Drifter Jets in Light Assault - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: for people who talk to boxes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-09-30, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BlackOriOn
Contributor
Private

Drifter Jets in Light Assault

Bought Drifter Jets in Light Assault Tree. Equipped it on my character.Works great for making a jump from a high location and gliding, but you can't use it for a vertical assault. I went to an equipment terminal to try to go back to my regular jump jets but can not find away unequip the drifter jets. Is there a way to unequip this upgrade? I wouldn't want to run around with it all the time. I appreciate the help.
Old 2012-09-30, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Murkie
Corporal

Re: Drifter Jets in Light Assault

I managed to unequip mine with no problem. Are your normal jumpjets listed as an option, or can you just not click on it?
Old 2012-09-30, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BlackOriOn
Contributor
Private

I only had the drifter jumpjets listed as an option. Once I equipped the drifters. I couldnt click on them to remove them. Now that you mention it I similiar issue with the sunderer and had to logout and back in again and then I was able to select it. Thanks. If it doesnt work I'll report it.
Old 2012-10-02, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is a bug with this that they hotfixed, also the bug still seems to effect TR characters.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-02, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Drifters seem like a great choice for those who like to bail from aircraft and the like.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-10-02, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

I played with them a bit, prefer the default jump pack. Though it did allow me to get from a hill to a tower quick a couple times.

Old 2012-10-02, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Did some testing. Definitely won't be the ones I normally use, but the potential for some interesting tactics(such as a form of HAHO) means this cert will be on the list.

Just think, at the max level, this thing has a near limitless fuel supply. When a Galaxy would draw too much attention, just drop these 'Drifters' at a high altitude, at a distance from the base/objective and you got a team of LAs that seem to show up from nowhere.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-10-03, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

That is a pretty cool thought right there.

Old 2012-10-04, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
Drifters seem like a great choice for those who like to bail from aircraft and the like.
Yeah you could use Drifters to infiltrate a base with a team of LA using a Galaxy that's well out of effective range of AA at an angle that most defenders wouldn't be expecting. 4 000 certs is a heck of a lot to max out the Drifter Jets though. Definitely do some cool stuff with this jet pack but it's very situational.

Edit: oh nvm Geist said the same thing already. Although the fuel isn't limitless I over used the packs flying from The Crown to Zurvan, ran out and dropped to my death 3/4s of the way there.

Last edited by Helwyr; 2012-10-04 at 06:46 PM.
Old 2012-10-04, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post
Edit: oh nvm Geist said the same thing already. Although the fuel isn't limitless I over used the packs flying from The Crown to Zurvan, ran out and dropped to my death 3/4s of the way there.
At max altitude, you have enough leeway to drop for a bit to regenerate your drifter fuel before you fire them up again, so you can make it to Zurvan from pretty far away.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions