we need to see the scat max stats. ( devs please read) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wonder how long Hamma's ban stick really is.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-12, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: we need to see the scat max stats. ( devs please read)

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
...The simple truth is that the NC MAX is annoying because it INSTANTLY kills its opponents...
This. OHK's are terrible for balance. Especially when only one faction has access to them. If only one faction had Pump action Shotguns you would see as many if not more Nerf threads.

I am all for assymetrical balance. And maybe just myabe the lancer will be the answer to at least the VS's NC max issue.

Personally i think being instagibbed because you walked around a corner a NC max was hiding in isn't really balanced. 2 cents.

Old 2013-03-12, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Wish I could have recorded the footage from last night. The TR mercy machine guns are terrible. You can't even reliably hit a infantry within 30 meters with them. It was sad. Meanwhile in the same distance the NC hacksaws would haev insta-gibbed the infantry.
A pretty big exageration honestly. If you guys want Hackmaxes to get nerfed fine, but give us something with some range then as that's our ONLY option for AI MAX.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Wish I could have recorded the footage from last night. The TR mercy machine guns are terrible. You can't even reliably hit a infantry within 30 meters with them. It was sad. Meanwhile in the same distance the NC hacksaws would haev insta-gibbed the infantry.
I find that very hard to believe.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
A pretty big exageration honestly. If you guys want Hackmaxes to get nerfed fine, but give us something with some range then as that's our ONLY option for AI MAX.
Its not a big a exaggeration. The TR and VS MAX weapons are functionally identical. Their range I would say is very very poor, useless at long range and operates effectively only in ranges slightly further than Scattercannons (20m -> 30m).

By the way, you have Slugs for long ranges. I haven't used slugs myself, but from what I've seen, they have the same effective range as the Mercy/Quasar (30m).

Last edited by DeltaGun; 2013-03-12 at 04:16 PM.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I'd love to know where this "60%" number comes from.

The NC MAX weaponry is the strongest. Currently, it is the NC's strength. TR have the best LMG and tank. VS have the best ESF. It's called variety. Up in your face, the NC MAX is the best choice on the battlefield. Med-long range, TR infantry becomes the best choice. Tanks vs. tank, Prowler or Mag. Farming infantry? Prowler. A2A, Scythe. It goes round and round.

Back to NC MAXes, the NC MAX basically hits like an alpha strike. It hits hard, but doesn't sustain. You will get caught up reloading a lot. The VS MAX is the best for mowing through multiple infantry and the TR MAX is good at that too. Ever notice that NC MAXes are very loud when they walk? TR MAXes are quieter and VS MAXes tip-toe. They are different. They are all good with support.

Honestly, they should remove AV MAXes and just have AI and MAX buster MAXes - Anti-MAX MAXes.
well most of the skilled nc players i talk to on connery agree its broken, some of which are from your very own outfit piggy.
so your saying the nc max data will look like the magrider data because your nc, you hit hard and reload alot. its cute... really is.

you know i got some more percents for ya too.
there was this guy on vs who didnt nothing but gun his mag 50% of the time he was in game. he said it wasnt op and the vs have technology advantages ,which made this ok. we saw the data it got nerfed...

another fine gent spent 50% of his time in game with his prowler blasting people with dual he. he said it wasnt op that they were tr and they should fire faster,which made this ok. we saw the data and its getting nerfed.

then there was this guy evilpig,who spent 50% of his time in game in a max.he said that the nc should hit hard and istagib ,because its a faction trait, which made this ok....... what do you think will happen when we see the data piggy?

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-03-12 at 04:39 PM.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Like I said, I wish I had video of it. It was 3 of us playing with a outfit member than had dual mercies at the TR WG. He said he wasn't sure if he was bugged or not, but he was not able to reliably hit either of us from within 30 meters. He said if he was bugged then it's a persistant bug that hasn't gone away. The cone of fire was so spread out it was rediculous.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kail
Staff Sergeant

As an infantry I rather expect to die very quickly to a MAX suit who catches me. Especially at close range. The only issue I have is how the NC max can lay out another empire's max in under a second; ie, if there's an enemy max who kills me, I should be able to hop into my own max suit to deal with him (ignoring skill differences).

Personally I'm a fan of requiring AV-type weapons against MAXs; a MAX who goes dual AI is now weak against other MAXes (who haven't). It also has the nice benefit of showing how painful it is to have only a single class with a ranged AV tool.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gZv7Os1jYms

many issues with the hit detection on the dual cyc. been this way since beta.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gZv7Os1jYms

many issues with the hit detection on the dual cyc. been this way since beta.
I thought they fixed that a month or so ago.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-12, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

well most of the skilled nc players i talk to on connery agree its broken, some of which are from your very own outfit piggy.
so your saying the nc max data will look like the magrider data because your nc, you hit hard and reload alot. its cute... really is.

you know i got some more percents for ya too.
there was this guy on vs who didnt nothing but gun his mag 50% of the time he was in game. he said it wasnt op and the vs have technology advantages ,which made this ok. we saw the data it got nerfed...

another fine gent spent 50% of his time in game with his prowler blasting people with dual he. he said it wasnt op that they were tr and they should fire faster,which made this ok. we saw the data and its getting nerfed.

then there was this guy evilpig,who spent 50% of his time in game in a max.he said that the nc should hit hard and istagib ,because its a faction trait, which made this ok....... what do you think will happen when we see the data piggy?
You're starting to get whiney. I said it's the NC's strength. When I play TR, I get to enjoy raping NC as they attempt to close the distance with my CARV 9. The current balance is that everything is not the same, some empires are better than others at certain roles. If that isn't good enough for you, at least get it right. I don't spend 50% of my time in a NC MAX, but in an indoor slugfest, I will bring the best weapon for the job. It also doesn't mean the other two MAXes suck. Not by far.

I asked for Heavy Gauss during development, but we still got shotguns.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-03-12, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Quick word to the fellows who want everyone to have shotgun max weapons. Each side is designed to have different strengths, forcing attacking players to change how they fight depending on who they are attacking. You don't see it with aircraft yet but when we get more faction specific weapons who we're fighting will start to matter more and more to how we fight.
Old 2013-03-12, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Pella
Captain

NC Max still needs to be tweaked.

1: Stand to the side of a door
2: Kill anything Instantly that comes through
3: Press V+6

Life of a NC Max.
Old 2013-03-12, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

I thought they fixed that a month or so ago.

lol yea i wish they did.... not sure i have ever seen anyone from soe acknowledge the issue.
Old 2013-03-12, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
You're starting to get whiney. I said it's the NC's strength. When I play TR, I get to enjoy raping NC as they attempt to close the distance with my CARV 9. The current balance is that everything is not the same, some empires are better than others at certain roles. If that isn't good enough for you, at least get it right. I don't spend 50% of my time in a NC MAX, but in an indoor slugfest, I will bring the best weapon for the job. It also doesn't mean the other two MAXes suck. Not by far.

I asked for Heavy Gauss during development, but we still got shotguns.

im sure those mag drivers felt the same way you do now. the only reason i said you were in a max 50% of the time is because your stats say 151 hrs played 74 hrs of which were in a max. i was simply stating that your time spent in said op max might hinder your judgement just as it did to those who spent time in magriders and HE prowlers.

cant believe i had to explain that.i guess i can be theatrical.
Old 2013-03-12, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

im sure those mag drivers felt the same way you do now. the only reason i said you were in a max 50% of the time is because your stats say 151 hrs played 74 hrs of which were in a max. i was simply stating that your time spent in said op max might hinder your judgement just as it did to those who spent time in magriders and HE prowlers.

cant believe i had to explain that.i guess i can be theatrical.
Class selection shows MAX as 33% for me. Time is skewed though. When commanding, I usually sit in a MAX because if I'm staring at the map I at least have a chance of surviving if jumped.

Looked again and it is time per class. 33%

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-03-12 at 05:25 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion