Nerf the NC MAX. - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: its all about helping one another. But only on a Tuesday.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-10, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I like how the effective range is constantly falling the further this thread goes.
You cannot deny the truth. Just because you don't want to tell yourself that effective range matters. I would say roughly 90-95% of combat happens outside the effective range of an NC max (that mean ALL battles, not just Biodomes). Less than that for any other Maxs. It is like compairing a Eng with a Shotgun Vs a Eng with a Carbine. A carbine is more versitle than a shotgun and has a better effective range.

I hear people complaining about the Max's ability, maybe with the ES max ability, they will remove the sprint or you have to pick and chose.

EDIT:

Ok after watching Synical video. hacksaw do seem OP, but not the Scat/Grinder. I don't use hacksaw, and I don't think I will ever. They seem fun, but nnnaaahhh. PLUS if you noticed, how much shots it takes to kill someone? Half a clip to kill 1 person at ranges > 10M.

Last edited by BIGGByran; 2013-02-10 at 10:35 PM.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by BIGGByran View Post
You cannot deny the truth.
Truth seems pretty apparent in some videos that have been posted. Not denying anything I've seen. Simply pointed out a trend.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Wow!

It ONLY took 12 pages to get everyone to agree that the NC anti infantry MAX needs some "adjustment"!

LOL
Old 2013-02-10, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
DHoff
Corporal

Solution.....VS and TR MAXs get really really long TTK at < 20m and > 30m, but kill MAXes in 1 second at 20-30m. It's only fair right? That's where they are SUPPOSED to dominate, just like the NC MX.

At long range they take forever to kill, at short range they take forever to kill, but at mid-range they instagib things just like the NC MAX. It's only fair.

Now....since that change would be completely retarded, the simple solution is to nerf the hell out of the NC MAX in short range by severely increasing its TTK, but at the same time, also giving it slightly more range/tighter cone of fire, and/or allowing it to swap between slugs and buckshot on the fly.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
Wow!

It ONLY took 12 pages to get everyone to agree that the NC anti infantry MAX needs some "adjustment"!

LOL
Well, we are on an internet forum...

Thats pretty damn fast actually
Old 2013-02-10, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by klossboss View Post
Yeah, because by the time they realize you shot them, they're already dead...
Earlier today I had to chase a TR MAX down with my NC MAX. I mean he literally tried to rabbit away. Of course I couldn't actually kill him, because he was more than 5 m away.

Old 2013-02-10, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
klossboss
Private

Does it matter how much ammo it takes to kill someone when they die in less than 1 second all the time everytime? lol... And also, that MAX was smart when engaging at range in only use either his left or right hacksaw while running closer to the enemy and when he was within a better/optimal range he used his other while the first was reloading.

I think the problem or issue most NC have is they think/feel its not worth shooting beyond 10m because they don't get the same results as they do <10m. you still do damage. Sure its not going to be what it is <10m, but you can still kill crap beyond 10m. Just takes longer. Just like EVERY other dang gun in this game.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
klossboss
Private

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Earlier today I had to chase a TR MAX down with my NC MAX. I mean he literally tried to rabbit away. Of course I couldn't actually kill him, because he was more than 5 m away.
And thank you for proving to me and everyone else you are bad then. There are MANY videos out there showing/proving NC MAXes are able to kill beyond 10m and dang well instagib everything <10m.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
AThreatToYou
Major

I still believe we should buff the other MAX units before we nerf the NC max.

Or you can do both. Give a slight accuracy boost to slug rounds on MAX, and still more a significant accuracy boost to other MAX anti-infantry weapons.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
klossboss
Private

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I still believe we should buff the other MAX units before we nerf the NC max.

Or you can do both. Give a slight accuracy boost to slug rounds on MAX, and still more a significant accuracy boost to other MAX anti-infantry weapons.
I agree, its always better to adjust upwards than downwards. If you know what I mean? But how? I'm asking because I'm not original or good at coming up with new ideas to balance such a complex issue such as this. I just know there is a vast imbalance and debate towards that imbalance but other than what thegreekboy hinted at I'm out of ideas.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

Does it matter how much ammo it takes to kill someone when they die in less than 1 second all the time everytime? lol... And also, that MAX was smart when engaging at range in only use either his left or right hacksaw while running closer to the enemy and when he was within a better/optimal range he used his other while the first was reloading.

I think the problem or issue most NC have is they think/feel its not worth shooting beyond 10m because they don't get the same results as they do <10m. you still do damage. Sure its not going to be what it is <10m, but you can still kill crap beyond 10m. Just takes longer. Just like EVERY other dang gun in this game.
Should there be a TTK at different Ranges?
NC obviously with the Hacksaw rocks <10m but meh on other while other maxs are good at all ranges?
Can't use the stats on paper as proof that NC Max are OP, need real statistics.
If Higby can produce Max K/D with Inf with the specific weapons and see what really is going on, for all factions.
Like I said before, I think you guys are on to something with the HACKSAW, not with the scat/grinder yet as it fire time is the same as TR's max fire time, if I mash the sh!t out of my mouse.

@klossboss
Maybe increasing Rate of Fire for TR, so its TTK is quicker but also steady at all ranges? and VS Max just need some love.
NC Max TTK increases are the range is closer, while TR can have the same TTK at close to mid range while slowing down as range gets to great.

Last edited by BIGGByran; 2013-02-10 at 11:46 PM.
Old 2013-02-11, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Lord Mondando
Private

The issue with the magrider (barely nerfed really... people seem to be mistaking bugs with its strafe as intentional despite expressed statements to the contary from developers) is that it Is the most versitile weapon in game. Its not particuarly amazing in any one instance, but it is highly adaptable.

Where as the Nc Max avec shotguns, is hugely situational. Outside of enclosed space (were a robot man with shot gun arms, should presumably excel) it is utterly useless.

And why should it being unfair in these instances argue for a nerf. The fundamental premise here is NC has a niche fraction edge, it should not have this.

Why shouldn't it?

Last edited by Lord Mondando; 2013-02-11 at 03:42 AM.
Old 2013-02-11, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

And thank you for proving to me and everyone else you are bad then. There are MANY videos out there showing/proving NC MAXes are able to kill beyond 10m and dang well instagib everything <10m.
Maybe in a preset testing environment, but in the real situation things aren't quite as predictable. He was running away from me, and I had to keep slowing down to shoot at him. Which means he was getting further and further away. Not to mention the obstacle course he was ducking around to make it that much harder.

So if my not being able to keep the myth surrounding the NC MAX and it's ability to kill from across the map alive means I'm bad, I'd hate to think what that means for mere mortals.

Old 2013-02-11, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
psijaka
Contributor
Major

This is all that needs to be done.

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
What needs to be done is introduce TR and VS variants of the Scattercannon, retaining their empire specific characteristics.

TR faster rate of fire, lower damage per pellet, bigger mag. Similar DPS to Scattercannon.

VS slightly lower damage, same rate of fire, slightly lower DPS but somewhat tighter pellet spread. Bigger mag and faster reload.

And the NC get something similar to the TR HMG with higher damage, lower fire rate, smaller mag.
As NC, I would love to be able to equip a MAX with dual machine guns and be more versatile.
Old 2013-02-11, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Give TR and VS a 20% damage boost and add 1/3 RoF in every weapon. I think it'll probably be too much, but that should fix em compared to the NC MAX.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion