Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Taking Cyssor, One fish at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-14, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cooper
Private

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Higby: I spoke to you back in January during the "Metgame Design Meeting" thing. The last thing I did was bring up a small "quality of life issue". It was that Platoon Leaders cannot access /orders or /leader without also being Squad Leader. (In fact they cannot access any "Squad Leadership" certifications such as smoke).

Your response was that you were fairly sure there was a ticket out on that issue. Given it's been a while, could that be made more of a priority please

-------
Ongoing "Quality of life" issues:
1) "Squad Leadership" certs to be available to platoon leader even if they are not a squad leader

2) Update Platoon UI so that the Platoon leader can move him / herself.

3) Update Platoon UI so that the "recruitment" options display properly.
(If one squad leader updates recruitment options, the details in this section change for all platoon members. Though this does not over-write any recruitment options previously set for other squads)
Suggestion: Squad leaders can only ever see what the recruitment settings are for their squad. Add tabs for each squad to this section for the Platoon leader so they can see what has been set (and set themselves)

4) Remove kill details from text chat.
Suggestion: Tabs such as "leader" only display messages sent via /leader
Ideally: Tabs should be customisable by what feeds appear in it (from locay /say and kill details to region and leader)

-----
Small suggestion

1) Outfit calendar
(For scheduling & advertising events. Preferably one that can by synchronised with an external .ical calendar file...)
Old 2013-05-14, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
4) Remove kill details from text chat.
Suggestion: Tabs such as "leader" only display messages sent via /leader
Ideally: Tabs should be customisable by what feeds appear in it (from locay /say and kill details to region and leader)
I actually want the kill feed in its own tab. Just look at how World of Warcraft does it! Multiple chat tabs, even a Combat Log... which is nauseatingly intricate, and just replacing it with a kill feed would work in Planetside 2.

Yes please to customizable chat tabs.

I'd also like to be able to set the text size on the screen in the chat. I recently went down a little in terms of resolution, suddenly I can only see 60% of the text that I could see before without scrolling. I low-res text is harder, but if I can understand the letters I'll definitely be close enough to the screen to read them!
Old 2013-05-14, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it would be nice if the last load out you customized was the load out you spawned as. Right now if I spawned as Medic Loadout 01 and then die, then customize Medic Loadout 02, it will still spawn me as Medic Loadout 01 unless I specify Loadout 02. Presumably if I'm customizing a loadout, it means I'm customizing it for the situation I'm in and I want to use that loadout next.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion