PSA: Listen Up Guys.. - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How many times did you have to hit refresh to see this quote?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Re: PSA: Listen Up Guys..

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Ok really. Hamma and other PSU staff MAY be (and probably are in) the tech test. Does this make you butt-hurt that a guy that spends his own money AND time for //10 fucking years// gets to tech test the game? Really? OF COURSE he's going to be in the mother fucking tech test. Are you daft? HE OPERATES the site that the DEVELOPERS give us information ON. Get the fuck off your self absorbed high horse you silly little shits. Me and hamma have had our own falling-outs too but Jesus H Christ, returning to that same old bullshit story "oh well YOU'RE in the tech test and I'm not" is just utterly retarded and completely ascinine. And then you use THAT as an excuse to bash? Stop being autistic, seriously.

As for beta being delayed and all the pissy individuals who have nothing better to do than bitch about how they're mother fucking betrayed because a VIDEO game didn't get released when a TWITTER response said it would, go suck a unwhiped asshole. Really. I'm sick of trying to talk sense into each and every one of you stupid fucks. If you don't get it by now you aren't going to, the game will be in B E T A (THE TESTING PHASE) when it's ready to fucking test. NOT ONE SINGLE MOTHER FUCKING MOMENT BEFORE.

Derp. I raged on idiots... It makes me on their level... I must climb out of this hole.
Time for those meds tiger.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
VelvetAlley
Private

But I am entitled and want bragging rights!

I'd rather play a game that works and isn't buggy than one that is.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Pyreal
First Sergeant

*claps*

Could have come sooner... *gazes about at the charred remains of the PSU Forums* A lot sooner.
But hey, at least the Taco stand is still up and running!
Old 2012-07-30, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
BlueExorcist
Private

We all know this tread is to make Hamma look likes hes epic and all but look at the Real picture he probably has multiple twitter accounts that rant and harass the devs for beta release, not to mentions he is propaganda spreading TR scum.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Hamma
PSU Admin

Uh, no.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-30, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

IMHO it would have been best not to release any info on the date.

But I could really care less. Been playing the shit outta Day Z and Natural Selection 2.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
*claps*

Could have come sooner... *gazes about at the charred remains of the PSU Forums* A lot sooner.
But hey, at least the Taco stand is still up and running!
Psh, forget the taco stand.

There's always money in the banana stand
Old 2012-07-30, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Drakkonan
Corporal

If you're all so keen on testing other people's software for free, I've got loads of work for you all to do. Hell, I might even pay you.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Smeh
Private

I was wondering when someone was gonna post the thread sucking SOE's ass with everyone following suite lol. I'm pretty sure most people were just venting cuase at the end of the day if your the Prez of a company you dont have room for "maybe" when it comes to your customers, now at the same time everyone knows the same people bitching are still gonna piss themselves the same when they get into beta. We all love the game, lets just not get too carried away on either side weather it's cry babies or ass suckers
Old 2012-07-30, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
This "tread" is to make people aware that delays in a *BETA* test are going to happen. When the CEO of SOE gets on twitter and gives you a date, he is just trying to be involved with this community and he really believed at THAT moment it would be the time he said. SHIT happens.

Though MOST of you don't realize this, John Smedley isn't the CEO of Planetside 2. He is the CEO OF SOE. He has Everquest, Bulletrun, DC universe, Pirates of the Burning Sea, the new Wizardry online and several other titles; For him to get on twitter to try to give us information about Planetside 2 is epic... NO OTHER GAME COMPANY CEO would do that. He wasn't wrong in saying that Planetside 2 beta was about to start on Monday, shit just happened. They needed more time.. We are lucky to have this level of interpersonal communication with SOE.

Now I know the majority of the PSU is not bitching, the vets here are mature enough to understand this process without me spelling it out for them, but some of the newcomers joining and making statements, like the one above, it just out of context.

Beta will be released when SOE feels the beta should be released. There may be another delay if they find a problem in the current build of the game that requires them to delay the release. This happens when trying to make a unique game.

Guys, new and old. Lay off of SOE, lay off of Hamma. They are only trying to help us.
Hail To The King, Baby!
Old 2012-07-30, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Smeh View Post
I was wondering when someone was gonna post the thread sucking SOE's ass with everyone following suite lol. I'm pretty sure most people were just venting cuase at the end of the day if your the Prez of a company you dont have room for "maybe" when it comes to your customers, now at the same time everyone knows the same people bitching are still gonna piss themselves the same when they get into beta. We all love the game, lets just not get too carried away on either side weather it's cry babies or ass suckers
Yeah, we aren't their customers and Smed doesn't owe us anything. Also, it's not 'ass sucking' to say we're lucky the SoE president bothers to give us twitter updates, It's a fucking fact.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

All you have to do is read the tweets.

Smed said NO PROMISES. Kthxbai.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Smeh
Private

Originally Posted by Rasui View Post
Yeah, we aren't their customers and Smed doesn't owe us anything. Also, it's not 'ass sucking' to say we're lucky the SoE president bothers to give us twitter updates, It's a fucking fact.
So you think this game was created for people whom won't spend money on it? In sales a potential customer is a customer, Also I never said he owed anything nor am I mad about it but it was a bad move to even throw a hint out when it wasn't certain knowing fans would take even a hint as fact...ass sucker
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-30, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Releasing an MMO is a massive undertaking, thousands of man hours, personnel from the devs all the way down to the systems and servers, networking, APIs and all sorts of fun stuff.

This shit is complicated give them a break and relax a bit.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion