Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2 [NA] - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Community even Lassie would join!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-07, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
WinchesterX
Private

Re: Sturmgrenadier Planetside 2 [NA]

I just wish I'd have joined up sooner!
Old 2012-07-09, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

A nice group photo from the Old Oshur event!

Last edited by Aldman; 2012-07-09 at 01:38 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
WinchesterX
Private

How did that go? I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
BulletExodus
Private

I'm wondering how it went also. I have been having internet problems lately, but I'm fine now. I'll be back in to help out soon enough.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
Pine
Private

Originally Posted by WinchesterX View Post
How did that go? I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it.
Good fun event. SOme hiccups on start and well on the end. This was a fun event to me because it was outfit heavy and the whole thing was based on moving the map. This is just the opposite of most shooters, and its takes outfits to play this way.

As to the results, VS jumped into the middle and as outfits do.. they got double teamed but bad. IT was just good strats to do so. The TR had the event sewn up when they snagged 4 bases. The NC could go for second or compete for third. We went for second.

As for SG, we did what we could, by binding at the home base (tech) and keeping pressure on the VS. SG did not actually move into the dropship, as we saw that as a death trap, so we then pushed on the TR tech to the north and got quite the surprise when moved into Atar.

In the end the server crashed, and dumped many NC out of the game. Apperantly the server came back up, but few had stayed around to realize it. TR pretty much got a walk in the end.

I only saw good gaming on all sides. Lots of fun with gamming only as PS has it.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Yeah, I know that the VS are complaining that TR and NC "teamed-up on them", but they went straight for the dropship center, and the lattice led everyone right to them... no surprise that they were playing monkey in the middle from the very beginning.

Sturmgrenadier players did some nice work on Old Oshur. We made a nice diversionary play against Dahaka, hit the tubes and gen at Jamshid. I think that we would have taken Jamshid with just a bit more support.

Last edited by Aldman; 2012-07-09 at 08:30 PM.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
Renukai
Private

It's good to know that our outfit will be the paragon of leadership when it comes to running an outfit with a solid ethos and organization. I know a lot of people are talking about the Old Oshur event and how it went awry but at least we can always breathe easy knowing that we play by the rules.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Some of Draacco's handiwork:

Last edited by Aldman; 2012-07-10 at 07:45 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #249
Caldazar
Private

Just wanted to say what's up to all my new battle buddies. Just started with Sturmgrenadier, wanted to give a quick shout out to SG and offer my opinion to anyone interested in checking us out.

EDIT: FIRST: Be prepared to always have fun, if it ain't fun for you, you're doing it wrong!!!!

First: These guys have their &*$# together, high-speed, low-drag. They are a disciplined group however, that may not appeal to everyone. You'll want to make sure going in that you realize that running with SG means sometimes sacrificing a little independence to do what's right for the good of the squad, platoon, outfit, whatever.

Second: Know your role, do your homework and bring your A-game at all times. These guys are more than willing to help teach and train their members to be better gamers/ teammates. They do not hold hands... except while skipping with balloons in the other hands singing, la, La, la', la, la, laa........ (sorry 'bout shameless plug for NC with smurf reference)

Third: Be ready to step up if called upon. SG expects teamwork at all times. That means follow when following; take the reigns when a leader is needed. They don't care if you are the crustiest or greenest member, they will follow if you lead. The only "bad" decision is the one that's not made. I have to give props to the crustiest guys that will follow a green leader, complete the mission to the best of their ability, then offer guidance/ advice in an AAR to help that green leader become better.

Lastly, leave your e-peen and trolling at the door. These guys conduct themselves in a very polite and professional manner in each of the communities they participate in... a refreshing change from some of the other outfits you find out their.

Last edited by Caldazar; 2012-07-11 at 08:50 AM.
Old 2012-07-11, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Thanks Caldazar! That's probably the clearest review of what being a Sturmgrenader is like that I have seen in a long time.

It's true, SG is probably not for everyone, and we don't want to be. Sturmgrenadier members are mature, respectful, and have their acts together. We ask our members to give up a little independence in order to succeed as a team. We ask our members to learn from each other, because we are willing to teach them. And finally, we ask our members to also be leaders when they are needed. Planetside is a team sport, and we're working to make our team better every day!

And yes, we do have actual AARs after some battles. We're old-school.
Old 2012-07-11, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
YommSG
Private

Old Oshur event was fun.

Still looking for quality team players who understand the 'team first' mentality.
Old 2012-07-12, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
TeaReks
Private

My wife isn't going to be happy with me when I'm screaming "DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA" at 2 am as I strafe some softies with my reaver.
Old 2012-07-13, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

A big welcome to our all of the new members who have joined up with Sturmgrenadier this week!

JamezBr0wn
LordSMG
BuddyLee
Titan
Heavygain
Stryke
Benlayn
Renukai

and all the rest that I can't remember!
Old 2012-07-13, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #254
Xiiv
Private

Welcome folks. Glad you chose SG. Hope you can hop into one of the many games SG plays together until you are able to get into beta. Myself I am shooting it up in World of Tanks and some PS1....Looking forward to MechWarrior: Online as well.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #255
TeaReks
Private

Now that the tech test has started we are getting pretty close!

Time to start building up "wife points" so I can use them later.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate