Joining the PS2 Team - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ProSiebenSat.1 the day the world stood still.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-08, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Joining the PS2 Team

Awesome, Malorn! You're a stand up guy and it's nice to see a community member become an employee (Brasse is another player who became an employee/great asset to SOE and the community). I didn't know you worked for microsoft - that's a feat. Thanks for windows 7. Anyhow, have a great time at SOE - be sure to give Dave Georgeson a hi5 every time you see him in the office, eh. He's my game dev hero, a really inspirational person who I imagine is fun to work with (though I do have a vivid imagination and I've never met him).

If I could ask you anything, I would ask you... What model of cell phone do you have and why? I have a blackberry 9900, because the work flow is fantastic, which makes sharing pictures of my kids with my family fast and easy and because I prefer the blackberry keyboards AND MOUSE to touch screens (having a mouse cursor on a small screen is genius!).
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-10-08, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
If I could ask you anything, I would ask you... What model of cell phone do you have and why? I have a blackberry 9900, because the work flow is fantastic, which makes sharing pictures of my kids with my family fast and easy and because I prefer the blackberry keyboards AND MOUSE to touch screens (having a mouse cursor on a small screen is genius!).
Thanks Tatwi!

The phone I am currently using is an HTC Trophy running WP7. A few years ago I used an iPhone 3G, then got frustrated with AT&T and got a Droid Incredible from Verizon. I liked android a lot more than the iPhone. I switched to WP7 because it was free for me from the company and I wanted to see how it compared to the competition. I consider the WP7 a good cross between iPhone and Android. It has the structure and vision of an iPhone but with more Android-like flexibility and better usability.

Still undecided what phone I will go with next. The HTC Windows Phone 8X is what I will likely get. Though I may want an Android so I could use the PS2 app. Apple hasn't innovated on the iphone much at all in the last few years and I find their user interface inefficient and obtrusive. Android allows you to customize that interface and the Windows interface is more fluid.
Old 2012-10-08, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Thanks Tatwi!

The phone I am currently using is an HTC Trophy running WP7. A few years ago I used an iPhone 3G, then got frustrated with AT&T and got a Droid Incredible from Verizon. I liked android a lot more than the iPhone. I switched to WP7 because it was free for me from the company and I wanted to see how it compared to the competition. I consider the WP7 a good cross between iPhone and Android. It has the structure and vision of an iPhone but with more Android-like flexibility and better usability.

Still undecided what phone I will go with next. The HTC Windows Phone 8X is what I will likely get. Though I may want an Android so I could use the PS2 app. Apple hasn't innovated on the iphone much at all in the last few years and I find their user interface inefficient and obtrusive. Android allows you to customize that interface and the Windows interface is more fluid.
When I read that you work for MS, I was wondering if you were still using the free WP7 that they gave out to their employees (which is what prompted me to ask! ). Before I upgraded from my previous BB, I tried a WP7 Samsung for a bit. It was super fast and responsive, with a huge 4" screen. Browsing the web and looking at pictures was great, but I have to say that I absolutely loathed the UI (camera included), particularly how in many places it's a lot of words in odd locations with different font sizes. Compared to the Blackberry OS that I have used (ver 4, 5, 6, and 7), getting anything accomplished on a WP7 was a needless chore of sifting and swiping and backing up... BB work flow is so straightforward and effective (BB Key = Menu, Mouse = Select or I could touch the screen). I don't know why the media hammers RIM about the Blackberry being garbage, because it's a fantastic communications device and not too bad for media. The Bold 9900 is also built like a freakin tank, but the same cannot be said about the equally priced Torch.

Anyhow, "smart phones" are neat and its always interesting to hear the things people use them for, why they chose a particular device/OS, and their experiences with them!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion