Boo! Hiss! Recerting! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your my wife now.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-26, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Only the MAX certs.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Aen
First Sergeant

I think its gonna take away from the specific roles people play, seeing as how everyone will be able to do more. This making some people less important than they already are.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Indecisive
Major General

See, this is the sort of bullshit that is ruining this game. Everyone is like "oh this is annoying" but then they change it and entire gameplay aspects are ruinined.

Take the HART for example. Remember beta? Gal drivers had the importance and the attraction of a healer in any RPG. But, lo and behold everyone bitchs about the hart timer, the timer goes down, and tons of gameplay strategies, not to mention countless gal drivers go straight down the shitter.

And this is why i canceled my PS account.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Madcat170
Sergeant

id personnally prefere the hart timer to be 15 mins....
Old 2003-11-27, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The HART should only drop you on friendly, locked continents.

If you want to sabotage an enemy's rear bases, you should ABSOLUTELY, 100% REQUIRE a vehicle to do so, giving them a chance to intercept you before it's too late.

How can you have strategy with so many arbitrarily unbalanced factors? The HART sucks as much as Surge does.

edit: I'm so sick of watching modules get dumped in the drink and generators going down every five minutes. It's like owning territory means nothing, only troop distribution.

Why didn't we just HART into Berlin back in the 40s and kill their generator?!1

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-11-27 at 01:52 AM.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Indecisive
Major General

Originally Posted by Veteran
The HART should only drop you on friendly, locked continents.

If you want to sabotage an enemy's rear bases, you should ABSOLUTELY, 100% REQUIRE a vehicle to do so.

How can you have strategy with so many arbitrarily unbalanced factors? The HART sucks as much as Surge does.
/second
Old 2003-11-27, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by Doop
Yeah, for example, the Quasar, Starfire and Comet are NOT worth five points. Seriously.
I hope you're being sarcastic, Vanu MAXes pwn all. I actually carry both the Quasar and Starfire MAXes regularly, so this change is going to throw in the Comet at no extra charge! I'm sure there will be a lot of people jusy keeping their 1 MAX cert though, cause it's not a key part of their character setup.

And ohmygod I can't believe you people are complaining about these changes. So you might have to spend an extra cert point, but you get a bigger, more powerful vehicle thrown in! A 1-cert cost reaver? 1-cert lightning? Hot damn!

It is going to be so easy to have a vehicle for every situation, and that's awesome. I've always wanted to be able to pilot all the aircraft in the game, and now I'll be able to for only 7 certs. If you're worried about everyone having a vehicle, well give your head a shake because that's the whole point! Infantry will always be at the core of the game; without them there are no base hacks, gunners, or drivers.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Indecisive
Major General

Omni-max is gonna suck hard core. Everyone and their mother's hooker is gonna have it.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Indecisive
Major General

NOoOO! double post. Interweb crapped out on me for a second.

Last edited by Indecisive; 2003-11-27 at 01:59 AM.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I really can't believe so many people are upset by this. I really can't think of any downside to it other than it costs and extra point for the mosquito pilots who don't want to fly reaver.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Even if one had every vehicle cert in the game, what use would they be if that player went on an hour-long tank expedition? For that hour (a big chunk of anyone's playtime), it's like they had only one vehicle cert. It's only fair to give them a choice of which vehicle to drive, which doesn't happen if you have a powerful template because you can't afford more than two or three vehicles tops without gimping yourself (at present).

While you're driving a vehicle, all your other vehicle certs (with the exception of Tactical Support) are idle.

Notice how in real-life lots of people have vehicles? Yet in the office, they must rely on a different set of skills. So it is in Planetside. When someone holds a CC in a Lightning, perhaps then it would be a problem.

I bought PlanetSide because it has vehicles. I wouldn't still be playing if it didn't have them. I can't see any situation in which they could be overused, except when the MagRider could still mow like it used to, which has been fixed pretty well.

As for a downside, there is none. People like to complain and nobody has called anyone else any names, so fortunately it's still in the realm of polite discourse.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-27, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I hope you're being sarcastic, Vanu MAXes pwn all. I actually carry both the Quasar and Starfire MAXes regularly, so this change is going to throw in the Comet at no extra charge! I'm sure there will be a lot of people jusy keeping their 1 MAX cert though, cause it's not a key part of their character setup.

And ohmygod I can't believe you people are complaining about these changes. So you might have to spend an extra cert point, but you get a bigger, more powerful vehicle thrown in! A 1-cert cost reaver? 1-cert lightning? Hot damn!

It is going to be so easy to have a vehicle for every situation, and that's awesome. I've always wanted to be able to pilot all the aircraft in the game, and now I'll be able to for only 7 certs. If you're worried about everyone having a vehicle, well give your head a shake because that's the whole point! Infantry will always be at the core of the game; without them there are no base hacks, gunners, or drivers.

And what if you dont want that cert and it makes you remove something else you do want. It destroys entire character designs and stops you from being able to make characters anywhre near as much as before. thats why they had everything individually certed to start.

I really can't believe so many people are upset by this. I really can't think of any downside to it other than it costs and extra point for the mosquito pilots who don't want to fly reaver.

There affectively changing the numbers to get everything and it squeezes out stuff you could get before when it was based around individualizing your charcatre, like it should be. This removes the insentive for everyone who isnt just a mindless FPS player to play at all. And this game WAS NOT designed for FPS players!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-27 at 02:26 AM.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Jagd
Major

The vast majority of players are getting free new vehicles out of the deal. If you think about it, the only people who are getting "screwed" in any way are those who have a mosquito and/or a harasser. According to Thottbot, that's no more than 16.3% percent of the population. Everyone else is getting at least one free new vehicle, and some (those rare, blessed Transport drivers) are even getting an extra cert point to spend elsewhere.
Old 2003-11-27, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vernam
Sergeant

Now I guess everyone is going to be walking super soldiers, with a complete arsenal of weaponry and vehicles at thier hands.
Wooo-hooo! Can't wait

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
Old 2003-11-27, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Strak
Corporal

Originally Posted by Jagd
The vast majority of players are getting free new vehicles out of the deal. If you think about it, the only people who are getting "screwed" in any way are those who have a mosquito and/or a harasser. According to Thottbot, that's no more than 16.3% percent of the population. Everyone else is getting at least one free new vehicle, and some (those rare, blessed Transport drivers) are even getting an extra cert point to spend elsewhere.
For reference, I drive a Harasser. I do not consider getting a lightning bundled for 1 extra cert pt a rip off.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion