IMO KillCam killing the Game - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sigbot ate my parents!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: KillCam in Planetside2?
No-Go 198 72.53%
No Problem 75 27.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-31, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Aurmanite
Captain

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
I think we need a kill cam video from the Devs right now so we can see what it looks like.
Higby are you there?
Dude...
Old 2012-01-31, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

What? you wouldn't want to see some gameplay? We need to see some footage so we have a Idea of what it looks like.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-01-31 at 04:58 PM.
Old 2012-01-31, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
I'm not going to do that thing where I quote portions of your post. That's kinda weird.
Charmed, I'm sure.
Old 2012-01-31, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Pillow
Corporal

Why people enjoy watching themselves when they die and then watch when their corpse getting molested and forced fed nuts is beyond me.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

lmao at this one.... its a kill cam, it helps noobs learn the game. this is the purpose it serves. omgwtf just killed me?????? noob now knows what killed him . other then that, its something to do while your spawning. any experienced fps player already knows what killed him and where it came from.

no problem with this all.

if you plan to camp the same location hours on end framing noobs, then i can see issues some may have with it.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2012-01-31 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Blue
Private

I don't particularly like killcams but it will make a big difference how it's implemented. If there is an option for infiltration classes to not reveal one, then I have less of a problem with it.

I did play COD and one thing that bugged me was I had to change my style of sniping to not give myself away on killcams. For example, if I found a great spot to snipe, I would stay zoomed in so they could not see my direct surroundings. However this got my killed several times because I couldn't see an enemy coming up 20 feet infront of me.

There has to be another way of stopping hackers and helping players learn than revealing the location of every person who kills you.

And I am confused about the employee response on "battles so large it won't make a difference"

Not everyone will always be in a huge battle. That's why it's planetside....remember?

Some of the tiny tower skirmishes were my absolute favorite times playing planetside. Especially if it was ever 1v1. Killcams is like playing split-screen halo with a friend. Are you just going to pretend it's not helping you to see where he is?

Once again, ALLOWING A PERK(or implant, or whatever) TO ELIMINATE YOUR KILL CAM, would make the world of difference to me, and I think to many of my comrads.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Graywolves
General

Killcams breaks the metagame on the battle fronts.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
ratfusion
Corporal

I voted for killcams for a few easy reasons:

Killcams help new players learn locations and techniques

Killcams help catch cheaters

Snipers that stay glued to one spot deserve to die

The developers cannot afford to cater the game to hardcore players. If killcams help narrow the margin between new players and elite talent, they need to be there.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

I don't understand why people feel like kill cams will suddenly make it so much easier to see who killed you. Given the high TTK of PS1, it was such a rare occasion that you would get killed without knowing where the person who killed you was. For me, the only two that really baffled me were the first time I found out about tree sniping, and a cloaker who threw plasma nades from on top of bunkers. I mean, it took two shots from a bolt driver, and there were hit indicators in the game. It took like 20 rounds from an AMP. If someone killed you with a mag pistol, he was probably right behind you. And if you got killed by a beamer or repeater and you didn't know where it came from, well that's just sort of embarrassing. With a high TTK, it just seems so improbable that you would not know who killed you. Killcams (ala COD) are just a fun way to see what you did wrong, or watch what the other player did right.

Last edited by CuddlyChud; 2012-01-31 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2012-01-31, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Killcams breaks the metagame on the battle fronts.
How?
Old 2012-01-31, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Figment
Lieutenant General

Just look at these kill cams and tell me you've just not learned anything about a player's strategies/capabilities (type: CoD MW). Particularly #3 at 1:00 shows a lot of pre-kill process about ambushes and it's literally only showing a couple seconds.

Next time they go after #3 in a warehouse, they'd know he likes to sit way high up to get the drop on people. If you only got the body cam, you'd know the direction of the knife, but not how he got to throw it at you and where he was positioned prior to that move. That's what I mean when talking about infils.

I mean, you get radar, killspam, hit indicators... do you really NEED killcam on top of that? >_> Will it be the end of gaming civilization as we know it? Probably not. Will it have influence on ACCURATE intel sharing? Most definitely.
Old 2012-01-31, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

I can only accept kill cam if it is skip able .
There should be ways to remove it such as Implants
Old 2012-01-31, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Just look at these kill cams and tell me you've just not learned anything about a player's strategies/capabilities (type: CoD MW). Particularly #3 at 1:00 shows a lot of pre-kill process about ambushes and it's literally only showing a couple seconds.
But that's exactly why I think kill cams would be helpful. They assist in teaching newer players the game and generally raise the gameplay of everyone.

Sure, it can also lead to "There's so and so on the top catwalk at this place. Take him out." But like you said, that kind of information can happen anyways, albiet it could be slightly slower and less specific without kill cams.

Personally, and I know I'm in the minority, I believe the pros of kill cams outweigh the cons, especially of a player can spend skill points to hide his kill cam.

Old 2012-01-31, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
WaryWizard
Sergeant

I think I know what they may do. Have killcam by default. Make it where you can't turn it off. No things in the cert tree to get rid of it. In the store will be an implant that that you can buy, and removes the kill cam.

They'll make soooo much money off of that.
Old 2012-01-31, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

SOE just need to incorporate the option to hide killcam and all will be well. The people who don't wont it can have it off and the people who don't care can have it on.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion