Spitfires - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTS?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-10-09, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
theknits
Private

Re: Spitfires

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
No, nerfing pets makes it more like WOW. Getting rid of pets entirely is mega-WOW'ish. Why do you like WOW?
Clearly changing the pet status of a game from no pets to having pets makes it more similar to a game that has pets. I shouldn't even need to explain that.

No clue, maybe they don't like being shot at by an immobile gun that does very little damage and has a very short range. Maybe a challenge like that is too much for them to handle.
I've already explained that killing such an underwhelming foe provides no satisfaction. It only gets in the way of the real challenges.
Old 2012-10-09, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by theknits View Post
Clearly changing the pet status of a game from no pets to having pets makes it more similar to a game that has pets. I shouldn't even need to explain that.

I've already explained that killing such an underwhelming foe provides no satisfaction. It only gets in the way of the real challenges.
So make them threatening, like an enviromental hazard.
Old 2012-10-09, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
theknits
Private

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
So make them threatening, like an enviromental hazard.
You cant make them threatening without throwing game balance to the wind.
Old 2012-10-09, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

The reason devs were opposed to such things in the beginning was they wanted every single bit of gameplay to be player driven. As the beta has gone on they are slowly changing their attitude. The idea initially was a spitfire was not good because no one actually controlled it and aimed the shots.

Demand will make this available soon there is no doubt.
Old 2012-10-09, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
theknits
Private

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
The reason devs were opposed to such things in the beginning was they wanted every single bit of gameplay to be player driven. As the beta has gone on they are slowly changing their attitude. The idea initially was a spitfire was not good because no one actually controlled it and aimed the shots.

I'm guessing they would also rather not give hackers autoaim code to piggyback on either. Sadly it probably will be put in since turrets help to level the playing field between good players and bad players. Anyone can place a turret and lets face it good players are such a minority that you cant make a profit on them alone.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post

That's a load of bull. The Devs removed these things because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, the same way Blizzard went cheap with their bandwidth with Diablo 3. Anyone notice how there's no necro class in Diablo 3?

No necro = less bandwidth (cheap Blizzard)

No spitfires, no mines = less bandwidth (cheap Sony)

In the era of WOW, deployables, pet classes, etc have been steadily reduced in number for the last 10+ years until now you can only have one permanent pet out. That's because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, which makes no sense cause I'm using more bandwidth watching a youtube video than 100 players in a FPS game.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
theknits
Private

That's a load of bull. The Devs removed these things because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, the same way Blizzard went cheap with their bandwidth with Diablo 3. Anyone notice how there's no necro class in Diablo 3?

No necro = less bandwidth (cheap Blizzard)

No spitfires, no mines = less bandwidth (cheap Sony)

In the era of WOW, deployables, pet classes, etc have been steadily reduced in number for the last 10+ years until now you can only have one permanent pet out. That's because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, which makes no sense cause I'm using more bandwidth watching a youtube video than 100 players in a FPS game.
The witchdoctor class can have hordes of pets out in diablo 3. The idea of some kind of conspiracy out there to slowly remove pets from games 1 by 1 is kind of laughable.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

The witchdoctor class can have hordes of pets out in diablo 3. The idea of some kind of conspiracy out there to slowly remove pets from games 1 by 1 is kind of laughable.
Oh I guess you haven't noticed that when MMO's first came out the number of pets were unlimited (UO), up till today where your permanent pet is limited to 1.

Unlimited > 1

If pets aren't limited "Guild Wars" then they last like 30 seconds then disappear. Whoops, looks like even Guild Wars limited their necro pets too in the last few years; that too use to be unlimited although they rapidly decayed.

It's not a conspiracy, it's gaming companies being cheap with their bandwidth. Sounds like you are for this Great Cheapening.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

WOW has reduced pets from unlimited in UO to one. Planetside 2 is WOW'ish in that regard, and follows that WOW'izing formula of being cheap.

I'm sure walking provides no satisfaction either, let's get rid of walking.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault