News: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please check your life at the door.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-15, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
wait a minute...

there is a playtest in that magazine and it is already printed?
so the beta server is already up and running?
or did the pc-gamer guys played the game directly at soe?
Nobody's read the article yet. Best guess is, played it at SOE.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Gortha
First Sergeant

Wow, i am that fu**ing happy i cryed very lound in my PC room when i read the Facebook-Update and clicked into the PC Gamer Issue Front Page Picture.

OMFG our big fat Slaughtering can begin soon

PS:
Lets hope that current subcribers outside the US also get a key

From FB:

"PlanetSide 2 Hello all! As previously stated, original PlanetSide 1 players and Fan Faire 2011 registered attendees will receive priority access to PlanetSide 2 beta as well. [Danicia]

PlanetSide 2 If you played/play PS1, you will have priority access. I'm working on getting more of your questions answered. Hang tight! [Danicia]"

http://z0r.de/1573

Last edited by Gortha; 2012-02-15 at 04:14 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Espion View Post
Someone that buys a magazine should not be getting in before or even at the same time as people that are still subscribed to PS1. Period.
Meh, the more the merrier
Old 2012-02-15, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Espion
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
We already covered this. Welcome to six pages ago.
It's not covered, at all. Regardless of whether both subscribers and PCGamer keys get in at the same time, some people have been subscribed to PS1 for years without a break in subbed time, and now those people are thrown into the same bucket as any random idiot that buys an issue of PCGamer.

At a very minimum there needs to be assurances of different feedback paths for new players (PCGamer keys), veteran players (PS1 subscribers), and possibly a competitive group for addressing finer points. I'm all for more players, and a PS beta will need to be big. But everyone's feedback is not equal, and those with a higher potential for more detailed/knowledgeable feedback should be put ahead of others.

Good effort trying to satisfy that ego though.

Last edited by Espion; 2012-02-15 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

It's not covered, at all.
Look dude, if you can't be bothered to go back and read the thread that's on you, not the rest of us that figured this shit out already.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Look dude, if you can't be bothered to go back and read the thread that's on you, not the rest of us that figured this shit out already.
Firefly's moments of clarity and clarification make me happy.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
Toonlad
Private

This is great news indeed, lets hope we can generate more press cover , for what this game really deserves. Its still a game unknown to lots of people out there, and a lot of people have never sampled the delights of the vertical learning curve of the game lol.

Good luck to those who gain access, hopefully its the good eggs that gain access and test it properly.

Regards
Toon
Old 2012-02-15, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Espion
Staff Sergeant

You're really good at pointing out what I already know, congrats. But now work on understanding what I'm saying. Your turn to go back and read over my post a couple times.

I know you were probably just some bluebie running around with thumper jammer packs in your max loadout (just in case!), but you should at least be able to see the merit in proper feedback channels and catering to those who actually have experience in the only other remotely similar game.

Last edited by Espion; 2012-02-15 at 04:25 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
demonicale
Sergeant

US ONLY!, shafted again ... pfff
Old 2012-02-15, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
Gortha
First Sergeant

I cried like this:

I´m HappY! http://z0r.de/2840

http://z0r.de/2053

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-02-15, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
Rokazulu
Private

Do you remember the email you used for registration?
Oh if they send it to you in email before Feb. 28th that would save me some money.

If you don't learn how to deprogram your own mind, the world will program it for you.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by kwackerUK View Post
That screen shot was taken in the March edition of PC Gamer so next month must be April right? The March edition has the Tribes beta key in it not the April edition.
That article was posted today. That is the next issue. I don't know why the UK version is March and US is April.

Talking about that... Why does PC gamer US put out an April issue, when it comes out at the end of febuary? I see many magazines do this but I never saw the point in it.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
etheral
Corporal

Originally Posted by demonicale View Post
US ONLY!, shafted again ... pfff
We dont know if the beta itself is US only.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
Zhane
Staff Sergeant

It's not covered, at all. Regardless of whether both subscribers and PCGamer keys get in at the same time, some people have been subscribed to PS1 for years without a break in subbed time, and now those people are thrown into the same bucket as any random idiot that buys an issue of PCGamer.

At a very minimum there needs to be assurances of different feedback paths for new players (PCGamer keys), veteran players (PS1 subscribers), and possibly a competitive group for addressing finer points. I'm all for more players, and a PS beta will need to be big. But everyone's feedback is not equal, and those with a higher potential for more detailed/knowledgeable feedback should be put ahead of others.

Good effort trying to satisfy that ego though.
You've got balls to talk about ego. You think that a PS1 player's opinion should be given more weight than the unwashed masses? That's the thought process I see here. A different feedback path? My God. You really think a lot of yourself. Self important dicks give forum communities a bad rap.

Everyone's feedback is equal. Because you played a decade old game has no bearing on your ability to properly test a new one. Your opinion matters exactly as much as everyone else who may spend money on PS2. They're doing you a favor and stroking your little ego by ensuring you get in along with everyone else. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake and you are no more qualified to test and give feedback than anyone else.

And that's coming from a PS1 vet, for the record.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Hydra
Sergeant

I agree 100%
However I don't really care about being in-game with a new idiot player as long as SOE keep their word about giving Veterans special treatment (20% stronger, hopefully redesigned PS1 outfits) And SOE keeping their word is exactly why I'm worried, although I am impress with the amount of communication The PS team has with the fans I certainly hope that it isn't a facade.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion