OMFG Update Celebration, Double or Triple Station Cash?!? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not press the red button
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-14, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BOXXY
Private

Talking OMFG Update Celebration, Double or Triple Station Cash?!?

Dear SOE,
Let's first approach this from a purely business / economical standpoint first.
1) HUGE potentially game changing update comes out
2) Everyone wants to get on (especially those who had it, tried it, but gave up because they couldn't run it)
3) Most people from (2) haven't been on in a very long time and have missed out on a large portion of the Marketplace.

Now imagine this, pretend I am one of those people. I give PS2 another shot and realize the game is now awesome and I want to play it again, but I don't have any of those cool or new things anymore. I am suddenly interested to spend some money, if I had an incentive...

Please don't wait for the Holidays! Take advantage of the current server populations now, while people are still here! Give those people, and your Veterans some love here!

What do you guys say? Am I being crazy?
Old 2013-11-14, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Re: OMFG Update Celebration, Double or Triple Station Cash?!?

dude.....the release aniversary is coming up. If they o something it will be then.
Old 2013-11-14, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Now imagine this, pretend I am one of those people. I give PS2 another shot and realize the game is still getting stale after a few hours although performance is slightly better.

Honestly, I don't see why they should do that now. I really, really, really doubt that all too many players quit because of performance issues. Maybe they have, but once they have returned and played for some hours they will come to notice that it's still the same game which can be confusing and boring pretty fast. I really don't think that OMFG will have the lasting impact on server populations as people make it to be. Even if it would be a 10+ FPS increase across the board (which it isn't) then it's still the same game. And nobody can tell me that PS2 has been bleeding that huge amount of players because they were dissatisfied with the performance. Performance is important, but it's not what it costing the game players right now.

Let's talk again in two to three weeks and see where we are at. The holidays are a "perfect" time for that (although I find it stupid to put that stuff on holidays when people are usually traveling around spending time with family and friends...).
I would hate to draw in even more players now just to have them quit again. Because every time they reinstall the game and still find it to be the same the less likely they are to retry it with the next patch.

OMFG is cool and nice and everything. But PS2 isn't a completely new game out of the sudden. There still is a metric fuckton of changes they need to address before I would tell people to give PS2 another chance. It's still the same game we are playing. We might like it and enjoy it even more now, but I doubt that this will be enough for all those people who quit during the last months.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-11-14 at 05:06 AM.
Old 2013-11-14, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

They've already said that there will be one during some upcoming holidays.
They didn't specify which holiday tho so... assume the worst.
Old 2013-11-14, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Qwan
Captain

I dont know guys, I hope they dont do it on thanksgiving, or christmas, or new years. I mean on these days Ill either be with family or ill be to damn drunk and out at the club. I hope they do a release event, or a prior to the holiday event, but please not on the actual holiday itself.
Old 2013-11-14, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BOXXY View Post
Dear SOE,
Let's first approach this from a purely business / economical standpoint first.
1) HUGE potentially game changing update comes out
2) Everyone wants to get on (especially those who had it, tried it, but gave up because they couldn't run it)
3) Most people from (2) haven't been on in a very long time and have missed out on a large portion of the Marketplace.

Now imagine this, pretend I am one of those people. I give PS2 another shot and realize the game is now awesome and I want to play it again, but I don't have any of those cool or new things anymore. I am suddenly interested to spend some money, if I had an incentive...

Please don't wait for the Holidays! Take advantage of the current server populations now, while people are still here! Give those people, and your Veterans some love here!

What do you guys say? Am I being crazy?
Yes, you're crazy.

Now, on the other hand, if you were talking about a double XP weekend...

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-11-14, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
I dont know guys, I hope they dont do it on thanksgiving, or christmas, or new years. I mean on these days Ill either be with family or ill be to damn drunk and out at the club. I hope they do a release event, or a prior to the holiday event, but please not on the actual holiday itself.
I hear most people, including myself, are awesome players when drunk....
Old 2013-11-14, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BOXXY
Private

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
I hear most people, including myself, are awesome players when drunk....
That is what NC Friday Night DrunkOps are all about
Old 2013-11-14, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Because I see the ingame items as expensive (relatively) I only buy on double or triple station cash offers.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2013-11-14 at 07:25 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion