Official PS Wish List - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Daily spawning reports.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-27, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #241
SkittlezX
Private

Finally got the website Up!!!
Old 2003-07-27, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Some interesting ideas
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-28, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
Joe-Azlin
Corporal

I want some boat type vehicles. Like a sumbarine and battleship. Something like that only futuristic and that way we could have land, air, and sea battles.
Old 2003-07-28, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
ArcticRecon
Private

heres my list of wantshttp://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/004703.html
Old 2003-07-30, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

This is a taste, the whole thread is here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...threadid=12552

BTW, I think PDA stands for Personal Digital Assistant.

ideas for 1 point certs
1) Demolitions.
Prerequisite: combat engineering.
This would essentially be a more powerful boomer that uses a timer instead of a remote switch. It could be set up to 20 minutes. unlike mines and boomers, shooting it causes it to explode, only somone else with this skill would be able to disable it without causing it to explode. It can also be fitted to enemy vehicles. Uses a normal ACE, but limited to laying 5 at a time

2) structual engineer
Prerequisite: combat engineering
This idea has been mentioneed before, but I think it would work well as a1 point cert. The ability to lay small defensive structures and barricades. (Maybe foxholes and mini-towers too). You could create little walls to prevent tanks and other large vehicles form entering a base. This could also be a way to implement force fields. These should be larger than an ACE so you would have to use a rifle slot to lay them.

3) Paramedic
Prerequisite: adv. medic
Allows you to place up to three "revive" devices on friendly units that gives the person wearing it the option to "revive on site" when they get killed. They gain back half their health but no armor. It acts similiar to the implant, but is a one-time use device.

4) Medical engineer
prerequisite: adv. medic
Can place mini-medical terms. these cannot be hacked by enemies, will repair health but not armor, and will last until the owner leaves the continent or logs off. Uses a a ACE-sized device to place. limit of 5 allowed to be placed.

5) Radar Jamming.
prerequisite: adv. hacking
allow use of a radar jamming device( uses a rifle slot). One option allows you to completely Jam a radar in a certain radius (1.5X typical SOI) meaning, that nothing will show up on any enemies radar. This would only last 1 minute, and could only be used once every 6 hours. The second option is to do a radar scramble, in which the enemy still sees what's on their radar, but FriendorFoe recognition doesn't work (everyone appears green). This lasts 5 minutes and can only be used once every 3 hours.

6) Telecom
prerequisite: adv. hacking.
allows use of portable radio kit (fills up a pistol slot). This device uses a special battery that drains quickly. Lets you eavesdrop on enemy chat channels. you must keep an enemy in the crosshairs of this device, and you will be able to receive everything he says, plus all of his squads communications. Defensively if you are being eavesdropped ( or somone in your squad is) and you have this skill, you will receive a notification if you are being monitored. You can also link this to the big dishes at the interlink facilities and gain access to enemy command chat, continent all, and global if you have the CR. Hooking it up to the dish, you can also pick any base on the continent and hear what is being broadcast. This part only works if the interlink facility is controlled by a rival empire, and will immediately produce a facility warning on the map.

7) Sticky cameras:
Prerequisite: Sniper
If you've played SplinterCell, you know what theses are. Little cameras that can be loaded as ammo into the sniper rifle ONLY. Once fired they stick to any surface, and you can use it to gain recon info. They are small and inconspicuous, but you can only see thru them after firing them, and you are vunerable to attack while looking thru them. Each one takes up the size of one box of sniper ammo.

Last edited by CrazyCrazy; 2003-07-30 at 07:03 PM.
Old 2003-07-31, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Good ideas.

Yes, PDA = personal digital assistant. I know that the current functions work just fine, it would just be more immersive if the point of access for the information was on your person. Another lite RPG element.

Two more ideas:

Dropship Tower: 3 towers, spaced out on each continent. They should be as remote as possible (I originally thought that one on the slope of that tall mountain on Cyssor would be neat), and placed on terrain inaccessible to land vehicles and foot soldiers. It would have to be as tall as a Watch Tower, but maybe slightly wider to accommodate one landing pad on top, and two gun emplacements (think slightly larger Air Tower). The pad could accommodate one Galaxy at a time (for rearm and repair), and allow troop boarding (but no vehicle access). The tower should have a matrixing point, as well as spawn tubes and inventory stations � and obviously a CC. The idea is to get some of the under-utilized terrain used, set up different battle situations, and make the Galaxy more valuable than it already is (for projecting power via dropship, and for making the Galaxy a requisite for invading these structures)

Armor Tower: Placed in remote locations like the Dropship tower, but put in open terrain allowing vehicles to access it. The tower is arched, allowing armor vehicles to rearm and repair under cover, to evade bombers (they would still be exposed, though � think about vehicles hiding under the bridges at bases). Gives land vehicles invading continents a forward base, and brings armor battles out of the bases and into other areas of the map.
Old 2003-07-31, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
ArcticRecon
Private

all these suggestions on towers will make you have to download the continent again meaning huge downloads.
Old 2003-07-31, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Well, it is a wishlist...
Old 2003-08-02, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Orginaly posted by ArcticRecon on the official forums
4) When the HART is taking off, it slowly rises out of the hangar and then takes an instant 90 degree turn and then takes off (This looks really cheap and should be fixed).

Suggestions:

1) Receive Grief points for shooting Mines and Motion Alarm Sensors (I see people shooting friendly ones and getting away with it so easily so they should get busted for it).

2) Receive Grief points for shooting your base�s Generator (Same reason as above).

6) More Rain, Clouds, Thunder & Lightning, and Dust storms (Not enough of these and it gets really boring with just day and night time.)

8) Have a sound play if someone on your Friends list logs on (Keep the text on the chat window though).

10) Put horns on cars. (Have it so you can only do 3 honks every 10 seconds, have a button near the driving controls like Ctrl, and have the same radius as Voice Marcos).
4) There is nothing wrong with this, it's like a giant Harrier jet.

1) I shoot at these all the time, only becouse theres a bug with the turrets where they fire sideways and hit me. Also, recently sometimes when I see a friendly CE lay a mine, I don't see a green circle around it.

2) If I'm defending a base that is about to fall (Has had a enemy hack on it for a while) and the base has 10% power, I'm gonna blow the gen to further anoy the enemy.

6) I agree with this, they said there weather system would be an awsome sight to see. But whenever I see rain or snow etc. It only lasts for about 1 minute.

8) That sound (what ever it is) could get really anoying, maybe a little text messege would be ok.

10) This is something I wondered about since the beginning of the game. A little sound file wouldn't be hard to add. It would definatly decrease the rate of friendly road kill.

Just my $.02
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2003-08-02 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2003-08-02, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
Mejwell
Sergeant

Sorry, I didn't have the stamina to read through the entire thread, so I don't know if it's already been suggested, but I think that you should get grief points for shooting and/or destroying any equipment in a facility that is neutral and under your dominion's hack. I THINK it would be fairly easy to implement, and would be a strong deterrent for people who keep destroying the generator/equipment terminals/wall turrets when the base is about to become yours. The possible downside is that if the hack is flip-flopping between two empires, you won't be able to destroy things that may POSSIBLY become the enemy's. However, if it's under your hack at the moment, you'd probably do just as well leaving them anyway.
Old 2003-08-02, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
Orginaly posted by ArcticRecon on the official forums
2) Receive Grief points for shooting your base�s Generator (Same reason as above).
2) If I'm defending a base that is about to fall (Has had a enemy hack on it for a while) and the base has 10% power, I'm gonna blow the gen to further anoy the enemy.
I do this to turrets too. I ONLY do this if the hack has been on for 10-15min and our forces are loosing.
Old 2003-08-02, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
snypz
Private

destroying ur own generater is acctually a good last resort startigical move

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
Old 2003-08-02, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
ArcticRecon
Private

good point.

Last edited by ArcticRecon; 2003-08-02 at 10:27 PM.
Old 2003-08-03, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #254
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Nah destroying the gen just makes it easier for them. You can't spawn there anymore and can't buy stuff from terminals. So you are running around naked at best. Then when they cap it all they need is one guy with a basic eng cert to run to the gen real quick and repair.
Old 2003-08-03, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #255
snypz
Private

but if ur defending a base and u know ur goin to lose, u can go into the gen room and blow up the gen so that the power goes down to 0% and then they need to go get an ant, rather then leavin the power at 20% 10% and them just takin it over easily

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion