The Oracle of Death - Page 19 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does anyone else smell something burning?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-23, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #271
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
No, just that I can't do any data on weapon engagement ranges or aggregate BRs across alts. Disappointing - especially the former - but not the end of the world.
Can you do all the explosives?

I believe Tank Mines are way too expensive. Can we get the KPU for:

Tank Mines
C4
Proximity Mines
Bouncing Betty's
Claymores
Frag Grenades
Anti-Tank Grenades

Can we get a KPU for each of these that is deployed?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-08-24, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #272
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

That is disappointing. Thanks for the attempt Maradine.

Old 2013-08-26, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #273
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It's nuke and pave week! Get the most recent aggregates here - the data itself is disappearing: http://bit.ly/1dio87M

We're well on our way to IRC-based self-service with vehicle deaths, usage times, and weekly leaderboards for high-interest categories.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-26 at 01:20 PM.
Old 2013-08-27, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #274
Larington
Corporal

I experimented with comparing the battle rifles because I was curious about whether that would reveal if no bullet drop is actually an important Vanu empire trait (I percieved the Battle Rifles as being the one weapon where no bullet drop would matter most), but the results were pretty inconclusive when I did the comparison, the VS/TR ones were on par but the NC one seemed to be performing worse. No idea what's going on with those, might just be that the sample size was too small - (Not many people use battle rifles).
Old 2013-08-28, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #275
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Battle rifles just don't have an effective niche in this game... at least that I've found.
Old 2013-08-28, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #276
User
Private

OH ORACLE OF DEATH! I beg you for the knowledge of the max units and how each empires max performs. I have scanned this whole thread and saw nothing. I would love to know what kind of K/d's ZOE maxes have! PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 2013-09-01, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #277
Aarth
Private

Maradine, will the Vehicle destruction count be available for next the Data dump? This is a very useful number when looking at rocket launcher comparisons.

GU14 Launcher Data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

The Striker does extremely well, especially for a launcher incapable of directly killing infantry and gives victim vehicle warning of impending attack allowing for bail outs. Just looking at KPU with a launcher system that can provide direct comparison, the Striker is about 67% more effective then the Annihilator.

Having vehicle destruction data will be very helpful to allow a better full comparison between all launchers.

Last edited by Aarth; 2013-09-01 at 07:01 PM.
Old 2013-09-01, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #278
Aarth
Private

Originally Posted by User View Post
OH ORACLE OF DEATH! I beg you for the knowledge of the max units and how each empires max performs. I have scanned this whole thread and saw nothing. I would love to know what kind of K/d's ZOE maxes have! PLEASE HELP ME!
Here is the MAX data from the core spread sheet.

MAX GU14 Data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OU3VzZlE#gid=0

Interesting results. At high level BRs, NC MAXs tend to take the lead in KPU (roughly equivalent metric to k/d) for AI. There aren't really any outstanding KPU advantages from ZOE, perhaps your best indicator for that is in the Burster which is a cross faction weapon. It will be hard to fully compare that with the TR though, the Striker seems to cast huge shadow over the air game. The Burster compared between VS (2.62 KPU) and NC is (2.42 KPU) ~about 8% advantage VS. At high BR does widen a bit to ~12%.

Last edited by Aarth; 2013-09-02 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2013-09-02, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #279
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Aarth View Post
Here is the MAX data from the core spread sheet.

MAX GU14 Data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OU3VzZlE#gid=0

Interesting results. At high level BRs, NC MAXs tend take the lead in KPU (roughly equivalent metric to k/d) for AI. There aren't really any outstanding KPU advantages from ZOE, perhaps your best indicator for that is in the Burster. It will be hard to fully compare that with the TR though, the Striker seems to cast huge shadow over the air game. The Burster compared between VS (2.62 KPU) and NC is (2.42 KPU) ~about 8% advantage VS. At high BR does widen a bit to ~12%.
One thing you have to remember about this is that the factions don't share weapon types.

NC gets shotguns. You either out right kill a target or not and only one target at a time. You don't get assists often in CQC fights.

TR and VS get HMGs. Those have odds of someone stealing your kill and just giving you an assist. With you being able to kill at greater ranges you have to compete others for the same kills. Say a TR/VS MAX is in the back of a room watching a heavy used door. That MAX is able to kill near anything that comes in LOS but he should not be alone in that room and the infantry with him are able to leach kills and just use that MAX to soak bullets while they fire from another angle.

If shotgun doesn't have a better KPU with added skill then a HMG then that shotgun isn't being a shotgun and killing things by itself. But HMGs with higher skill would know to share kills with others to max the likelihood of a fast kill and lower the KPU.
Old 2013-09-03, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #280
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

TR and VS get HMGs.
What's so "H" about TR's MAX "MGs"? They got a damage of a freakin pistol. TR MAX going with Repeaters in each hand would be just as effective.

Old 2013-09-03, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #281
Oracen
Private

Would totally use a MAX with twin repeaters. Or twin flareguns, for maximum irritation of hXc gamers.

Would probably be more useable than Pounders to boot
Old 2013-09-03, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #282
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by MGP View Post
What's so "H" about TR's MAX "MGs"? They got a damage of a freakin pistol. TR MAX going with Repeaters in each hand would be just as effective.
HMG, Heavy Machine Gun.

Any weapon system that is to big and or heavy for a single man to use. Can be either anti material or just a big gun with a lot of bullets depending on the model and maker.

Sounds a lot better than giving MAXes MMGs. A MAX should be able to handle the weight of the weapon and the shear amount of ammo of an HMG easy. Also a single infantryman is able to use either an LMG and MMG. The M240 is a MMG and can be used without a fire team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240_machine_gun

To give a bit more on HMGs, they have been renamed to auto-cannons if they are anti material. Such as the Basilisk or Walker.
Old 2013-09-03, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #283
Maginnis
Private

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
HMG, Heavy Machine Gun.

Any weapon system that is to big and or heavy for a single man to use. Can be either anti material or just a big gun with a lot of bullets depending on the model and maker.

Sounds a lot better than giving MAXes MMGs. A MAX should be able to handle the weight of the weapon and the shear amount of ammo of an HMG easy. Also a single infantryman is able to use either an LMG and MMG. The M240 is a MMG and can be used without a fire team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240_machine_gun

To give a bit more on HMGs, they have been renamed to auto-cannons if they are anti material. Such as the Basilisk or Walker.
Have you ever seen the guys who carry those? I had a roommate who was an M240 guy in Iraq. He was built like a bodybuilder... his upper arms were the size of my legs.
Old 2013-09-03, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #284
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Maginnis View Post
Have you ever seen the guys who carry those? I had a roommate who was an M240 guy in Iraq. He was built like a bodybuilder... his upper arms were the size of my legs.
I have and even had the fun of playing with a few MGs back before my dad retired from the Army. Can't remember if it was LMGs or MMGs but it was DAMNED fun to fire them as a kid. I was even lucky enough to play in real tanks and get time in tank sims the Army uses.

You have to be well built to use a MMG but you can do it alone. Try that with a chaingun such as a Mutilator and you'll be passed out within 50 meters if you're able to lift it and the spare ammo. They put those one vehicles for reasons.
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/image...m134d-land.jpg

Looking badass is a side effect.
Old 2013-09-10, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #285
Aarth
Private

Putting this here.

MBT GU14 Data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QX3dJZlE#gid=0
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion