News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 100 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Avert your eyes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-03, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1486
Astrok
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

They will let thousands of players in each day because they know from those thousands only a handfull of players has the pc specs needed to run this game.

So in the end of the beta they have a few continents filled with those hi tech sci fi NASA pc's.(including mine)

And the rest just walks away and gos back to play Delta Force : land warrior
Old 2012-08-03, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1487
frunction
Private

Old 2012-08-04, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1488
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Old 2012-08-04, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1489
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Considering that they have repeatedly reiterated that a lot of the balance stuff isn't nailed down and that they are waiting for large scale playtesting to see how a lot of the stuff works in practice, this is going to be interesting. Thousands of players giving feedback (at least through play statistics if nothing else).

I hope it works as well as I think it could.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1490
Lazaruz
Private

Is there fishing in this game??
Old 2012-08-04, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1491
ExplodingSilver
Contributor
Private

I am excited for beta start on Monday, even though I known I will definitely not be in at the start, I wont be in for 2-4 weeks, but so what ! Its all still very exciting
Old 2012-08-04, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1492
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Considering that they have repeatedly reiterated that a lot of the balance stuff isn't nailed down and that they are waiting for large scale playtesting to see how a lot of the stuff works in practice, this is going to be interesting. Thousands of players giving feedback (at least through play statistics if nothing else).

I hope it works as well as I think it could.
The analysts/devs are going to be swamped! Hope they got a good reporting system for that feedback...
Old 2012-08-04, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1493
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I hope a majority of their written feedback is actually helpful, and can't be summed up as, "This (list of [mechanics/weapons/vehicles]) should be like it was in Planetside 1!"

I imagine those will be largely ignored, it's not like PS1 didn't exist to the dev team after all.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1494
Srdjan
Private

Wooohooo! I can't wait...
Old 2012-08-04, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1495
Sirro
Corporal

It's a major part of why many early closed beta phases don't have 24/7 server uptime so the redundancy of feedback and reports is cut down.

What many betas do have a couple a days a week of the game being online and then use the rest of the week to sift through what they got and of course use this to prioritize what needs to be fixed in the next build.

Not every company does this but it's usually a good way of doing early versions of the game due to the overwhelming amount of bugs and balance reports they will get.
Old 2012-08-04, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1496
selmu
Private

Pro tip forget the beta, 90% of ppl probably wont get in, if it start monday(i really doubt it)

Only those lucky veterans will get in, i bet. Normal ppl, probabaly will enter in the end, one week before the release to stress the servers.

Originally Posted by Sirro View Post
It's a major part of why many early closed beta phases don't have 24/7 server uptime so the redundancy of feedback and reports is cut down.

What many betas do have a couple a days a week of the game being online and then use the rest of the week to sift through what they got and of course use this to prioritize what needs to be fixed in the next build.

Not every company does this but it's usually a good way of doing early versions of the game due to the overwhelming amount of bugs and balance reports they will get.
This part is alredy done, in the interview they say the beta, is for ppl play a lot and figure how the game works, develop the "meta" game to balance the things.

Right now theres ppl playng the tech team, with luck i saw some ppl playng, one japanese or corean from the tech team streamed for one night(needless to say he got shut down).

I think it will be a full time beta, for balance purpose.

Last edited by selmu; 2012-08-04 at 01:46 PM.
Old 2012-08-04, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1497
Sirro
Corporal

Very interesting to know, they seem to most certainly be mixing things up with what they call their builds! I am not surprised what I saw from the alpha was quite impressive.

Maybe it's a f2p thing? Smite's alpha was very well done and their beta is pretty much on par with a full game
Old 2012-08-04, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1498
RaZorP
Private

Been wanting to play Planetside since the first one came out, but I could never afford a subscription. Looking forward to PS2 a lot.
Old 2012-08-05, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1499
snaffe
Sergeant

October release date? Why else would higby go to vegas NOW to obviously sort out stuff for SOE live?

(please assign various degrees of certainty to my obvioisly statement).
Old 2012-08-05, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1500
retrix
Private

Is there an official word on whether the Monday beta includes Europe servers?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion