News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Fantasies become a reality. *looks at Britney Spears*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-25, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
foam
Private

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Lol @ angry fanboys, dissing a CGI production just because it didn't portray their favourite faction as heroes or as not-sucking.

There's only so much you can show in a 3 minute video & I guess you can't please everybody.

They may have chose what they did for pure marketing reasons and if they did I don't blame em, considering PS2 is going to be F2P they need all the revenue they can get for PS2 to succeed.

Sometimes people who don't know how it works just don't know how much effort really goes into CGI productions so I applaud the artists for this good work.

The video, although showing nothing of what the game will be like, works effectively to set the tone & mood of Plantside not as this teletubby type rainbow dash style game but a serious game of conflict and war.

Last edited by foam; 2012-07-25 at 10:33 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by waldizzo View Post
While it looked pretty and I appreciate the effort, I am disappointed in the lack of all three factions being well represented. TR look like bitches while the NC looks bad ass and the VS get the last laugh. I'd feel the same way if any of the factions were portrayed as the TR were in this official video.

Yes, I'm butt hurt.
So it played out like Planetside Day?
(not on Old Oshur, on the main continent. I was there while everybody else was busy on OO. I saw what happened while everybody was gone and the VS came back all pissed off)
Old 2012-07-25, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
Khrakhan
Corporal

Holy fucking shit!!!

That is the epitome of all video game trailers, ever....absolutely exhilirating and even though it was NC propaganda, lol, that is the most epic video I have ever watched on any subject for any movie or video game or life it's fucking self!

I would pay 60 dollars just to watch a movie of that caliber...unbelievable. Down right incredible job by the makers of that trailer....epicness at it's very core.

Yeah, I just about nutted watching it
Old 2012-07-25, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by foam View Post
Lol @ angry fanboys, dissing a CGI production just because it didn't portray their favourite faction as heroes or as not-sucking.

There's only so much you can show in a 3 minute video & I guess you can't please everybody.

They may have chose what they did for pure marketing reasons and if they did I don't blame em, considering PS2 is going to be F2P they need all the revenue they can get for PS2 to succeed.

Sometimes people who don't know how it works just don't know how much effort really goes into CGI productions so I applaud the artists for this good work.

The video, although showing nothing of what the game will be like works effectively to set the tone & mood of Plantside not as this teletubby type rainbow dash style game but a serious game of conflict and war.
1. Your NC avatar kinda ruins the entire feel of your post.
2. Who advertises teletubby type rainbow dash style games? CoD? Battlefield? ArmA? There are a shitload of games out there that are "a serious game of conflict and war", this trailer shows very little special for the new guys.

It is a good video and all, but yeah.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I liked the part where the NC tears apart EVERYTHING, but this trailer is soooooo overexadurated. You can't do most of the stuff they showed in the trailer, it looks more like a commercial for Halo. But the effort is appreciated. And not to mention that they didn't do any justice for the TR. I'm NC, but I felt really bad for the TR, they got hardly any footage, and when they were in the footage, they were getting murdered. People who are not familiar with the game are going to be really confused. Not a very informative trailer, but again, it was still hell of a ride.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-07-25 at 10:33 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #201
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rybka View Post
I thought the way the Vanu was presented was awesome. NC portrayal seemed a bit to Rambo-esque for my liking, but that's just me. It also seemed weird that the TR were basically cannon-fodder the entire trailer. Apparently, light assault will be OP in the game ^^
It's cause we were foot zerging too much again. CR5s kept calling out "Pull tanks! MOAR ARMOR!" but nobody listened.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #202
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Jeepo View Post
31-4-0?

So do that by kills then work out who is superior?

NC Kills:31
TR Kills:4
VS Kills:1

NC Wins!
Vanu killed the guy who got all the kills, so vanu = 32
Old 2012-07-25, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
It's cause we were foot zerging too much again. CR5s kept calling out "Pull tanks! MOAR ARMOR!" but nobody listened.
or maybe they did but the vs cloakers just blew the tanks up
Old 2012-07-25, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #204
Burnzblood
Corporal

So lots of blood spatter screens, blood caked Galaxies (ouch TR inside that gal), and blood blood everywhere...

but the question must be asked...

Blood in the game??? I recall Higby saying there won't be blood/gore at all. But this trailer clearly focuses on the blood/gore of war....why can't we have that in OUR game???

Would love a SOE response eventually on that aspect??
Old 2012-07-25, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
SirWhiteshadow
Private

I like whoever said they didn't show many TR because they were too busy capturing all the other bases. Well said.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Psi
Private

Originally Posted by foam View Post
Lol @ angry fanboys

Old 2012-07-25, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
MorioMortis
Corporal

Great trailer to get the gaming hordes interested, not so great for accurate representation of gameplay (I mean, seriously, 3 cloakers for a single guy, and none of the others try to steal the kill? Impossible).

That paper Galaxy... also, I watched it again, and he kills all the guys inside without even trying and without even moving his gun, while running. This guy definitely has an aimbot . This might also explain how he has virtually unlimited jetpack fuel and can shoot right through the Gal.

TIL that the NC are a bunch of hackers, the VS are a bunch of opportunistic cowards and the TR are graduates from the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy of Marksmanship as well as fans of cardboard armor plates for both infantry and aircraft use.

Last edited by MorioMortis; 2012-07-25 at 10:38 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

It looks like the NC has its own Master Chief, now
Old 2012-07-25, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MorioMortis View Post
Great trailer to get the gaming hordes
TIL that the NC are a bunch of hackers, the VS are a bunch of opportunistic cowards and the TR are graduates from the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy of Marksmanship as well as fans of cardboard armor plates for both infantry and aircraft use.
I was always partial to the Stormtroopers myself.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Burnzblood View Post
So lots of blood spatter screens, blood caked Galaxies (ouch TR inside that gal), and blood blood everywhere...

but the question must be asked...

Blood in the game??? I recall Higby saying there won't be blood/gore at all. But this trailer clearly focuses on the blood/gore of war....why can't we have that in OUR game???

Would love a SOE response eventually on that aspect??
There won't be any blood in the game it effects the ratings.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion