Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Riot shield? We don't need no stinkin' riot shield!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
Rhyfelwrr
Private

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Nonconstructive whining will be deleted]

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
*Sigh* I love this community, but sometimes, the knee-jerk reaction can break a jaw, I swear.
Dead funny to watch if you're just passing by though.

But yeah, I think that SOE are clear as crystal when they say who's going in the first wave, and I agree with the OP about how it is useful.

Some people here needs to calm down a bit I think.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

Originally Posted by ZeroArmada View Post
If you read further down in that reddit thread you would see this. Dunno how credible it is, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._early/c50184j
Yeah I saw that too, however it it is very possible that they were just testing out some features of the site. Posting messages and joining outfits for example.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
I don't get how you can't see this as a positive thing if it were true... It's no secret at all that companies sometimes use professional players to bug test first. It's not even a beta at that stage... but it would also mean that beta was actually not far away at all.
First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOEw teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._early/c504gu9

higby via reddit
Old 2012-06-13, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early!

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
Hey man you relax!! You need to stop and smell the roses and realize we should all be freaking out right now!
I agree, the emotional roller-coaster is the most fun part of waiting for a game!

If everyone just takes a moment to go crazy (somewhere that isn't these forums!), hopefully we'll defuse some stress for the long run.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
Xaine
Major

Would just be nice if they announced this stuff a little more officially. Its always bad when we find out second hand, as many people feel like they're being screwed over.

Honestly, the SoE PR department could use a good dose of empathy.

They haven't done anything wrong at all, but the way they've gone about it hasn't been great from our point of view.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #201
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOEw teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._early/c504gu9

higby via reddit
Yeah, I got that... I just mean that.. bah, you know what I meant.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #202
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
They haven't done anything wrong at all, but the way they've gone about it hasn't been great from our point of view.
There is only one point of view. Signs of Beta.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ZeroArmada View Post
If you read further down in that reddit thread you would see this. Dunno how credible it is, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._early/c50184j
When I saw that in the stream, it looked like it was some sort of test-post, i.e. one to simply check that making a post and replying was functional, and as a demo to show to the people watching what a player's page might look like when the game is actually running.

The dialogue lacked enough profanity and machismo to be a real PlanetSide conversation

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #204
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

whatever

Too much ego and speculation. LIke it or not, someone has to call the shots. Since we are NOT the ones calling the shots....ask yourself.....WHY ?

.....we're not qualified. Sure many here are long-time players.....that only makes us fans....not Devs.

I got burned out on the hype.....I'm glad....I finally began to chill.....now....it looks like Beta "for us regular folk" is finally at or near the horizon.

Until my invite email comes, I'm going to continue to wait . . . . with little sympathy for the players here who feel justified with their flame-rants.

whatever

Most of us will get a shot to be in Beta. It's all good. It's only a game. Hopefully, in many many ways, a better version of PS1.

Hope to see y'all on the PS2 Beta battlefield no later than Septemeber.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-06-13 at 02:22 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
TheDrone
Sergeant

Something tells me this won't be the last time this community will descend into hysteria.

Maybe if we organize a fundraiser and tell SOE to use the money to pay for some developers to screw something up.
I'm sure this'll provide the rush some are desperately waiting for.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
Yeah, I said the same.

While he's been quick off the mark with information once one of us cottoned on to these shenanigans, it really should have been pre-emptive. I'm sure it was done with good faith though.

EDIT: to make this clear, I state this in full knowledge that this is not beta. Developments like this that are, let us say, somewhat sensitive, should all at least have the developers giving us cryptic omens as to what is going on.

EDIT 2: Also, my gratitude to Timey. I'm sure your diligence will help curtail the least helpful comments.
My initial post was meant to convey the same, but it was less wordy and apparently misconstrued by the mod team as a whine.

I should point out that it was something that SOE should pay close attention to, because it directly impacts their reputation.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Ah, so it finally came out.
Knew about the first platoon thing for a week now, was wondering how people would react (and already prepared the Banhammer, the heavy banhammer). Good to see you folks are civil.

Now to the important thing: How to get my Outfit Vanu Corp into the first Platoon thing?
Old 2012-06-13, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Bags
Lieutenant General

People keep talking about hysteria, and knee jerk reactions but I'm not seeing any here.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
People keep talking about hysteria, and knee jerk reactions but I'm not seeing any here.
Its being put under control before it erupts is why.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Ah, so it finally came out.
Knew about the first platoon thing for a week now, was wondering how people would react (and already prepared the Banhammer, the heavy banhammer). Good to see you folks are civil.

Now to the important thing: How to get my Outfit Vanu Corp into the first Platoon thing?
Surely you'd want the lighter hammer, to ban quicker?

You know, in this day and age we should really be automating this whole hammering business. I guess the R&D cuts due to the recession hit PSU as hard as anywhere else.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion