Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I see purple people!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #166
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

again: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/

Only subbed players can create leagues.

its pretty standard in all F2P games that you need to pay to have a guild.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-26, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #167
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
I run An Outfit. I am willing to pay up to $200 usd to get extras for my outfits customization. My outfit has a website. Thats $60 usd a year I pay with Planetside s name on it. Thats free advertising. My outfit uses Team Speak 3. TS3 during the life of Planetside 1 has cost me as much as $60 a month.

Of all the players I have had, over the years, some who have been with me for over 10 years, I have had only 5 people donate their money for outfit expensives. Not that I ever actively asked for anyone to donate either.

I would be strongly against having a monthly fee or even a One time fee to start an outfit. Outfit leaders already do more then the average player by providing a place that people can gather together to socialize, use teamwork in games, and have a fun time.

Their websites help advertise the game and keep people interested. Besides if a game is free to play, then all aspects of the game should be free for everone. Customizing should be the only way SOE gains any money for the game.

And if that does not work, I'd be happy to go back to a monthly Sub. Unlike a lot of you, I am supporting the new PS2 game as I still pay a monthly sub for PS1. So few of us are now adays.

Thats my 2 cents.
Same for me i would pay to have my clan sign incorporated in the game or having more options to custumise our uniform and all thats sorte of stuff

But ill never be for Unfairness between PAY players and Free players

this will hurt the playersbase and down the road we all gonna pay for it having a small scales team in some empty servers ...

I do not want that at all

outfit creation is important as having acess to weapons

So i cant even beleive these kind of idea can even touch the mind of someones since many games did the same and if just make some freeplayers quit those games

Free players arent their to give money they are simoply their to give a decent players based due to the scales of the game PAY players will enjoy the game more since they will have a lots of players to play with

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
again: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/

Only subbed players can create leagues.

its pretty standard in all F2P games that you need to pay to have a guild.
And it kill those game in free to play aspect and outfit is even more important gameplay elements in shooter games

also why mark kern from red5 creator of the game FIREFALL do not charge any fee to create outfits/clan ?

Because its a core elements of a shooter game and a basic element been able to play toguether with friends

free players are even more important than anyones because an Empty game it
is BAD GAME !

No matter how fun some game can be if their is no player based it sucks

Also DCU online was a subscribtion base game and also was a BOX game thts mean you had to pay for the game and after for the montly subs ... So yeah

Ps2 is suposed to be a F2p a real one not a pay to win or pay to do stuff so it should be like Firefall

cosmetics mostly boosters and stuff like thats NO DENYING THE CORE ELEMENTS OF THE GAME To everyones who dont pay a fee or a subs sorry but this is the way it should be NO clan fee
Old 2012-06-26, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Haven't posted since I created this thread and I will say that I fully support a fee to create an outfit. It does not stymie organization. It controls ridiculous jokefits and generates revenue. The game is free, outfits are a feature well worth a small investment.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-06-26, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

Hey if i dont need 10 others to start my outfit,im all for it
Old 2012-06-26, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Haven't posted since I created this thread and I will say that I fully support a fee to create an outfit. It does not stymie organization. It controls ridiculous jokefits and generates revenue. The game is free, outfits are a feature well worth a small investment.
Who cares about jokefits? and paying to dick off doesn't stop people, look at goon squad on wow...
Old 2012-06-26, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
QuiCKaNdDeaDLy
Corporal

Simple Answer - No
Old 2012-06-26, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
WarbirdTD
Corporal

You're requesting that they start charging a fee for a feature. Where does this stop? Do we say that only people that pay should be able to make platoons, only people that pay should be able to make a squad, and only people that pay should be able to go onto Amerish? If you allow this kind of thing, idiots with MBAs will get in there and be brainless, trying to charge for everything, because when it comes down to it, the line between an "unnecessary feature" and "core gameplay element" is pretty blurry for a business.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Man can you explain where you got thats (( controling aspect )) in your mind ?

Is controling jokefits like you said will bring anything to you or the game ?

Is controling outfits will bring anything positive to the game ?

Ill say No it will simply make people feel thats this isnt a free to play this is a pay to do stuff and pay to play with friends and pay to pay to pay to ...

The player base will suffer from it and Nothing good will come out of it

So i ask the question agains Why are you trying to controle the numbers of outfit or clan in planetside 2 ? You just want Big outfit swallowing the player base ?

I really dont get your point at all it make no sens

People play to have fun with their friends if they cant creat theyr own small outfit whiout having to pay like 20 to 50 bucks seriously ? this is just ridiculous and those people will simply wuit the game to play a game that allow them to play with their friends

its not everybody who want to be part of a massive clan

its the reality

i think you should think more about others than about yourself if you want this game to suceed
Old 2012-06-26, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
SKYeXile
Major General

why cant you be a small clan with a guild?

I formed up my guild in WOT for like 5 people, joining a larger guild is simply not an option, for a game im investing significant time into, im not going to sniffle at spending the 2500 gold for that.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-26, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

No, please do not do this.
Old 2012-06-26, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
why cant you be a small clan with a guild?

I formed up my guild in WOT for like 5 people, joining a larger guild is simply not an option, for a game im investing significant time into, im not going to sniffle at spending the 2500 gold for that.
Its not about whos willing or not I already know if they do thats people will look at planetside as a PAY to do Basic stuff or pay to win !

Creating a outfit a social group whithin the game is BASIC very BASIC exactly like been able to purchase a GUNS !

Most people play free to play games to have funs with their friends and a sucessfull modern F2P goes from the principe where you PAY when you want something special of cool like cosmetics or on the (( needs level )) like week end booster for those who dont have plently of hours to play the games those are acceptable !

But forcing people to PAY just to use a basic feature wich having a clan with few friends Dont make sens to me at all

it will hurt the players base and we need those badly since every continents as been build to be played by 2000 players if we get the same numbers as planetside 1 in planetside 2 maps it will be a catastrophe !
Old 2012-06-26, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Furber
First Sergeant

A one time buy for like $5 I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to have to pay some kind of premium subscription deal that's been mentioned
Old 2012-06-26, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Stew
Major

2Minutes 57 F2p models
4min 40 clan suports

This is the kind of thing i want to see in planetside as well NO Pay to have clan stuff and also having the outfits logo etc.. is a must
Old 2012-06-26, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Paying to create a guild is hardly an issue in other games. And truth be told it doesn't really curb spam and silly names, it just provides a gate for leaders, keeping the kids out of it for the most part.

I'm for an outfit creation fee of some sort. Outfits are a big deal and greatly impact the game in ways most people don't understand. Keeping them free is a viable option, as long as you still need 10 people to form one. Which will be more difficult in PS2 from what I can tell.

Old 2012-06-26, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Paying to create a guild is hardly an issue in other games. And truth be told it doesn't really curb spam and silly names, it just provides a gate for leaders, keeping the kids out of it for the most part.

I'm for an outfit creation fee of some sort. Outfits are a big deal and greatly impact the game in ways most people don't understand. Keeping them free is a viable option, as long as you still need 10 people to form one. Which will be more difficult in PS2 from what I can tell.
If they make an outfit ticket really cheap then yeah we wiuld see oots if small outfits. I think this would scale with the price of buying an outfit. If it costs more money we would see smaller outfits and they might become too exclusive for a lot of casual players. So im all fir a price that wont break the bank and would allow for a lot of outfits.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion