Higby on Magriders - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where maturity is overrated. Noob.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-21, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #226
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: Higby on Magriders

Better yet, have a "specials" slot and add more options. That way, we'd be able to give Prowlers an ability option that focuses on the "speed" aspect for people who want that, and still have the anchored mode for people who want the "shoots lots and lots of things" aspect. Plus, more options are always good.
Old 2013-02-21, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by KaskaMatej View Post
He is right though albeit slightly over-exaggerating.

Prowlers splash does 1000 damage per shot, which is enough to kill anyone without flak/nanoweave armour or nano-armour cloaking/HA shield activated, in one shot. Mind you, Prowlers have ability to shoot two shots with combined damage of 2000 splash which kills anyone regardless (except for MAX).

They are on par (well, slightly better) with other tanks in anti-tank capabilities but still much superior in anti-infantry. They are, as a whole, over-powered.
You may take note that, I said many pages back the only real advantage prowlers have VS. infinity is they have two shots.

Getting upset that a tanks special, that makes him immobile, somehow makes them better at one shooting infinity ( Better than one shooting ) is ridiculous.

You know what kills an immobile locked down prowler?

Everything.

Originally Posted by Rothnang View Post
Right. Because no other tanks can do that. Nope. You are crazy if somehow you believe that only the prowler one shots infantry or barrages a tower.

Let me know when prowlers can do this when locked down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IrR4drWaDvs

I should start running around complaining that Vanguards are overpowered because they have shields, or Mags are overpowered because they have a boost.

You know, the defining feature of the vehicle. The thing that elevates Planetside from having cookie cuter tanks.

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Yand survivable on special ability to boot. So, high dps, and high survavibility. Something has got to give.

- They should lower the survivability on the Prowler on anchored mod
Please come back to reality. There is no increased survivability when locked down. None.

Technically it has less survivability while in anchored mode because it can't rotate its hull when under attack from behind.

In reality however, since the tank doesn't have to be in anchored mode to fight there is really no downside to anchored mode at all.
WTF?

This has to be one of the most logic deprived pity fests I have seen on this forums. You guys have at it.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-02-21 at 10:03 AM.
Old 2013-02-22, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #228
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Technically it has less survivability while in anchored mode because it can't rotate its hull when under attack from behind.

In reality however, since the tank doesn't have to be in anchored mode to fight there is really no downside to anchored mode at all.

If you find yourself in a situation where you don't need to move and you can safely use anchored mode you get double damage. The other tanks can find themselves in exactly the same situation, and get nothing. If you can't find a safe way to go to anchored mode you just don't, and your tank is still on par with the others.

If the Magburner worked the same way Anchored mode works it'd simply be a toggle that makes the Magrider move twice as fast but it can't shoot while doing so. While not being able to shoot may seem like a downside, you wouldn't ever use the ability when you have to shoot, so it really isn't a downside, it's just a bonus you get whenever you don't need to shoot, the same way that the Prowler gets a bonus whenever it doesn't need to move.

It's a pseudo-downside that looks like it's a big sacrifice to get something extra, but in reality you aren't sacrificing anything, it's just a big bonus you get whenever you find yourself in a situation where the thing you are sacrificing isn't important and the thing you are gaining is.

The only way anchored mode would have a real downside is if your tank couldn't fight without being in anchored mode. Then suddenly there would be a dependence on creating the right conditions to use it, and enemies could put you in hot water by denying you the opportunity - but that isn't the case, your tank is perfectly capable without anchoring, so the downside to anchoring is never a serious inconvenience where you need to anchor, but your also need to move. That situation doesn't exist for Prowlers, the worst it ever gets is want to anchor, but need to move.
This hits the nail pretty much on the head. I agree with others when they say anchor should be scrapped, since it allows the prowler to operate on two different levels of effectiveness, which means that only one of those levels (or neither) will be on par with other tanks - the other would necessarily be either greater or worse, which isn't fun for anyone.

and I have to say...

The sheer level of stupidity in this thread is appalling. I usually make it a point to read through an entire thread before commenting, but the first two pages gave me plenty indication of the shitstorm therein, so I'll save my brain cells the pain and read the last two instead. Worst of all is the partisanship - repping your faction is fine, but hating on others, just because they chose a different faction from you? that's the same strain of ignorance and stupidity that gave us Jim Crow laws and concentration camps. read: it's bad. This is the shit I left the official forums to escape.

Last edited by Varsam; 2013-02-22 at 05:16 AM.
Old 2013-02-22, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #229
psijaka
Contributor
Major

My favourite prey when running as AV MAX is deployed Sunderers, partly because they are "locked down". Easy meat, in other words, even at long range.

Same would apply to a locked down Prowler, but, to be honest, I don't think that I've come across that many. Staying still is death in this game.
Old 2013-02-22, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #230
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
that's the same strain of ignorance and stupidity that gave us Jim Crow laws and concentration camps.
LOOOOL

Calm down bro
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion