to smedley, so that will certainly help. It just seems like I need to dedicate a grand amount of time towards this game at the moment. Hard to stomach with all the framerate lag. System as it stands doesn't account for you just not playing very good.
Hmm yeah you need a lot of certs to get your build up. Personally I'm not hard pressed for certs to have what I want. Really all I'm working for is the AV launcher for HA, and that doesn't even take certs. Anyway I won't mind some minor form of passive cert gain.
Old 2012-09-18, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BloBBloB
Private

If I recall correctly, I calculated that the old cert gain gives you a cert every 53rd minute.

But will the passive gain still be there?
Old 2012-09-19, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Arovien
First Sergeant

@Lucifarus

If by missiles you mean A2A missiles, let me tell ya: they are not that great. Most experience pilots will find cover or have flares at the ready for them A2A Missiles. A2G missiles got a recent nerf, but they are still uber deadly and worth the 12500 auraxium.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions