What scares me most of all. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pleese report speling erors
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-25, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: What scares me most of all.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

You give yourself far to much credit Bags, I did not make this thread for you.
I haven't seen anyone on this forum share my opinions on anything related to single-play.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by brinkdadrink View Post
I want planetside to be very team oriented. Im not saying so much that you cant get around without a teammate but keep in mind that is what its going to be like anyway when you start with 6 certs. I think it isnt right that you can fly and do damage to jump out of a vehicle going full speed with full health and HA, AV. A really easy fix for both sides i think would be:

Allow what they do now but if you bail then all 3x9 weapons are gone. If you get in a car with a full back pack are you really going to drive with it on. Same with ground vehicles too excluding open top such as ATV. This way if you land and fight you "have time to grab your big guns" while if you hop out you dont.
Or they could just remove the mossie's ability TO FARM INFANTRY instead of making anyone who flies a plane a free kill for a suppressor. (however, if they force me to only be able to carry a sweeper I'm still going to be able to kill 70%+ of this game's population in a 1v1)

It's a scout / transport plane. It's not meant to farm infantry. If they remove its ability to farm infantry with such ease, and make it a proper scout plane, I see no reason why someone in agile shouldn't be able to carry HA; they're a free kill to anyone on the ground with a sweeper or heavy assault. (assuming no horrible net code)

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-25 at 01:27 PM.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I haven't seen anyone on this forum share my opinions on anything related to single-play.
Well I am not surprised that you don't read other peoples posts

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-25, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Raymac
Brigadier General

I'm all against 1 man armies. I think at BR20, you had enough certs to be versatile enough.

Having said that, and I don't want to get too far off point, but fuck yeah mossies should be able to kill infantry. Hell, any vehicle with a gun should be able to kill infantry. You can take out a Rexo with a gauss almost as fast as a mossie, so I don't see a big problem.

People really seem to hate getting killed by aircraft, but there is a real simple solution... have AA. If you don't have AA, then expect to get killed from the air, just like if you don't have AV, expect those tanks to roll over you. It's really that simple. With 1 or 2 skyguards and/or AA maxes, you can deny a large area to aircraft. You won't nessessarily kill them, but you will chase them away and keep them away. Unless you are a killwhore, that should be good enough.

No matter what, there's always going to be a percentage of people farming kills in 1 way or another. Planetside is an fps, right?
Old 2011-02-25, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Timantium
Sergeant

You just quoted me and said "so you agree with me."

Yes, I agree - people should be able to have enough points to cert weapons and transport at the same time. That does not make them a one man army.

A one man army would be someone who could fly planes, drive tanks, shoot AV and HA weapons with black ops stats while they were cloaked, hacking 2 bases and filling a NTU silo.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Well I am not surprised that you don't read other peoples posts
You try so hard to get a rise out of me, yet I'm the troll. Mmk.

@ titanium: It's called hyperbole.

Let's get on the same page people:

Does one man army mean
"A one man army would be someone who could fly planes, drive tanks, shoot AV and HA weapons with black ops stats while they were cloaked, hacking 2 bases and filling a NTU silo. "
or
"A grunt who kills me with heavy assault after bailing out of an aircraft"

I see both referred to as one man armies.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-25 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Timantium
Sergeant

I smell a poll question!!!
Old 2011-02-25, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bags
Lieutenant General

We could do a phone survey!
Old 2011-02-25, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Tikuto
Major

Sentient Trees.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

Does one man army mean
"A one man army would be someone who could fly planes, drive tanks, shoot AV and HA weapons with black ops stats while they were cloaked, hacking 2 bases and filling a NTU silo. "
or
"A grunt who kills me with heavy assault after bailing out of an aircraft"

I see both referred to as one man armies.
I'm a big fan of flying, but I'm all for having a special Flight suit or something so I can't carry HA, or even MA (since my gauss is so awesome). But look, if I have my plane, and I need to get from point A to point B, I'm going to use it to get there. I'm not going to cert it just as a transport, but if I have it, I'll use it.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Pilots should be limited to Standard Armor and Standard needs the rifle slot reduced to the size of the gluegun/MA/SA weapons. Let all the other Driver Armor limits stay the same. Tank Drivers need Agile just to carry enough glue lol.

Old 2011-02-25, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

This could all be settled if we identify the primary use of the aircraft in question and stick with that definition.

• Galaxy - transport of troops to battle (or whatever).
  • Mosquito - Combat air patrol (CAP)

If we limit the use of these particular aircraft to those appropriate roles, then we possibly settle the issue. In other words, you can bail from a Galaxy to drop as airborne troops. You cannot bail from a Mosquito with gear equal to a troop dropping from a Galaxy. Period.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-02-25, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Bags
Lieutenant General

Well, you're all set in your opinions and I'm not going to be able to change them. (not saying this is a bad thing!) Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Good day.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Robert089
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I'm a big fan of flying, but I'm all for having a special Flight suit or something so I can't carry HA, or even MA (since my gauss is so awesome). But look, if I have my plane, and I need to get from point A to point B, I'm going to use it to get there. I'm not going to cert it just as a transport, but if I have it, I'll use it.
No let pilots keep MA, I for one do not want them to be able to use HA / AV. Let them drop if they want but they will have to find a useable equipment terminal to suit up in rexo before they can use their HA. This way it allows fast response outfits to remain but transport vehicles will actually be used.

Last edited by Robert089; 2011-02-25 at 01:51 PM.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
brinkdadrink
Corporal

It's a scout / transport plane. It's not meant to farm infantry. If they remove its ability to farm infantry with such ease, and make it a proper scout plane, I see no reason why someone in agile shouldn't be able to carry HA(assuming no horrible net code)
Here is where i differ with you and some or many others. The Mos is a scout plane with low armor but it is not a transport plane. It is being used as a transport plane but i feel it should be changed so that aspect of the Mos is not used. They have a 22mm gun like any other vehicle including the lightning and should be fine killing infantry and being murdered by AA. I understand getting across a continent is great with the Mos when you dont have another ride But why cant you do that without being able to jump out at a speed of 150. I dont mind being able to cert many different things but i do mind being able to go into battle with all those things. If your a grunt load up grunt, Pilot load up pilot, driver load driver. Your a one man army if your an assult pilot to a grunt who can heal himself without changing up your loadout. That to me is a one man army. Cert everything just make it so you cant take it all into the field. A tank driver cant jump out of his vehicle till it come to a stop so why should a plane be able to do it.

Summary:
1) Cert what you want but dont take it all out at once
2) Change it so you have to go a certain speed to bail. This is for everything: ATV, tanks, mos (all vehicles you get the idea). If you bail you are "unable to grab your big guns" so either pistol or MA whatever testing sees as best.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion