Tech test invites? - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: everything the official forums aren't.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-19, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tech test invites?

Originally Posted by SUBARU View Post
If i got to play the as much as you.I would say the same thing.
No disrespect. You and your site have done a lot for both PS1 and PS2 .Thanks for all the work you and your team does
Seconded. The commitment shown by this forums mods and by yourself is simply amazing.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
Xeller
Corporal

'Cause I'm a glass half full kind of guy, this is how I'm looking at it:

If they are inviting so many people (I say "so many" like I know a number, but I don't) into the tech test that theoretically means the servers are pretty solid. Even if non-vets are getting in right now and they stay in, it is less people in the pool. If they keep up a steady flow of people into the tech test once beta rolls around the waves of people coming in will be substantial and quick.

*crosses fingers*
Old 2012-07-19, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
Hamma
PSU Admin

I do it because I love this community and this game.

I would not be saying the same thing - I don't expect to get in during any wave. I am a realist, I know what technology work goes into this stuff and it's not all fun and games. I'm not entitled to beta any more than the next guy.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-19, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

tech test will definitely be a small group in comparison to open beta in a week or 2. so if they got several hundred in already in tech test that is pretty cool. i'm sure they will want to test this with a full server stacked to see what their actual player limit will be for each server.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Xeller View Post
'Cause I'm a glass half full kind of guy, this is how I'm looking at it:

If they are inviting so many people (I say "so many" like I know a number, but I don't) into the tech test that theoretically means the servers are pretty solid. Even if non-vets are getting in right now and they stay in, it is less people in the pool. If they keep up a steady flow of people into the tech test once beta rolls around the waves of people coming in will be substantial and quick.

*crosses fingers*
My thoughts exactly. Things are looking good for a quickly expanding beta.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #201
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Leaving IN ONE PERSON is going to prohibit ONE person that is a vet/pc gamer key holder from playing.
Or, far more likely, it means that one more person will be part of that phase of testing.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #202
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If we all got in at the same time what would happen to this forum?
*crickets*
Old 2012-07-19, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Stop with the Veteran crap already.. :|
I'm a vet and I approve this message ! #NotHardcoreEnough
Old 2012-07-19, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #204
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
It is what it is and it is purely SOE's decision. Hurt a thousand or piss off thousands.. Hmm.. difficult decision.
Duke, don't start telling me it hurts not to be in a "Tech" where they mostly test the "Tech", not the game. Our time will come, be patient and enjoy not feeling the frustration of computers and servers crashing.

It's much more frustrating to stop crack once you tried it once rather than avoid thinking about it when you never used some!

Devs are doing you a service by making sure the game runs smoothly before opening the floodgates.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

The only thing that bothers me is that 2 years ago SOE came out and said that Current PS1 subscribers would be the first to get into PS2 testing, end of story. I don't think I'm entitled anymore than the next guy I'm only pissed because they have managed to cheat me out of nearly 200 dollars off of false information. Nobody likes being strung along, especially when you're taking their money. I believe that's why there are so many upset among the community, I'm sure many people feel the same way.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I do it because I love this community and this game.

I would not be saying the same thing - I don't expect to get in during any wave. I am a realist, I know what technology work goes into this stuff and it's not all fun and games. I'm not entitled to beta any more than the next guy.
Watch none of the tech testers be veterans XD that would be ironic yet funny :P
Old 2012-07-19, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Xeller
Corporal

I think everyone needs to put themselves in the other shoe for a moment:

The Veteran
I've played Planetside since 2003 and have been dreaming of the revamped Planetside since Next was announced. SOE said veterans will be the first people to play, yet others are playing and I'm not.

The New Player
I've been excited about this game ever since it was announced. I braved huge San Diego traffic and E3 crowds to make it to the booth and get my E3 key. I made it into tech test and will be really frustrated when all of the sudden I am no longer allowed to play because everyone was booted to let the vets be first in the beta waves.

SOE
We are a business and we have to turn a profit. A good, stable, game will do this. The tech test is there to test the machines we need to test, and in a lot of cases we could not find these machines with the veterans. Booting people from the tech test and starting the invite process over again for beta will be time consuming and would only be done to make it "fair" for veterans. They will understand.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Kayos
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
All the tech testers that I know are PS1 vets except one that beta tested PS1 with me but he never subscribed to play after launch.

Hopefully I get in soon too since I beta tested PS1 and have a sub still. I know we will all get in eventually but it's even more painful when all your friends are already playing
Old 2012-07-19, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Be even funnier if they're only CoD players and they've already developed their own in-game lingo before the vets even arrive.

"Let's do a Gal Drop, team!"
"It's called a Noob Rain, L2P or GTFO!"
Old 2012-07-19, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
haticK
First Sergeant

Just another case of, no matter what they do, there will always be people that are unhappy.