Strikers are OP against air. - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bite into our Slim Jim
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-14, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Strikers are OP against air.

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
The striker....It really is a waste of certs,I think I have over 1300 rounds fired and 16 kills lol, its trash.

Funny thing is most of you have forgot that 75% of the games population owns the Annihilator .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzzdjbRO2Ok

Lock on nest will always be a problem for air.I suggest you all cert into stealth and flares ...Ill be awaiting the "nerf the annihilator " threads to come in the next few weeks.

Twice as many TR Strikers are carried and score kills than the entire three faction Annihilator set combined. For each of those individual users, the Striker scores just shy of twice as many kills. You, basically, are doing it wrong.

Source: OoD:GU14

Let's try to stick to reality, mate. You'll have a much better time of things.
Old 2013-09-14, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

As of the latest patch they really have "fixed" the Striker. It is much harder to maintain a lock, rarely do 5 rounds land on an air target and the shortened range means ESFs with AB can out run them. I've always found the striker rubbish for when armor is up close, it generally gets me killed

Still a great newb weapon. Expect to see a decline in it being in all TR heavies load outs though.

Personally I've switched back to the G2A RL. It has much faster velocity, flatter trajectory, dumbfired indoors/MAXs/Vehicles and feels like it locks much faster to air.
Old 2013-09-14, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm recording - can't wait to see how it shakes out.
Old 2013-09-14, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Reithan
Corporal

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Twice as many TR Strikers are carried and score kills than the entire three faction Annihilator set combined. For each of those individual users, the Striker scores just shy of twice as many kills. You, basically, are doing it wrong.

Sort of off topic - how do you read these damn things?

Kills - easy
KU(kills per unique) - is this per life? per player? per unique what?

Q1-4KPU...what?? What is this?
Old 2013-09-14, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Reithan View Post
Sort of off topic - how do you read these damn things?

Kills - easy
KU(kills per unique) - is this per life? per player? per unique what?

Q1-4KPU...what?? What is this?
Kills per Unique/User is the amount of kills divided by the amount of people using it. This is per logging session of the Oracle.

The quartiles are battle rank break downs, helps indicate things like if the weapon is more effective in an experienced users hands. Q1 = 1-25BR, Q2 = 26-50 etc.
Old 2013-09-14, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Reithan
Corporal

Cool, ty.
Old 2013-09-15, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Wait a week or 2 my friend, fire and forget will be back ,and very strong. If you had the ability to view the data before the striker was released you would understand.

Why would anyone bother with the striker now when the Annihilator is fire and forget?

Low skill cap, high xp yielding weapons will always be popular.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-15 at 12:47 AM.
Old 2013-09-15, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Sunrock
Major

Well as TR using an Annihilator over a Striker is stupid. Even though maybe once in a blue moon the Annihilator would do a better job as it has higher nuke damage it's not worth equipping just for that as the total damage from 1 reload is larger for the striker. If I remember right it's 1700 VS 2500 (500 per missile) per reload however it was 3+ months ago I looked at the stats so I might remember wrong.

However I have no clue how you get that many kills with any lock on weapon. Are miller the only server where people fully cert into flairs? No it's not. I personally find it easier to use skyguard, walker or burster to take down air with then with a striker as 8/10 they pop flairs before I even can damage them and then they stay out of sight/range until there flairs are up again.

Besides when using strikers you are so vulnerable to sniper fire or any ground attacks for that matter its not funny as you can hardly move around at all when you're aiming/locking on. And the lock on timer for Strikers are quite long.

But if they rework the lock on system to where you need to keep aiming until the missiles hit the target It would be easier to use terrain at least.
Old 2013-09-15, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
As of the latest patch they really have "fixed" the Striker. It is much harder to maintain a lock, rarely do 5 rounds land on an air target and the shortened range means ESFs with AB can out run them. I've always found the striker rubbish for when armor is up close, it generally gets me killed

Still a great newb weapon. Expect to see a decline in it being in all TR heavies load outs though.

Personally I've switched back to the G2A RL. It has much faster velocity, flatter trajectory, dumbfired indoors/MAXs/Vehicles and feels like it locks much faster to air.
None of the other lock-ons behave this way as per the planned lock-on redesign. This is most likely a bug resultant from their tweaks to the Striker to make it obey environment collision and flairs. Expect a return to Striker hordes once they fix it.

Wait a week or 2 my friend, fire and forget will be back ,and very strong. If you had the ability to view the data before the striker was released you would understand.

Why would anyone bother with the striker now when the Annihilator is fire and forget?

You speak as if you're privy to some secret that the rest of us are not.
Old 2013-09-15, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
Aarth
Private

The Striker is far Stronger then you understand. It has a faster lock on time which has a bigger effect then you may think. Lock-on time for Striker is 2.25 sec. Lock-on for Annihiliator is 3.0 sec. The Striker will have 2 rounds in the air before the Annihilator can even fire.

A comparison to the Annihilator as a baseline.

Striker
Lock-on Time: 2.25 sec
Time to fire 5 rounds: 3.25 sec (500 dmg per round)
Reload: 5.0 sec
Total Damage: 2500 dmg
Total Time: 10.5 sec
DPS (238.1 dmg/s)

Annihilator
Lock-on Time: 3 sec
Reload: 4.7 sec
Total Damage: 1200 dmg
Total Time: 7.7 sec
DPS (155.8 dmg/s)

The Striker does 52.8% more dps then the Annihilator. The shorter lock-on time for the Striker is a definite advantage as well. This combined with a much larger first volley hit means the Striker is even more effective. Up to date game data shows the Striker (5.03 KPU) has over a 66.6% Kills Per Unique player advantage over the Annihilator (3.02 KPU).

Rocket Launcher Data From GU14 Courtesy of Maradine's Oracle of Death
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RLUpXR3c#gid=0

The fact of the matter is the Striker has the highest dps of all lock-ons, and by a fair margin as well. It is an utter upgrade over the Annihiliator and it would take a very large nerf to even put it on par with the Annihiliator. That said the whole concept of SOE presenting weapons as unique side grades has been broken in the Striker. It just tends to be the superior lock-on launcher choice in all cases.
Old 2013-09-15, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Sidegrades were out the door in, like, week 2 of Tech.
Old 2013-09-15, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Aarth View Post
The Striker is far Stronger then you understand. It has a faster lock on time which has a bigger effect then you may think. Lock-on time for Striker is 2.25 sec. Lock-on for Annihiliator is 3.0 sec. The Striker will have 2 rounds in the air before the Annihilator can even fire.

A comparison to the Annihilator as a baseline.

Striker
Lock-on Time: 2.25 sec
Time to fire 5 rounds: 3.25 sec (500 dmg per round)
Reload: 5.0 sec
Total Damage: 2500 dmg
Total Time: 10.5 sec
DPS (238.1 dmg/s)

Annihilator
Lock-on Time: 3 sec
Reload: 4.7 sec
Total Damage: 1200 dmg
Total Time: 7.7 sec
DPS (155.8 dmg/s)

The Striker does 52.8% more dps then the Annihilator. The shorter lock-on time for the Striker is a definite advantage as well. This combined with a much larger first volley hit means the Striker is even more effective. Up to date game data shows the Striker (5.03 KPU) has over a 66.6% Kills Per Unique player advantage over the Annihilator (3.02 KPU).

Rocket Launcher Data From GU14 Courtesy of Maradine's Oracle of Death
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RLUpXR3c#gid=0

The fact of the matter is the Striker has the highest dps of all lock-ons, and by a fair margin as well. It is an utter upgrade over the Annihiliator and it would take a very large nerf to even put it on par with the Annihiliator. That said the whole concept of SOE presenting weapons as unique side grades has been broken in the Striker. It just tends to be the superior lock-on launcher choice in all cases.
That data is now invalid since the nerfs.

It now feels longer than 2.5 seconds lock-on and the lock-on is broken much more easily than before.

I was at a fairly large battle yesterday as TR defending Vanu Archives. There were lots of Scythes about and I couldn't get a lock on for more than around 2 shots. Sooooo, I switched out HA with striker for Burster Max and it seemed quite a few others did too.

Anyways, it's far too early to shout about this, let's see what data Maradine comes up with.
Old 2013-09-15, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Anybody have the timestamp on when the fix went in? I bet Roy does.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion