News: Video of GDC Media Event - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where scripts do our chatting for us in IRC.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-06, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Video of GDC Media Event

I was jerking off part 1 through part 3
Old 2012-03-06, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

got the entire video in 1 3GB 33 minute video at 1080P

know any good hosting sights I could upload it to so others can download it?
Old 2012-03-06, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
Tcakes
Corporal

for an alpha that was amazing! ya there are somethings im not a big fan of, but im just glad I got to see something. Im definitely not scared about how this game is coming along. seriously, take my money now and dont mind the war boner.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Yutty
Sergeant

I hope we have an option to customize the UI. I can easily see the screen getting clutter up with names and all the markers above people with hundreds of people. I'd like the choice to only see other player names when they are a certain radius around the center target mark. The option to hide who killed who on the left should be hide-able too hopefully.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Your Team has nailed it, undisputed.

nothing can be perfect, but what we saw was quite enough to get people talking about the game, and to have other companies to step their game up if they want to run the MMOFPS gauntlet.

you guys, as far as exposure and acknowledgement goes, are the reigning champs. and your showing what it takes to be called a MMOFPS.

Keep showing the other companies who's boss!!!

get rid of killcam
Que 150 bad knock off titles in 3.....2....1....
Old 2012-03-06, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #201
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Boogster View Post
The major issues, you say? These are fairly nitpicky concerns - important, sure, but not fundamental. If you're giving a game its first public airing you're not going to foreground the finer details of gameplay, you're going to want to give the big picture.
the major issues I have.
Didn't say they were bad videos, just that I was disappointed with not seeing what I hoped to see.

The possibility of this feeling like BF3 is a gobsmakingly huge issue for me. I was hoping to see some things that would alleviate it, but so far nothing.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #202
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Things I don't like:
1. Night is a bluer day. It's so bright that I can't see why anyone would ever use a flashlight. It would just draw fire.
2. No specific vehicle entry points or startup timer. Jumping out of a plane with no real penalty.
3. Using the worst possible killcam.

Things I like:
1. The rest of it. Seriously pretty much everything looks awesome. Hell night is probably the thing that dissapointed me the most and that looks freaking fantastic, I just wish it was a little darker.
Don't forget weather. What we saw in the footage was a clear night, clear nights give tonnes of illumination from the moon and stars. I expect an overcast or wet night to be much, much darker.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-06, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
Fortress
Sergeant

Ok, PS2 Dev team. You got me. I'm on the hype train. Just do everything in your power to avoid the plasma-spammy and max-abusing bullshit that ruined PS1's infantry combat and I will swear fealty to you and re-purpose myself towards the destruction of your enemies.

PS: Oh, and make sure the heavy assault class still wrecks these silly light assault people at close range. That'll quell the anti-BF3 combat folks.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #204
deltase
Corporal

I don't like the fast killing in this game. I hope it was done for the viewers so that they could see more killing than duels.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
DarkSkyes
Corporal

Looks really nice guys, well done and congratz.

Not sure about the dust though, seems like there is fog or dust everywhere unless it was a storm of some kind.. think that would take away from the overall beauty of detail in the game.

Lag looks like a bit of an issue, but again this is still alpha and I’m really happy with what I see, can’t wait to play it!
Old 2012-03-06, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Chinchy View Post
Que 150 bad knock off titles in 3.....2....1....
Cue is the verb.

A lineup is a qeue.

So your dual-meaning word is perfect.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by DarkSkyes View Post
Looks really nice guys, well done and congratz.

Not sure about the dust though, seems like there is fog or dust everywhere unless it was a storm of some kind.. think that would take away from the overall beauty of detail in the game.

Lag looks like a bit of an issue, but again this is still alpha and I’m really happy with what I see, can’t wait to play it!
I think the fog is to make it look less stupid when your view is cut off beyond 1000m or whatever. Gradual fade to opacity looks more immersive than sudden cutoff of view, like a curtain fall in the distance.

As a plus, I noticed the ADAD speed of the lightest assault guys was not entirely stupid. I imagine that it will be even slower and MORE realistic for the heavier classes.

Last edited by Traak; 2012-03-06 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Straight pimpin'.

Man, I just had a flashback to almost 10 years ago when Knightwyvern ran into my room and told me that he'd just played some game his friend had gotten that was like Halo but also an MMO.

Years of awesome gaming began, followed by PSUMA where I got to meet Hamma and co and the PlanetSide devs.

Looking forward to playing Round 2!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-03-06, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by deltase View Post
I don't like the fast killing in this game. I hope it was done for the viewers so that they could see more killing than duels.
How is it any different then any other modern shooter? Its about the same as BF3 which is perfect.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
Skittles
Sergeant

Excellent videos, they've provided HUGE amounts of info that can be mulled over for a long time while waiting our time to join beta.

No real downsides that havent been voiced already, but REMOVE KILLCAM. Very disappointing in that aspect of the game. Dont overly care for ammo drops. Very BF'ish. Pretty much makes a hackers job useless doesnt it? Which was one of the main reasons to keep terms up and functioning when assaulting a base.

Whats the story with the bubbles? This going to be in-game? I noticed on the 'bonus' video that the player could see a bubble without LOS. Not digging that. Going to be rather disruptive to cloaker play isnt? Or to the ability to jump people from hidden locations if we're running around with halos over our heads.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion