News: Video of GDC Media Event - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you wish to pre-order Planetside: Core Combat?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-06, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
duomaxwl
Captain

Re: Video of GDC Media Event

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
The air physics are awesome. I was getting motion sick just watching you fly around. The tank and infantry combat was great as well.
All of it's pretty great. The flying Mag reminded me of some old Planetside 1 beta footage or something very early with a floating Harasser. So pumped.

Edit: Also, the tech plant at the beginning is called Hvar. I like familiar names.

Last edited by duomaxwl; 2012-03-06 at 10:03 PM.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Timealude
Captain

after seeing this, i am blown away... what amazed me the most is how smooth the aircraft took off instead of how it was in the original where it had the clunky take off. Higby and the planetside 2 team, you guys rock seriously. I could not begin to imagine how the final game is going to look when this is just an alpha phase. Also on a side note after seeing the game play, im even more against quick knifing because I could see several opportunities that it could have been abused. Other then that the game looks f***ing amazing.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Mordicant
Sergeant

I'm excited. *touches nose
Old 2012-03-06, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
MpS
Private

I am truly left speechless at what a fantastic job you guys have done on this, for being in alpha it is really looking amazing! I am currently in the process of sharing with this as many people as I can trying to get more and more interest in what I can easily see being GOTY. Running on one hell of an adrenaline rush after watching that, keep up the good work guys! Take your time and get it done right, from what I have seen things are truly, truly amazing!
Old 2012-03-06, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Atuday
Master Sergeant

I WANT IT NOW DAM IT I NEED PLANETSIDE2 I NEED IT NOW!!!!
Old 2012-03-06, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Ajax
Contributor
Private

Absolutely amazing stuff....

I wonder what the specs were on the machines they were using to show off their awesome work...
Old 2012-03-06, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Things I don't like:
1. Night is a bluer day. It's so bright that I can't see why anyone would ever use a flashlight. It would just draw fire.
2. No specific vehicle entry points or startup timer. Jumping out of a plane with no real penalty.
3. Using the worst possible killcam.

Things I like:
1. The rest of it. Seriously pretty much everything looks awesome. Hell night is probably the thing that dissapointed me the most and that looks freaking fantastic, I just wish it was a little darker.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

WOW! Awesome awesome awesome! I would have given my left nut to be in that play test.

My fiancee was sitting next to me watching and even she, who never plays video games was like, "oh man that is cool!"
Old 2012-03-06, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
NEWSKIS
Corporal

I noticed one thing in the first video, when Higby's aircraft took damage after a little while the vehicle health seemed to regenerate. Was wondering if that was just his dev powers or a part of the game. I don't really like it in BF3 since it encourages running away constantly like a wuss. Not sure how others feel about this.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Need more VS want now!
Old 2012-03-06, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
DaSwede
Contributor
Corporal

Looks awesome!!!

However, I really don't like the kill cam at all, sorry.
Also, I don't quite get the PS feel from the deployed Galaxy spawn point.

I still would like to see cloaked AMS as it added a more stealth tactic to the game. Also where is the group assault value gone if every battle is in line across the map? No more behind enemy squad tactics?

The fights look great but the game needs more depth and options to the battle flow.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
MpS
Private

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Things I don't like:
1. Night is a bluer day. It's so bright that I can't see why anyone would ever use a flashlight. It would just draw fire.
2. No specific vehicle entry points or startup timer. Jumping out of a plane with no real penalty.
3. Using the worst possible killcam.

Things I like:
1. The rest of it. Seriously pretty much everything looks awesome. Hell night is probably the thing that dissapointed me the most and that looks freaking fantastic, I just wish it was a little darker.
Yea, the night definitely wasn't dark enough in my opinion. It was too blue and they need to make it so it gets a lot harder to see people and vehicles, I did like the way the gunfire and explosions lit up what darkness there was though.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-06, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

This thread makes me happy Thanks for all the kind words guys, we are all working our asses off to make sure this game is the best.

Thanks again.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Reslly glad you guys sre liking what you see, it means a lot to us.
Higgles, just curious if you plan on implementing "more loose" cameras (seemed rigid in killcams and third person vehicles) and/or freelook.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ

Last edited by Whalenator; 2012-03-06 at 10:29 PM.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
OnlinePirate
Private

Anyone else not like the killcam?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion