Nerf the NC MAX. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fear the Domo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-05, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Keep scissors sharp, rocks hard, and paper thin. Homogenization is for milk.
This is what I am saying and proving a point that people refuse to use counters properly which is why needless nerfs are called. The problem is that SOE is already homogenizing the game. Which is a endless cycle that leads to the factions uniqueness being destroyed. If they want factions to be different then they need to stop nerfing and possibly revert some changes already made. Buff the proper counters so that they work as intended.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Assist
Contributor
Major

Some of you missed the point of the post. You can argue the advantages of the NC MAX and the disadvantages of the NC MAX the same way you could argue the advantages and disadvantages of the Magrider or TRAC-5. I think the past 10 posts have proven this, incase for some reason you still haven't caught on. For those who say you can out distance a MAX congratulations, you can also hide behind a rock vs a tank. There's ways around everything in this game, just as there were solutions to Magriders and the TRAC-5. They nerfed TR and VS so they can be more in-line with NC. NC however still have a distinct advantage in all CQC due to their MAX, I think the evidence can point to the number of NC the first two months of the game who had ridiculous kill numbers(10-20k above TR/VS) and were primarily in their MAX.

The point of the post is that the game is slowly becoming a game where everyone is the same faction. I was attempting to get the replies to shine a light on this and some of you have. My opinion on it, if they don't want to continue this trend and nerf the NC MAX(which is coming), is they should make the game how it should be. Give the TR their ridiculous mag size with the fastest firing guns, give the NC more damage on their guns, and remove the distance damage drop off from the VS while nerfing their fire-rate. Everyone will be unique then. The tanks should be the same way, IMO. Give the VS the mobility(with lower damage), give the Prowler the speed(movement), and make the Vanguard a true tank(double hp).

I don't want a game with three factions that all play the same, but that's what they've been balancing the game to and quite frankly it's boring that the game has been reduced to only infantry fights for the game to be 'fun'. This game should be about strategic military style warfare.

Of course the first thing that needs to be changed/fixed is the render distance. That one issue is plaguing this game so bad in the large scale fights that everyone has started to accept it. When the strategy to hold a base from being overrun is to get more people there and abuse the render distance, that says a lot about the game
Old 2013-02-05, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

The reason people aren't getting what you're saying is because it's just like what you see on the official forums. If you're going to try making a point, best not to use the point of someone who makes it seriously.

This is all irrelevent though, since didn't Higby already say the crippled Magrider movement was unintentional?

What's not a mistake, though, is trying to fix Magriders so they can't go places no one else can go (not even infantry.. well, maybe a LAs, but that's about it). That being going on massive cliff faces and sitting there like it's no big deal. That not only screws up tank vs tank balance, it has a much bigger affect on tank vs infantry balance.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

No, you confuse balancing with being overpowered. Being overpowered means that something is the best choice for nearly every situation. The Magrider was better or as good as the other tanks in MOST situations. There was no situation where you could say "Oh, now I can kill that Magrider easily!". Just no. It was ALWAYS dangerous and in a distance it was impossible to hit and it could climb every hill. I always fear the Magrider on all distances and I am not a too bad tank driver. The same goes for the Trac-5, it was just too good compared to what the other empires had.

The NC Max is only strong in certain (close range) situations, just like the VS and TR MAXs are strong on midrange. There is a difference between ALWAYS good and sometimes good, sometimes bad. That's what some of you don't seem to see.

If you say NC MAXes are OP you can also say shotguns are OP because they are better than assault rifles in CQC.

Edit: But I believe we will see some close range weapon for non NC MAXs in the future... it would be sad for the game, but SOE could make good money with it, so I guess they will sell it.

Edit²: Check out these 2 videos and say the NC MAX is overpowered:

It gets ripped apart by bots VS and TR MAXs at 10m.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-05 at 11:46 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Am I the ONLY ONE who remembers the descriptions of the factions that the devs gave?!?!??

Terran Republic: Bigger clips, normal damage.

Vanu Soverignty: Faster shooting, smaller damage.

New Conglomerate: Hits hard, lower firing rate.

I mean, HELLO!! The devs told you that the NC would be doing the most damage, but that they would be firing slower than the other two factions. NC hits the hardest (does the most damage) out of all three factions. They fire the slowest out of all three factions. Stop complaining about the NC MAXes because if they nerf them, next you'll be complaining about either the Vanguard or the Reaver. You can claim that I'm biased because I'm NC all God damn day long but I'm only stating facts. Check your facts before complaining about the other factions. Thank you, have a nice day! ^_^

Edit: Assist, I didn't even have to read to the second page of this thread before I knew what you would be saying the whole time. You remind me of that guy a month or two ago that complained that the rear armor of the tanks needed to be buffed. xD

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-02-05 at 11:52 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I am talking about maxes too. Are you not reading the rest of my posts? What does a VS max do that is unique or an advantage that the NC or TR can not do?
Causing the opposing factions to miss from uncontrollable laughter due to the VS MAX's waving their hands in the air like giant spastic purple Kermit the frogs!

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
<==============
==============>
<==============
==============>
Old 2013-02-05, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Speaking as someone who regularly engages tanks as an NC AV MAX, I can without doubt say that the pre patch Magrider was far more dangerous than the Prowler; a much harder nut to crack.

I've yet to cert/buy dual Scattercannons, but from my experience with running a single Scat, they are pretty useless at anything other than close range. I would prefer to go with the TR MAX for AI combat (but I'm not whining that I want it nerfed).
Old 2013-02-05, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
No, you confuse balancing with being overpowered. Being overpowered means that something is the best choice for nearly every situation. The Magrider was better or as good as the other tanks in MOST situations. There was no situation where you could say "Oh, now I can kill that Magrider easily!". Just no. It was ALWAYS dangerous and in a distance it was impossible to hit and it could climb every hill. I always fear the Magrider on all distances and I am not a too bad tank driver. The same goes for the Trac-5, it was just too good compared to what the other empires had.

The NC Max is only strong in certain (close range) situations, just like the VS and TR MAXs are strong on midrange. There is a difference between ALWAYS good and sometimes good, sometimes bad. That's what some of you don't seem to see.

If you say NC MAXes are OP you can also say shotguns are OP because they are better than assault rifles in CQC.

Edit: But I believe we will see some close range weapon for non NC MAXs in the future... it would be sad for the game, but SOE could make good money with it, so I guess they will sell it.

[Test] NC MAX vs. TR MAX Anti-infantry weaponry 11.01.13 - YouTube
[Test] NC MAX vs. VS MAX Anti-infantry weaponry 14.01.13 - YouTube

How about this, you give me your NC MAX and I'll give you my VS MAX. Since, you know they're balanced. Right?

No offense to you, but an NC player making a video of the NC MAX getting destroyed is like me making a montage of my Magrider blowing up. What does it mean in the end? Nothing.

As once stated by the man himself; you have to see how the game plays out rather than just looking at the numbers in small instances. As the game plays out right now, NC MAX outperforms the TR/VS Max by quite a bit more than the Magrider outperformed the Vanguard/Prowler.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post

-snip-=

Thanks for posting this; absolute proof that the NC AI MAX is not OP.

(\thread)
Old 2013-02-05, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Thanks for posting this; absolute proof that the NC AI MAX is not OP.

(\thread)
lol, if you're serious that's funny. If you're not serious it's even funnYer
Old 2013-02-05, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
As once stated by the man himself; you have to see how the game plays out rather than just looking at the numbers in small instances. As the game plays out right now, NC MAX outperforms the TR/VS Max by quite a bit more than the Magrider outperformed the Vanguard/Prowler.
So you think that you are in a better position to see how the game plays out than SoE, who have access to a huge amount of data on MBT, MAX performance?
Old 2013-02-05, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I'm loving seeing all these Vanu tears.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
So you think that you are in a better position to see how the game plays out than SoE, who have access to a huge amount of data on MBT, MAX performance?
When did they give out the numbers on MAX performance?
Old 2013-02-05, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
HiroshiChugi
Captain

did ANYONE see the fucking post i put? It puts Assist's argument to rest. case in point.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

How can something be OP when its worthless past ten meters? I dont understand the logic on these calls for a nerf.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion