Tech test invites? - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No we don't hunt terrorists, that's CTU.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-19, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
ArcGuard
Corporal

Re: Tech test invites?

Originally Posted by SystematicKillr View Post
There are people in the tech test that don't even have Beta keys registered yet and Beta is where we take the priority into account so. Now there would be people in Beta before the high priority people who were said to be in Beta first
...except that they said it wasn't going to be exclusively High Priority people getting in...

It might be a 75% High priority/25% non ratio. That still leaves room.
Old 2012-07-19, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Mirror
First Sergeant

There are people in the tech test that don't even have Beta keys registered yet and Beta is where we take the priority into account so. Now there would be people in Beta that have low priority before the high priority people who were said to be in Beta first.
That has been confusing me as well.

I can't see the people who have already been invited getting a "thanks we'll be in touch soon" message after the tech test ends.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-07-19, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pavilo Olson View Post
How common are Athlon II x4 computers these days?
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
Old 2012-07-19, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
SystematicKillr
Private

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
...except that they said it wasn't going to be exclusively High Priority people getting in...

It might be a 75% High priority/25% non ratio. That still leaves room.
for the first two or 3 waves I can see it being completely vets/high priority keys and the tech test people would probably be considered part of the first wave and like said there are people in the tech test that don't even have beta keys yet and have had access since tech test.

Last edited by SystematicKillr; 2012-07-19 at 03:57 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

I would be surprised if they don't let the tech test ppl that werent priority beta ppl stay. I say this because they already know how the game play and have already started testing the game, it would be foolish for SOE to not keep them, even if priority ppl have yet too get in. As someone with a key, yes I would like to get in right now, but believing that they would boot those ppl already testing there game is just crazy.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

There's no actual reason to kick players out between Tech Test and Beta. Leaving in 20-30 players, or even 100 players won't be that much different as far as how many people get access when beta starts.

Being upset that they got in without being a vet or whatever seems silly to me, particularly since their presence will probably make it easier to test (or just have fun) in the first place.

As far as this:
The people in the tech test MAY know how to play the game but to me that is only a hinder in gameplay when I'm just learning to play the game.
Seems selfish to me, since you're arguing in favor of staggered entry to beta, and that means that the exact same thing will happen regardless, the only way I can understand arguing this is that it is a personal detriment to you (in theory) which doesn't even matter because it's beta.

Now, if leaving them in would actually affect the decision of how many players get access, yes, I can understand where that would be an issue, but I doubt that's really the case, particularly since I'm sure they went through priority people and their systems before non-priority systems for the sake of the tech test.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

No offense meant Duke, but it looks like you believe that having a beta key or vet status is like having a sacred status.

It is just unrealistic for SOE to kick out ppl that have done the tech test just because they did not get a priority key. SOE will still want to test how the game works on the rigs after the tech test is done, its just that the major problems will have been dealt with, but not all of them.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
SystematicKillr
Private

Originally Posted by Flaropri View Post
Now, if leaving them in would actually affect the decision of how many players get access, yes, I can understand where that would be an issue, but I doubt that's really the case, particularly since I'm sure they went through priority people and their systems before non-priority systems for the sake of the tech test.
Well see thats what we are afraid of, that it will affect how many players that are brought in and no they said priority is not considered for tech test you get in for specs. So there are people in tech test that don't have priority to first wave beta access
Old 2012-07-19, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

Well see thats what we are afraid of, that it will affect how many players that are brought in and no they said priority is not considered for tech test you get in for specs. So there are people in tech test that don't have priority to first wave beta access
SOE will need thousands of ppl during the beta test, so the ppl in the tech test right now will only be a minority of the beta population.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

The people who are in now will be more vet than anyone else! So maybe that's what they meant by vets get priority access!!!!!

Hah jk, yeah I would like some clarification too.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I am surprised that when they have a certain hardware profile that they want to invite into the tech test, that they don't first check for a PS1 vet or PC gamer keyholder that matches that profile.

I'm pretty sure there's more than enough vets/priority keyholders to cover all of the bases they want to test.

Letting people in who just signed up yesterday when many of us have been waiting years is disturbing. Particularly when I'm pretty sure there's a vet out there waiting who has the same specs as the guy who just signed up.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Pesht
Private

Originally Posted by Flaropri View Post
There's no actual reason to kick players out between Tech Test and Beta. Leaving in 20-30 players, or even 100 players won't be that much different as far as how many people get access when beta starts.
Someone on twitter said 200 players were getting into tech test, and one of the devs responded with something along the lines of "It's considerably more people than that."

My guess is we're talking more around 1k-2k people in tech test, which basically means 1k-2k less vets/priority beta slots that will be getting into beta for the first wave or first few waves (minus those people in the tech test who were vets/priority key holders).

Last edited by Pesht; 2012-07-19 at 04:43 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ok really guys? 1000 Tech Test people mean 1000 less vets? Because none of those in the tech test were ever PS1 vets.

I find it extremely unlikely they will boot out all the tech testers after that phase is over. It doesn't mean SOE does not care about vets what it does mean is they are focusing their efforts on what is important, making sure the game runs on a variety of configurations and they can reliably push out the client to thousands of users outside SOE.

Stop with the Veteran crap already.. :|

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-19, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Sephirex
Major

I was actually excited so many people are getting invited this early on. It means less competitors in the pool come Beta invite time.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Ok really guys? 1000 Tech Test people mean 1000 less vets? Because none of those in the tech test were ever PS1 vets.

I find it extremely unlikely they will boot out all the tech testers after that phase is over. It doesn't mean SOE does not care about vets what it does mean is they are focusing their efforts on what is important, making sure the game runs on a variety of configurations and they can reliably push out the client to thousands of users outside SOE.

Stop with the Veteran crap already.. :|
If i got to play the as much as you.I would say the same thing.
No disrespect. You and your site have done a lot for both PS1 and PS2 .Thanks for all the work you and your team does
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion