ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't touch this.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
sunzen
Private

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Everybody is equal but some are more equal.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by etheral View Post
That isnt what radar said. Radar said that you have to migrate your account to pro7 if you want to keep using it. I dont know about you, but there is a credit card linked to my account. All radar said in that post was that they wont do it without your consent.
If you log into your SOE account and click on Payment Sources there's an option there to delete your credit card information. I'm assuming this will actually delete it from their database as well.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Nephilimuk View Post
the Europeans are revolting....

I'm not revolting I'm just sick in the head

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-07-16, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Mirror
First Sergeant

The wait and see approach isn't really suitable in this instance. As was evidenced by the initial region-locking response, SOE does listen to the community but only when it speaks. If we sit on our hands we're liable to find that by the time the migration info is released we're past the point of no return. Dart and I have just been discussing this and while we really do appreciate Radar taking the time to respond to this thread - and quickly at that - we do still have some questions regarding this issue;

Question 1: If we have Pro7 accounts linked with our SOE accounts then I take it we have to authenticate our logins via a server in Germany even if we are playing on the US servers? I remember that this was an issue with Werner back in the day where the client had to go across the Atlantic in order to authenticate and make sure that the player was still logged in, this caused unnecessary lag and connection problems.

Question 2: Can we still contact SOE support or will be told to contact Pro7 as SOE cannot help us?

Question 3: We will no longer be able to buy station cash and will have to buy Pro7 deutsche marks or whatever they have. If I were to buy some Pro7 currency can I spend it on a weapon/attachment/camo etc on the US server?

Question 4: Sort of following on from the last question. If I buy something then can I use it on both sets of servers or do I have to buy it twice?

Question 5: In the event that the partnership between SOE and Pro7 comes to an end what guarantee do we have that our accounts will be transferred back over? In Planetside 2 my account will contain all my stats, unlocked weapons (some that I may have paid for) and of course my characters that I will have spent a long time building up. I would like a guarantee that if the relationship does go south then all my hard work will not be for nothing.

I understand that you may not have the answers to these questions but I think SOE needs to get some sort of FAQ for European players up on the Planetside 2 website ASAP because this is only going to get worse as time goes on.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-07-16, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Nasher
Sergeant

Another one is:

Will there be a price difference between EU and US?
Old 2012-07-16, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
ruskyandrei
Private

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Another one is:

Will there be a price difference between EU and US?
Of course not. That 5$ gun will cost exactly 5€ in the EU
Old 2012-07-16, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
sunzen
Private

In Planetside 2 my account will contain all my stats, unlocked weapons (some that I may have paid for) and of course my characters that I will have spent a long time building up.
Why paid for weapons ?!
Old 2012-07-16, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by ruskyandrei View Post
European money is all fake anyway
Old 2012-07-16, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Nasher
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ruskyandrei View Post
Which will somehow become exactly £5 in the UK most likely :/

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-07-16 at 01:49 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Mirror
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by sunzen View Post
Why paid for weapons ?!
may

My $15 per month sub that goes to Planetside 1 has to go somewhere

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-07-16, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
ringring
Contributor
General

As far as I can see, exactly the same questions as several months ago.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Okay folks, lets end this.

I will be at GamesCom, and Pro7 Folks will be there as well. What about we just collect a whole bunch of questions for them, so we can figure some stuff out, rather than moaning and ranting.
Deal? Sound off if you like the idea, i would start a new thread for questions then.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm sensing a lot of minds really won't be changed regardless of our responses. I'm going to allow our official communications speak for themselves going forward and ask you at least try the service.

Your SOE account information will only be linked to ProSieben if you choose it to be. If you are outside North America you are absolutely not under any obligation to sign up for ProSieben but you will not be able to play the game.

I'm hopeful you all will join us.
I do not think you fully understand the complaint. I think what some people find disturbing, is that they are being FORCED to use a third party that they DO NOT TRUST to enjoy a game they've been waiting for.

Its kind of insulting. If it were up to me, I'd say FUCK YOU and not play if I were being forced to use a billing company I have reasons to distrust.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Zation
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post

I will be at GamesCom, and Pro7 Folks will be there as well. What about we just collect a whole bunch of questions for them, so we can figure some stuff out, rather than moaning and ranting.
Deal? Sound off if you like the idea, i would start a new thread for questions then.
would be cool
Old 2012-07-16, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by basti View Post

That's a pretty rational idea there Basti. I like your style.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion