Official PS Wish List - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My cat just threw up a chipmonk
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-24, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

My wish--

Split special assault into 3 one point certs.

1- Decimator
1- Rocklet Rifle
1- Thumper

Would give it more flexibility and get rid of those pesky 1 point left over cert points.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
CosmicBlend
Private

Originally posted by 1800SCREWYOU
[B]
3rd customised bases, like the VS just got ahold of a base, so they go to the cc, hit a button and they start to reconstruct the base, but the person that hits the button is taken to a screen and he starts to design where the Bio lab will be, where the Generator will be... That would be kewl
B]
This would be a GREAT idea.. but to keep everyone from wanting to do it, make it avalible to CR5 people only so you dont have an idiot rush into it and either not know what to do.. or place things in stupid places just to have fun.
Old 2003-06-24, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Sleepwalker
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Jarlo
My wish--

Split special assault into 3 one point certs.

1- Decimator
1- Rocklet Rifle
1- Thumper

Would give it more flexibility and get rid of those pesky 1 point left over cert points.
there is no WAY that ANY of those are worth only one cert.

maybe if you split it into 3 2-point certs, it would be balanced. that way, you'd buy them cheapest in bulk.

And i'm all out of ass.
Old 2003-06-24, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

A floating AMS would be cool lol!! You could respawn in the sky, get ur gear, and then hit a button or sumthin adn you woulddrop down in a drop pod!! Mass drop podding into a base hahahehehoho
Old 2003-06-25, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #140
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

(I just couldn't get myself to read through all the input on this thread. I have a legit reason too. I have a headache and - yes - I'd like some sympathy. )

My input:

1) Ability to drag the wounded: I read a suggestion, on this very board, about players (or medics only) being able to drag players, from their own faction, into safety in order to be revived.

Drawbacks would be that You would be dragging at walk speed, and all weapons must remain holstered.

2) Boost engineering:

I) Currently the spitfire turrets (ST) are in a pretty sordid state. They are easily spotted - the text "Spitfire Turret" hovering above them is a dead give away, seen even behind huge tree trunks. Stop running and switch to walk or crouch-walk, and they won't fire a shot! Furthermore they, from time to time, fire in the totally wrong direction (90 degrees off).

Keep the STs as they are now (except for the 90 degrees off bug), but make them more efficient if they are coupled with motion detectors. Increase range with 20-25% and make them fire even at stationary/motionless (non infil) targets in the motion detector(s) range.

II) Make infils more visible in the light from the motion detectors. Right now they only starts 'beeping' if an enemy runs into their detector range. At least make infils stand out a little better, instead of going totally invisible again, as soon as they stop running.

III) Increase blast radius on Boomers: Currently the explosion goes straight up... and that's about it.

[Edit/add] IV) Delete the text above both Spitfire turrets and Motion detectors: You ought to be a bit more careful, than You are now, when approaching an enemy tower or base. Now, when You come upon a spit or a detector You can easily spot them anyhow, both because of the (huge) red text above them, and that Your reticule turns red. (Plus why aren't there text above the mines? Think about it.) Do away with the text tags.

I mean anything to help the combat engies out. I know from personal experience that You can spend quite some time setting up defenses (20 mines and as many spits and motion detectors as I can possibly cram in there), only to have all that negated by someone with an itty bitty ounce of patience.

Last edited by Knuckles; 2003-06-25 at 09:29 AM.
Old 2003-06-25, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

I think ALL stuff should be destroyable... It's WAR, and STUFF GETS BLOWN UP!!!

Just make everything reset at midnight or something...
Old 2003-06-25, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Adun
Sergeant

Im just going to say what im going to say, i dont expect this to be considered or even looked at, i just got to get this stuff of my chest.

Most of what i'm saying is about what the players see and stuff (visuals+camera), not big gameplay things.

I think alot needs to be done some of the effects, mainly the explosions.

The explosions look nice, but they appear and dissapear soo quickly that it doesnt look like an explosions, but maybe a 3d flash of some kind. There doesnt seem to be smoke or rumbleing/camera shake when things like rockets explode. As far as effects go, i think explosions should be streched out longer and feel more powerful to make the battlefield look more dangerouse and intense. I think the explosion effects could really be improved.

Another thing is that when a person's in a MAX, it doesn't really make the person feel their in a giant suit. They seem to see as if the armors not there and only see their gun/s. I think the player should see as if they're in the suit. For the TR and NC, they should see a bit of the inside of their glass helmet thing and some of the glass in front of them when they're in first person mode. The VS have a little slot thing to see through, so maybe if they could have a view that's a little narrower and this can be compensated by having a view thats also wider than other Max's.

The same thing kind of goes for tanks/aircraft and other viecles, i think the players should have an inside view through a screen or window or something, like in bf1942 or the first red faction. If players in tanks and other assault veicles and aircraft have a narrow front/side view, players could sneak up on them or avoid them better. Aircraft could use a cockpit view too. Maybe there could be a rule that people can't use external views unless aan interlink facility is owned on that continent or something.

And another thing, two of the TR armors, agile and stealth, look like sh*t. The stealth armor could use a mask of some kind like the other stealth armors or take off that hood thing that looks dumb. Maybe there could be nigh vision-like goggles on them or something like that to make them not look so plain. The agile armor helmet and goggles goes could use a change. Why does someone need such a bulky helmet if it doesnt have face protection or anything? As far as the helmet goes i think it could use a change.

And one last thing, can the clohing be tweaked a bit so not everyone is wearing tight spandex?

Thats mostley about it. A great thing id like to see in this game are large ships, in the water or flying or something, it doesnt matter, it would just be great to have ship to ship fights like in bf1942.

thats it, im done now
Old 2003-06-25, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Adun
Sergeant

Originally posted by Cyskoraeban
I think ALL stuff should be destroyable... It's WAR, and STUFF GETS BLOWN UP!!!

Just make everything reset at midnight or something...
Remember, this games on the internet, it took alot of work to make this game not end up looking like everquest, all crapy and stuff. (havent played it, but ive seen pictures).

Having everything being destroyed is impossible, think about it.
If they had to make it so theres no headshots in this game so it wont be laggy, imagion what destroying everything will do.
Old 2003-06-25, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

ok... ok... so not EVERYTHING should be destroyable, but certainly SOME things should be... like doors... walls... Has anyone else every been playing an OLD fps like the first doom, or anything like that, where a little wooden door is locked, and you have a BFG, which could incinerate a human being, yet you can't open it cause you don't have a key? I usually just blast the s*** out of the door , wishing that I could blow it open, then move on...

anyways... you should be able to blast the hell out of a door to get in instead of taking the small amount of time that it takes to hack it... or line up some Magriders, and blast a hole in the wall so all the MAXES can rush the courtyard...

Maybe even make the walls and such repairable by engineers...

I don't know... I'd just like to know if we use invincible metals for our doors, why we dont use that same metal for our tanks
Old 2003-06-26, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #145
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I wish Planetside was free.

:sigh:

Old 2003-06-26, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #146
Adun
Sergeant

If doors can be blown up, there'd be no point of having them. It would be better for the game to just have holes in the walls instead.

Destroying walls and stuff so far has only been done by red faction, thats because all the computers memory and stuff is taen up trying to remember whats blown up and whats not. Anyways, if we could blow up walls, it would eventually lead to having large drill tanks that drill into a base right to the terminal, i doubt alot of people would play to dig holes.

Yea, i wish the game was free too, but its never going to happen. The people who work all the time to make this game good need a paycheque and the big buisiness men behind them that run everything without even knowing what the game's like need an even bigger paycheque.

I still stick with my last post though, the explosions should last a bit longer and shake the ground, people should have more accurate views of inside their veicle or max, like they do in the buggy, and the game will only get twice as better if there are real battles in the sea or air, as in large carriers and destroyers that are spawn points, take forever to get a cert to piloy and stuff. It would be great to be fighting on the ground, look up and see two huge ships fighting.
Old 2003-06-26, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #147
Protst Patrotsm
Private

My wishlist is more empire-specific vehicles

"This country, with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2003-06-26, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
shinken
First Sergeant

i think that the walls should be destroyable but the little nano robot things repair the real fast so not much extra lag it would be a good explanation for the bases not being leveled in ten seconds

"Oh, just your standard issue big gun"
Old 2003-06-26, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Protst Patrotsm
Private

Walls being destroyed is retarded. Then nobody would use doors. Think about it, nobody would bother repairing because you can't repair as fast as a Van can punch holes through it. Walls are good

"This country, with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2003-06-30, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
starrider
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Protst=Patrotsm
My wishlist is more empire-specific vehicles

indeed

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion