Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma and jennyboo, sittin' in a tree...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-15, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Some HUD changes for the vehicles is the first thing that comes to mind.

I would love to be able to see which direction my gunners are facing and which direction my turret is facing on the health icon of the vehicle. I would also like to know how much ammo each of my gunners has left.

Right now using a vehicle with people is a bit annoying because of this. I also can't imagine it's a very difficult thing to add to the game.

Hotkeys for classes and loadouts would be fantastic as well as a button for each loadout of a class instead of a dropdown.

The IFF range on tank mines is way too low. Increase it by quite a bit. I'm sick of shooting my faction's mines while in a tank because I have to be right on top of them before I see if they are friendly or not.

Remove the damage that debris inflicts upon vehicles. I blew up a sunderer once and a chunk of the debris landed on my lighting and it exploded and gave me a suicide. Very annoying.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
XenocX
Private

OK...
1. Expanded minimap should still display location, cap locations and timers etc, rather than be hidden
2. Other platoon squad members should be listed at the bottom, alongside your own squad (pref toggleable for those who don't want it).
3. Gunner direction indicators in all vehicles with gunners so other vehicle crew (esp pilot) and the gunner himself can see where they're looking in relation to the vehicle direction
4. Customizable squad colours
5. Deployables tracker - how many you can put out, vs how many are currently deployed. No idea at the moment whether old mines have been destroyed or not.
6. Squad name list have icons for those in vehicles.
7. Fix the spinning drop pods
Old 2013-05-15, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #138
Fishy
Private

1. Fix the bug where aiming down sights while on a slope jumps in and out of focus
2. More voice macros, as "I need a gunner", or "Defend the SCU" and the mostly used ones from PS1
3. Fix the friendly player targeting menu (looking at a player and pressing Q) - currently it is almost impossible to use the mouse to navigate the different options (suggestion - select menu options by using the mouse wheel scrolling)
Old 2013-05-15, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #139
Supalink
Private

As mentioned prior,
Drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
  • Option to turn off Outfit members logging on/off (just like Friends)
  • Auto Supply for Grenades/Mines/Restoration Kits. Working not just at empty.
  • Not getting run over from a gentle bump from Magriders/Lightnings/Tanks moving around.
  • No indication if your mines are still planted or have been destroyed.
  • Low FOV for tanks
Old 2013-05-15, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
I just had the most brilliant idea: Have little icons of what vehicle squadmates are in, like the icons we see at vehicle terminals. If that person is in the driver seat, give them a little steering wheel.

This would allow for PUG squad leaders to better see if everyone is on the job, who lost their vehicle, etc.
another +1 for this, genius!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-15, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Apologies if these have already been posted - thanks for taking the time out to come across here Higby!
  • Run animation made slower and more weighty and closer to the beta/alpha variant - not a fan of the floaty feel while sprinting/running (possibly require a small tweak in speed of sprint as well?).
Biggest one for me though is HUD enhancements:
  • Icons - better icons for faction team and spotted enemies; again preffered the alpha and beta icons that are still in the game asset files; makes recognition more defined (obviously scaling to not be interface intrusive).

The actual things like vehicle wheel/ammo/repair can still go inside the circular spaces (see run animation video as he passes the flash).
  • Colour palette for the crosshair - self explanatory.
  • More customization of the HUD: icon placement / location / size - being able to disable icons. I would REALLY like to see the ability for community created HUDs like what is done with EQ2 etc. there are whole communities around interface design. I don't see how these can be "cheats" or even read as by the system seeing as they're .dds and .xml based(?) and the devs don't need to support them as the authors will update the version with each GU as applicable. If they don't allow this for whatever unfathomable reason then additional layouts and options need to be added for personal tastes e.g I like having objectives/waypoints just on my compass waypoint at the top of my screen I don't need them always on display distracting my view and immersion.
  • Squad colour palette can be set by squad leaders and/or platoon leaders.
  • Comprehensive intuitive voice macros from the v key.

They're my main quality of life ones at the moment.

Last edited by Carbon Copied; 2013-05-15 at 11:37 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stvo View Post
ENGINEER (BUGS)

-Unable to switch to primary sometimes with underbarrel grenade launchers on trac 5s
-Can we just get sticky ammo packs like a c4 ? Deploying them is a pain in the ass.. would be nice to stick them like in Battlefield 3.
-auto switches to primary soon as you placed ammo box ( STAHP ) just switch to last used.

ALL vehicles (WANTS)

Number 1 request for vehicles (I also think i speak for a majority here)

((((((((((((((TURRET/GUNNER STABILIZATION)))))))))))))

-Stop making them explode if the roof hits the ground... really it sucks.
-ADD a UI for the gunner so he knows what way the vehicle is facing (like the one in the bottom right of the Skyguard UI)
-FOV slider for vehicles Pilots/Drivers and Gunners (yes .. seriously)
Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post

Turret direction indicator for Vehicles
As in a ground vehicle driver will have rotating turrets on his green vehicle health image. That show the direction of his gunners.

Vehicle Equipment Swap
I can understand this not being in, really. Because if it's used too often it could allow for too much versatility, letting one ESF do everything. But it think it'd be ok with a cost, like it requires and consumes your aircraft's cooldown. Or a high resource cost.

Originally Posted by fierce deity View Post
I would like:
  • More Voice Macros.
  • To see my hands on the handlebars of the Flash and the Steering Wheel of Harassers and Sunderers.
  • A buff to Triage. It just seems like a worthless cert line.
  • To be able to see the squad waypoints of all squads in my platoon.
  • Respawning after dying in a max suit defaulting to the last used class/loadout.
  • When Squad or Platoon leading to be able to set an XO so that if you disconnect for any reason someone competent takes over until you relog.
  • Showing armor upgrades like nanoweave or flack armor on the character.
  • New HUD for Maxes.
  • Ammo counter for secondary weapons on vehicles and a display of secondary gun position.
  • Heat buildup on engineer repair tool only if you are actively repairing something.
Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
spinning droppods need to die

i want more personal waypoints

having to pick between med kit and c4 is dumb, picking between c4 and a grenade is more understandable

cant switch gear from a vehicle without spawning another vehicle

outfit v outfit fire should not warrant grief.

using a flashlight has no use, either give it a use and open it up so it not only is shown on other players screens, but acts as a form of deterrence in itself if players actually look at the flashlight in a dark room, or remove it.

All of this.

Minimap indicators that distinguish infantry from MAX users. The best example I can show is this:

How units appear on the map:
Infantry shows up as .
MAX players should show up as [

Galaxy Drop and Ejection Seat particle effects (This should be super easy)

Max Run

Auto Run/Drive while looking at the map

Darker Nights

VGS styled voice macros. Seriously, pressing V and 1-9 is super confusing and not efficient at all. Pressing V>N>A (V to open, N for Need, A for Ammo)

I understand that you'd rather us use the ingame voice (which isn't as bad as people make it out to be), but VGS is way more efficient, less annoying, and would make A LOT of people happy. Hell I'm sure you can find more than a few people within the Planetside community that would be willing to record some voice samples free of charge to assist with this.

Additionally, there needs to be a squad mechanic that encourages squads to stay together. Kind of like if players are within X amount of distance XP is either boosted or you get a small amount of XP for sticking near your squad/squad leader.

Old 2013-05-15, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Not sure if this falls into one of these categories, but is there a reason why MAXes seem to have an easier time seeing Infiltrators? I know that sounds really subjective, but I've got 136 hours as CQC Infil and never have stealthed past a MAX. I have heard many other SMG Infil players say the same thing; so I'm just curious if something innately may be causing this or if I'm crazy. If not crazy, please fix! <3

Old 2013-05-15, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
Gavinbrindstaar
Private

Can you fix the grenade physics? I'll have times where I throw it at an open door and it'll bounce back. Also, can we have sticky AV grenades? Finally, can the Jackhammer get a balancing pass? Maybe increase the ROF on its burst fire mode.

Edit: Mine HUD indicator. Something that lets us see the status of our mines. Undetonated/detonated would be awesome. I'm never sure if my mines are still extant or not.

Last edited by Gavinbrindstaar; 2013-05-15 at 11:14 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
Phreec
Corporal

An additional "lock" next to friendly vehicle icons if they're platoon/solo locked so you don't waste your time running at the wrong Sunderers as a MAX (or any other class for that matter).

Toggle Zoom needs to be cancelled by sprinting or reloading. Currently it returns to ADS mode if you lets say hit R to reload and start sprinting away. As soon as the reload has finished it interrupts your sprint and forces you down to ADS mode again, slowing your speed down to a crawl and probably gets you killed...

Last edited by Phreec; 2013-05-15 at 11:17 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
ringring
Contributor
General

Oh yea.

Platoon displays: includes lack of clear display on the map and mini map, especially when you're separated in distance. Colours. Display of membership of platoon on HUD (coordinates PS1 style would be good).

Waypoints. PL being able to place more than one ... so he can say alpha go to wp1, beta go to wp2 etc
Old 2013-05-15, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
Athan
Private

VOIP.

It still breaks far too often. There's not a day goes by where I don't have to suggest to someone in my Outfit that they toggle VOIP off, wait a few seconds, and then toggle it back on again. Why? They've either stopped hearing a VOIP channel entirely, or can hear it but no-one hears them when they try to use it. Or can hear it but aren't getting the text notifications of activity, so don't know who's speaking.

Also I keep on finding a few people who are a little too quiet. So I go into the options and bump their volume a little, fine. Now I relog (no actual client crash mid-playing, but I note I STILL have the client crashing after hitting 'Exit' after logout) and their volume is back to where it was before. So do these options just not get saved unless the client exits 100% cleanly? Perhaps it's time to track down that 'exit' -> 'the application has encountered an error' crash ?

And on the actual enhancement side of things, can we please get the ability to set a priority order for VOIP channels, not just that 'Squelch other channels' thing (which all too often leaves the other channels' volumes at zero) ? I want to have anything on Platoon override all else, but Squad override the others, and Command override Outfit. Others might want Command > Platoon > Squad > Outfit. Or if running multiple platoons and using Outfit to co-ordinate you might want Outfit > Platoon > Squad > Command.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
HydroBIG BANG
Private

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional but if you equip the ammo pack for the engineer and you drop your ammo pack on the ground and then switch to your ACE tool and drop an ammo pack from that then the first ammo pack you drop disappears making it pointless to carry an extra ammo pack if you want to be more support focused.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #149
torokokill
Private

Delay between decloaking and firing controlled by server load/lag
Although somewhat out of scope of a QoL fix, my biggest pet peeve is the delay between hitting your decloak button and being able to fire is controlled solely by server load and lag. When Mattherson has been freshly restarted and under no load, the delay between hitting the 'F' key and being able to fire is around 0.2 seconds. When Mattherson goes under primetime load, that delay can reach upwards of 1.0-1.5 seconds.

Considering I have no feedback from the game to know if I'm able to fire, quite often I line up shots, hold breath, hit the fire button and nothing happens or I get an error noise. I can't even count the number of times I've been killed in situations where I've been unable to defend myself as the game still thinks I'm in stealth, when I'm not.
Other classes aren't affected nearly as much as the Infiltrator when the server starts lagging. It's quite frustrating.

Decals no longer display on female VS infiltrator armor
A change a few game updates back made decals not show up on female VS infiltrators. This happened before the changes to the VS infiltrator suits were made.

Decals on top of composite armor
It would be nice to have decals show on top of composite armor as well.

Use keyboard to navigate terminals
I'd love the ability to use my keyboard to navigate the infantry, vehicle and air terminals. For example, I walk up to an infantry terminal and use it. I hit F6 to swap to MAX, 2 to select my second loadout and space bar to equip it.

As it is currently, my mouse starts out at the center of the screen, I have to move it to the left side to click on MAX, then move it to the top right of the screen to select my second load out from a drop down box, and then move my mouse all the way over to the left side of the screen again to equip my MAX suit. As we all spend a lot of time at terminals in this game, it tends to get tedious and impossible to do while under fire.

Last edited by torokokill; 2013-05-15 at 11:30 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
defghi
Private

when you use an equipment terminal and then hit the same button that you used to activate should reload you and then close, without hitting a button with the mouse. have a quick option for the class and load outs, so i come up to a terminal and open it, i can hit 1 for my infiltrator, then 3 for my sniper loadout. vehicle terminals should be the same, i activate the terminal hit 1 for mosquito , then 2 for my rocket loadout. at the ammo refill silos for both air and ground vehicles there should be a similar option like the equipment terminals. i pull up to an ammo tower, activate it and use it to change my weapons, camo ect or use a quick options like hit 2 for my fury load out on my harrasser.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion