Vehicles will/should be rare. - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where dreams come to die
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-16, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
Sephirex
Major

Re: Vehicles will/should be rare.

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Never! Also your a vanu yet you have a space marine pic, especially a chapter who are the most xenophobic Heretic!
So? I enjoy playing sides with fanatical, religious beliefs? Zealots are so much scarier then soldiers, Vanu being no exception.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Wakken
Sergeant

What if there was a driver/pilot class that could barely have any armor/weapon, but the cooldowns are much lower on vehicles and they cost no currency?

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SleepyZombie View Post
Would you please figure out your argument? I am explaining to you why the reason the resources are there. Your original argument was you want the vehicles to be rare and the way about going about it is put a ridiculous re spawn timer on the vehicle.
No, the current PS2 version have a 15 minute respawn timer on vehicles. People already played with that build. It is already in the damn game. It is not my opinion, it is a fact. The current respawn timer is 15 minutes!!!!!!!! Read it and understand.

Originally Posted by Wakken View Post
What if there was a driver/pilot class that could barely have any armor/weapon, but the cooldowns are much lower on vehicles and they cost no currency?
That could work. Would need some fleshing out though.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-16 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
No, the current PS2 version have a 15 minute respawn timer on vehicles. People already played with that build. It is already in the damn game. It is not my opinion, it is a fact. The current respawn timer is 15 minutes!!!!!!!! Read it and understand.
It's also been pointed out multiple times that those who cert and use implants towards tanks will have negligible respawn times.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
So? I enjoy playing sides with fanatical, religious beliefs? Zealots are so much scarier then soldiers, Vanu being no exception.
The God emperor will show no mercy!
Old 2012-07-16, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

This discussion is even more hostile than the driver/gunner one.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
Zar
Sergeant

He doesn't care about the respawn timers/resources. He wants 80% infantry in the field, that's his preference, and no one is going to convince him otherwise.
Can we end this pointless thread?
agreed tank's and air will not be rare >.< cause alot the game mechanic's will kinda depend on them. will you be able to roll around like you can lose it with no penalty? no if you die 5 minutes out you will either be missing a tank for 15-20 min's or spawn another one after the timer is up and be broke >.< better off going ground for a few minutes then getting back to the tank.

Last edited by Zar; 2012-07-16 at 03:45 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
Wakken
Sergeant

It's also been pointed out multiple times that those who cert and use implants towards tanks will have negligible respawn times.
Any word if this applied to currency too? Will they cost less and less the more you cert into a vehicle?

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Wakken View Post
Any word if this applied to currency too? Will they cost less and less the more you cert into a vehicle?
No word on that yet.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
Klockan
First Sergeant

Yes, with certs it goes down to 5 minutes, but that wasn't the argument. The resources must have an impact even om the people who didn't take said certification, thus the resource gain needs to be slow enough that you can't spawn vehicles every 15 minutes. Also making certs multiply the amount of vehicles you can pull by a factor 3 would make them way too powerful to be a cert, certs should be sidegrades and very small boosts. Thus I believe that they just reduce the cooldown and don't affect the cost.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-16 at 03:47 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Death to the false emperor and the terran republic.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
The God emperor will show no mercy!
If the God Emperor follows me into Planetside 2, I think we're all dead.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
SleepyZombie
Corporal

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post

That could work. Would need some fleshing out though.
I find that the more explanation points a person uses the more and more angry he really is. there was a re spawn timer in ps1 as well i am sure there will be one in ps2 too that's fine and dandy but it still does not change the fact that resources add an extra dimension to the game.

You want the vehicles to be rare... people are telling you the system is already setup to make it hard enough to obtain a vehicle. This apparently isn't enough for you.

what do you want from us Klockan! Tell us so that we may understand...

Last edited by SleepyZombie; 2012-07-16 at 03:48 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Death to the false emperor and the terran republic.
This planet is ours Smurf!
Old 2012-07-16, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

The way this works is:

1. A Large group of players get vehicles and attack another large group of players in vehicles.
2. The terribad vehicle players get blowed up by the good vehicle players and are recycled as terribad infantry.
3. The good vehicle players then farm the newly spawned terribad infantry for lulz.

Now eventually, once all the terribads are out of vehicles and have major spawn penalties, the side with the most/best good players pushes around the other sides good players.

Now why does this matter? Because recent statistics published by CWGF* says that approximately 80% of the the general FPS crowd are terribads. That means that 8 out of 10 players will lose their vehic and become infantry shortly after the fight starts. See..no problem.

*Center for Who Gives a Fuck
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion