PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: B!tchign about the new EXP system since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-09, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Hmm why the hell would people suicide? Just to take away the kill for the attacker? Wow I never even considered to do that. But if people really want to do that than die honorably well so be it.
err people do it ALL THE TIME!..what planetside have you been playing?

and ding honourably is dying in battle, nothing is honourable about plowing your aircraft into the the dirt.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
err people do it ALL THE TIME!..what planetside have you been playing?

and ding honourably is dying in battle, nothing is honourable about plowing your aircraft into the the dirt.
Absolutely I agree. Well I just resubbed yesterday for the first time in 2,5 years and I have to be honest that 2,5 years ago I didn't really notice it.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #198
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Hamma with regards to air cav being used as fast transport for assault troops as a valid tactic which should be kept for the sequel I totally disagree.

This tactic makes all transport vehicles near useless, skips the whole outdoor fight and gives one player too much survivability and combat options. If you want to get infantry to a combat area use a transport or bring an AMS up. If you are in an offensive vehicle then that should be your role; if you get for ed out of it you should be at a disadvantage against dedicatedinfantry.
Old 2011-02-09, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #199
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Hamma with regards to air cav being used as fast transport for assault troops as a valid tactic which should be kept for the sequel I totally disagree.

This tactic makes all transport vehicles near useless, skips the whole outdoor fight and gives one player too much survivability and combat options. If you want to get infantry to a combat area use a transport or bring an AMS up. If you are in an offensive vehicle then that should be your role; if you get for ed out of it you should be at a disadvantage against dedicatedinfantry.
I would be all for a flight suit. Something like standard, but has a single medium sized rifle slot, and a single pistol slot, and small inventory. You could use an MA or SA weapon, but not HA or AV.

Considering how mobile it makes you, there should be a considerable downside to wanting to use it for transport. You can get there fast, but you'll be ill equipped for a ground fight.

My other preference would be to make aircraft inconvenient to get, like a specific base you had to pull them from. I don't hate aircraft.. I've flown plenty. I just find them too mobile, and too cheap and easy to use as super fast transport. I concede that perhaps just having so damned many certs made this much more common.
Old 2011-02-09, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Your first suggestion is exactly as I have it in the PUP.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Tremadog
Private

I like this flight suit idea. I think if people want to use flying vehicles as transport, they should still be able to, but limited weapon loadouts when they land should be a price to pay for it. A Galaxy or similar ground transport would be more viable for large-scale troop movement, but well-planned rapid reaction from a squad equipped with fast flying vehicles should still be a valid playstyle.

I'm all for shifting the focus back to dedicated transport vehicles, as my current Planetside main character is a dedicated footslogger, and having to rely on a Mossie just in case there isn't a Gal pilot in the vicinity is three cert points I could have spent elsewhere.

I think the people most opposed to people currently using mosquitos for transport are the Red Baron wannabes that consider everything not touching the ground to have issued them a personal challenge.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I would be all for a flight suit. Something like standard, but has a single medium sized rifle slot, and a single pistol slot, and small inventory. You could use an MA or SA weapon, but not HA or AV.

Considering how mobile it makes you, there should be a considerable downside to wanting to use it for transport. You can get there fast, but you'll be ill equipped for a ground fight.
They have this. It's called AGILE.
Old 2011-02-09, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
Aractain
Major

Removing all bailing is (probably) the only way to fix the problem. There is nothing inherently wrong with solo dropping on a tower its all the other bits that creates the problem. If you paid 3 certs for a jet pack and jumped up to the top of the tower there wouldn't be a problem (other than current PS towers are badly designed but whatever).

There IS something wrong with being defeated and getting a free life however. There is also a problem with air transport being unused as its not as useful as aircav. REXO isn't a big deal if your a top tier player.

The combination of powerful combat + fast travel + solo hotdrop makes aircav overly good. Any ONE of those is enough for people to pay the certs, with all of them why would you have anything else? And no more AA is not the solution.

I think some people think that its the end result (some agile coming from behind) that is the issue. Its not. Having multiple fronts in battles is fun.

The issue is purely the fact that the other 'choices' become NON-choices because a single choice is too good. This is basic design principle. If they don't fix it in PSN; worry for the game...
Old 2011-02-09, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Exactly Aractan.

Firefly, Agile is not a sufficient handicap for drivers/pilots as they can still equip full size heavy assault and AV weaponry which makes them just as deadly in combat. Not to mention that the extra speed of Agile armour make it the better choice for a lot of players who don't want the sluggish movement of Rexo.

Agile and Standard armour could have 3x6 slots for small weapons like the current MA and SA weapons. Rexo should have a single slot for one of the larger 3x9 guns, and a smaller 3x6 slot for their backup weapon or rifle.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Removing all bailing is (probably) the only way to fix the problem. There is nothing inherently wrong with solo dropping on a tower its all the other bits that creates the problem. If you paid 3 certs for a jet pack and jumped up to the top of the tower there wouldn't be a problem (other than current PS towers are badly designed but whatever).

There IS something wrong with being defeated and getting a free life however. There is also a problem with air transport being unused as its not as useful as aircav. REXO isn't a big deal if your a top tier player.

The combination of powerful combat + fast travel + solo hotdrop makes aircav overly good. Any ONE of those is enough for people to pay the certs, with all of them why would you have anything else? And no more AA is not the solution.

I think some people think that its the end result (some agile coming from behind) that is the issue. Its not. Having multiple fronts in battles is fun.

The issue is purely the fact that the other 'choices' become NON-choices because a single choice is too good. This is basic design principle. If they don't fix it in PSN; worry for the game...
The only problem with bailing is it isn't a fixed %. Stop trying to get them to remove playstyles that are not your own or counter yours.

How would you feel if I said we should remove maxes, special assault and galaxies? Yeah.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Raymac
Brigadier General

Removing bailing is lame, but the idea of a flight suit is a great idea. In agile, I was able to load up all kinds of stuff to be able to fight in case I had to bail. A flight suit should only be able to equip MA and a small amount of ammo, or basically just something to help you survive, nothing more.

I believe if you want to do a hot drop, there's a very nice aircraft that is designed specifically for that "pivotal" role.
Old 2011-02-09, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

If they made a flight suit it should beable to equip a glue gun without screwing your self over. In the back pack for example. You cannot remove bailing from the game. It was too much part of the game. If you want to fix it a little bit, maybe an ejection pod type device. Like BF2142's attack pods. Eject and you are now in the pod headed for dirt. You can adjust your course a little but when you land you have to disembark the pod, leaving you vulnerable for a moment or two. Galaxies use different tech and thusly ejection pods arnt neaded (Except for the pilot)
Old 2011-02-09, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I think this is what Smedley meant when he said making the Galaxy more pivotal. The current style of play is to get a bunch of bailures in a Mossie parade and then fly en masse to a base, bail out, cap, and then wash, rinse and repeat. So maybe they're examining ways to return the Galaxy to its original intent.

A flight suit shouldn't have a backpack. Have you honestly ever seen anyone sitting in the driver's seat wearing a backpack, who wasn't some emo kid wearing an empty backpack as an accessory? No, probably not. So, why the fuck would you be riding around or flying around wearing one? Nah. Pilots can wear a flight suit with a pistol slot and a few pockets. Like a real goddamn military aviator.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Bags
Lieutenant General

So you want to destroy my favorite playstyle because it's not yours? Wow, you guys are a bunch of selfish selfish-people.

You can do your galaxy thing, we'll do our mossie thing. Don't see me trying to nerf your galaxy crap.

Fireflay, plz don't bring realism in as though it has a leg to stand on. Do you know anyone in real life who can easily carry four chain guns or four rocket launchers?

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-09 at 02:50 PM.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
So you want to destroy my favorite playstyle because it's not yours? Wow, you guys are a bunch of selfish selfish-people.
I honestly don't care about your style of play. Play however you want, big pimpin'. Haters gonna hate.

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Do you know anyone in real life who can easily carry four chain guns or four rocket launchers?
Me.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion