Improvement: Server resources and map income - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Real life is over rated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-12-11, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MoonLiteNite
Private

Server resources and map income

Thought I would share my biggest issue with planetside2.

The way the system works now is you gather resources for the map you are on only.
Why is this a problem? It causes people to quit the map that they are on and switch to one they are already WINNING on. So the winning team just wins even more.

So you log into a server, you are losing your map and you got like 3 bases there and your resources run dry cause you have like +10 +15 +30 or something.
What do 99% of people do? Quit the map and move over to the one where they have 80% of the population and already steam rolling.

This seems to happen on all 3 servers i play on, and as the night goes on, it just turns into a 1 team owns 1 map during all night hours.

My suggestion to help fix this, is to lower the rates of ALL lands. And make all the maps resources be a big pool. So even if you are on the losing map, you still make an income while your allies are cleaning up on the other map.

Another suggestion I have, which a bit more far fetched. Is to either LOCK a team from joining a map if they already have 45% population, that way maps just don't get steam rolled by one team per each map.

Or another far out idea is to charge cert points to switch maps if you are up in population. So if I am at 70% population for the map, and i want to go there, it would cost me 7 cert points.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault