News: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll drizzle tha shizzle all over tha hizzle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-18, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: GU07 Patch Notes - 4/18/13

no more spool up time on the Minigun!!.... they listened to me YAY!

lots of good stuff in there that will need to be tested in the field, the only thing I'm worried about is how my dual mercies will be after the change might have to change over to a fotm for my MAX

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-04-18 at 10:58 AM.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ah! Gold Plating.. Classic!

I'm actually curious the difference between all of them.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-04-18 at 11:15 AM.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
no more spool up time on the Minigun!!.... they listened to me YAY!

lots of good stuff in there that will need to be tested in the field, the only thing I'm worried about is how my dual mercies will be after the change might have to change over to a fotm for my MAX
Which is why the Lasher has new animations. It will still be a mostly terrible heavy weapon... the MCG and the Hammer are totally better for what they are meant for. It's SOE's way of saying.. sorry the Lasher is still terrible, but at least it has new graphics and is flashy!
Old 2013-04-18, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Which is why the Lasher has new animations. It will still be a mostly terrible heavy weapon... the MCG and the Hammer are totally better for what they are meant for. It's SOE's way of saying.. sorry the Lasher is still terrible, but at least it has new graphics and is flashy!
I've actually tested out the Lasher on the Test Server and liked it... a lot... It did a good amount of damage, but you just gotta shoot first and not be noticed, or you're dead...
Old 2013-04-18, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

Someone post a screenshot of the fancy new comparison screen between the different revolvers added.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-18, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Laser sight and flashlight. There was a compensator available for about a day on test but got removed, not sure why.
yessssssssssssssss
gold plated flashlight hand cannon. Dreams have come true.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
I've actually tested out the Lasher on the Test Server and liked it... a lot... It did a good amount of damage, but you just gotta shoot first and not be noticed, or you're dead...
My main issue with the Lasher is how it is a AOE weapon. Most of the times I have used it I end up doing more damage to friendlies that want to get the kill and run into my green stream of awesomesauce. I actually really like the Lasher, it's just very situational and not as easy to carry around as the MCG or Hammer.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
TR T7 Mini-Chaingun[LIST][*]This weapon’s spool up time no longer acts like a fire delay. It will now fire immediately and then ramp up to its maximum RPM over the spool up duration.
the mcg still has a spin up time.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

My main issue with the Lasher is how it is a AOE weapon. Most of the times I have used it I end up doing more damage to friendlies that want to get the kill and run into my green stream of awesomesauce. I actually really like the Lasher, it's just very situational and not as easy to carry around as the MCG or Hammer.
I can see that complaint against it however I cannot see why people call it useless.

Coming up against Lashers can be extremely annoying. They do a very good job of preventing forward movement. They rarely get killing blows but you can halt a whole group of infantry with it. I've been on the receiving end plenty of times to know the effect.

The Jackhammer on the other hand...
Old 2013-04-18, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
the mcg still has a spin up time.
According to the notes it should be firing while spinning up instead of spinning up until max rotation speed and then firing. Is that not happening?
Old 2013-04-18, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
I can see that complaint against it however I cannot see why people call it useless.

Coming up against Lashers can be extremely annoying. They do a very good job of preventing forward movement. They rarely get killing blows but you can halt a whole group of infantry with it. I've been on the receiving end plenty of times to know the effect.

The Jackhammer on the other hand...
Try running at the Lasher user rather than avoiding his shots. Your Magshot will kill the Lasher user faster than the Lasher will kill you.
Anytime I see people hunkered down by the Lasher I think of this:
Old 2013-04-18, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
moosepoop
Captain

According to the notes it should be firing while spinning up instead of spinning up until max rotation speed and then firing. Is that not happening?
no, its not happening. the hipfiire accureacy hasnt increased either. it looks like the mcg was untouched by the patch
Old 2013-04-18, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
no, its not happening. the hipfiire accureacy hasnt increased either. it looks like the mcg was untouched by the patch
Not that I want to promote BuzzCut, but maybe they didn't change it after he filmed this yesterday. I bet SOE watches his stream. They did hit him with the ban recently.

http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/b/392154292

He spends at least the first 45 mins using only the MCG for the most part... complaining about everything in the game and how terrible the MCG is while mowing down tons of people with it and calling it terrible...

Again, I don't promote him. I do think his constant complaining about everything in the game is hilarious so it makes good entertainment while at work.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
moosepoop
Captain

Not that I want to promote BuzzCut, but maybe they didn't change it after he filmed this yesterday. I bet SOE watches his stream. They did hit him with the ban recently.

http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/b/392154292

He spends at least the first 45 mins using only the MCG for the most part... complaining about everything in the game and how terrible the MCG is while mowing down tons of people with it and calling it terrible...

Again, I don't promote him. I do think his constant complaining about everything in the game is hilarious so it makes good entertainment while at work.
when did buzzcut get banned? thats great news.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Redshift
Major

Makes sense tbh, normal gun costs a normal amount, some people are willing to pay for special black or gold versions, so long as they're stats are the same it's good design
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion