Updated Beta Date - Page 19 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because smoking kills
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-31, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #271
dafuq
First Sergeant

Re: Updated Beta Date

Originally Posted by longfire View Post
so its in 2 weeks then?
id say add 1 more week to the 2 weeks
Old 2012-07-31, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #272
eybro
Private

Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
id say add 1 more week to the 2 weeks
and then add a month if you are not a vet
Old 2012-07-31, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #273
dafuq
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by eybro View Post
and then add a month if you are not a vet
im a vet and i have an active sub, but i dont see this beta starting next week.. tbh

and yes you are right with adding a month when ur not a vet, thats what the priority key guys should do, with lucky a few of them will be in the beta in august

Last edited by dafuq; 2012-07-31 at 08:25 AM.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #274
Kur
Corporal

I disagree with treating vets differently from those who don't qualify for vet status, they want more new people to play the game, yes give vets some bonuses but if you go down the root of fixating on the difference between vets and new comers, the game will be hurt badly.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #275
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Not this again please, for the love of God. Leave the vet thing alone. It's such a fucking ball ache.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #276
Crator
Major General

My only issue with SOE's beta date release updates are that they don't give us enough info. Oh crap, you're delaying beta release due to an issue and it won't be available until this coming Friday or Monday? And that's all your gonna tell me? Ok, let the speculation and crying being!

Originally Posted by Solidblock View Post
Not this again please, for the love of God. Leave the vet thing alone. It's such a fucking ball ache.
Best to just ignore those posts...

Last edited by Crator; 2012-07-31 at 08:36 AM.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #277
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kur View Post
I disagree with treating vets differently from those who don't qualify for vet status, they want more new people to play the game, yes give vets some bonuses but if you go down the root of fixating on the difference between vets and new comers, the game will be hurt badly.
Except vets are getting priority one access. It's also why I think SOE is more concerned with showing us basically what they want Planetside 2 to be, and that isn't a buggy and/or incomplete product, hence the delay. Regardless of what I or anyone else here thinks is the reason for the delay (severe bug/stability issues, or just wanting to add more cool $#!%,) this much should be becoming clear.

Bug hunting isn't at the top of their beta concerns list, mass scale balancing is, and they essentially need a "finished" product for that to amount to accurate balancing.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #278
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Spoiler: The beta isn't going to start Friday either.

Being a little disappointed in the date changing in understandable, but holy hell you guys better learn to hold on to your marbles, there's far worse things to be upset about.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-31, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #279
dafuq
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
My only issue with SOE's beta date release updates are that they don't give us enough info. Oh crap, you're delaying beta release due to an issue and it won't be available until this coming Friday or Monday? And that's all your gonna tell me? Ok, let the speculation and crying being!

http://z0r.de/2636
Old 2012-07-31, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #280
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I saw you completely ignore them, it was a nice move and worked. Touché
Old 2012-07-31, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #281
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Solidblock View Post
I saw you completely ignore them, it was a nice move and worked. Touché
I started ignoring them yesturday.... Seems to be working so far! I said my peace before I started my ignore fest.... This is only in threads made that aren't only about QQing.... If a thread is made about QQing I will say something most likely if I see it before it gets locked....

Last edited by Crator; 2012-07-31 at 08:54 AM.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #282
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
I'm playing with words eh? Just like Smed right, but if anyone else does it, we don't get a free pass? I smell a brown-noser!

No, you tell me, what's the point of saying beta would maybe start on particular dates if was unplayable and "big enough list to work on"??? So, this list cropped up in 4 days right?
Have you any clue how fast things can go wrong in coding like this? Don't think so, so have fun in your ignorance. Hell, they should have just invite people to have them stare at a login screen with the "can't touch this" music in the background. Good trolling is always good.

I can wait for beta, I'm just upset that reading between the lines and how things are going, that some of the folks at SOE cares more about the image/hype at this moment more than actual fleshing out bugs and such. And getting this beta started so they can hopefully meet their Q4 deadline/release.
And it's great that you don't care about their image but only about playing the damn game... I hate with a passion company that use the entitled card to excuse a bad game but ffs, people acting like that for a beta are really fucking entitled. And lol at contradiction of "think image" but don't work on "bugs". I'll tell you something, They don't need free meat like you to see the most common bug that would affect their image. Nor do they for common "usable" working interface.

Me thinks someone high up is actually afraid of negative feedback/view of the game that would surely leak out despite NDA. Hence them wanting the beta to be "awesome" for us. aka reviews on various sites.
Beta is... for... you? HAHAHAHA... no. The beta is for them and only them. In a real beta, you are working for the company except them don't pay you. It's a win-win solution for any company.

Another point, Why would you care... why would PEOPLE care that the beta is bad? The fucking game is FREE TO PLAY. you will be able to tell without giving one buck if the game is worth it or not ONCE RELEASE. Anybody with a brain here that can realise that?! Right?!

I mean, I love the PS2 devs, but geez, it's like everyone here are such fanboys (I'm one for sure) that you all are scared to critique anything they do that might seem negative.
That sound exactly like : "I'm not a racist but... yeah I'm racist." You are complaining about a beta release of a f2p game. You do realise how stupid that make you look like?
Old 2012-07-31, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #283
Timithos
Master Sergeant

I'm still holding to "Beta will be sometime next month [August]". I know July was once an estimate, but now they tried and failed to launch it "early" still in July. I'm cool with all these early attempts. My system is still not put together until probably Wednesday. I'm hoping they'll still accept my tech test invite tomorrow. (And no, that's not an NDA violation for the umpteenth hundred time ad nauseum.)

Lol, that's funny. They now say maybe "Friday or Monday", and people are like, "Awesome! Friday!" Ahh, did you not hear "Monday" too? It's like their brains shut down after reading "Fri...". How does anyone expect that a disclaimer will register on their A.D.D. brains?

You know it's funny: the last time I was motivated enough to buy a computer system was in 2003 for PS1. Now it's 2012 and I have to have a new system for PS2.
Old 2012-07-31, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #284
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Yo! I swear SOE is trolling us! I just got my beta invite! Going to post download link in new thread!
Old 2012-07-31, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #285
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Yo! I swear SOE is trolling us! I just got my beta invite! Going to post download link in new thread!
Lies! Proofs or it didn't happen!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion