TR air dominance getting out of hand (Connery) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WHO'S YOUR DADDY! Oh, uhh...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-11, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NoXousX
Corporal

Re: TR air dominance getting out of hand (Connery)

This thread can be summed up in 1 word:

Strikers. They are broken as shit and should have never been put in the game in their current state. It's embarrassing they have lasted this long.

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
Honestly I think TR just has more people that want to be dedicated fliers.
I completely disagree. There are more mosquitos buzzing around because they are the hardest to shoot down as an ESF pilot due to their model, and any time a mosquito gets in trouble all they have to do is be within 500m of a striker. GG.

I nuke reavers in NC territory all day. TR territory? Nope, because if I flare I'm done. Some A2AM scrub or a striker will take me out.

Fighting NC vs TR is night and day.

Last edited by NoXousX; 2013-07-11 at 04:30 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Obstruction
First Sergeant

this is a little hilarious because on connery i am constantly seeing 12-19% turn out for TR during alerts versus 50-60% VS or NC.

as a full time pilot i mostly have to fight ESFs and Libs and barely have time to focus on ground forces. maybe it's just your playtimes and certain outfits being dedicated to flying and combined arms instead of just wishing it was an infantry game.
Old 2013-07-11, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
I completely disagree. There are more mosquitos buzzing around because they are the hardest to shoot down as an ESF pilot due to their model, and any time a mosquito gets in trouble all they have to do is be within 500m of a striker. GG.
Says the guy who flies Scythes. Haha, nope.
Old 2013-07-11, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I definitely notice a bunch of Mossi's dominating the air but as Snafu said it may very well just be that they have more players that are looking to do that. As for the other comment about populations. Today was the first time I've seen NC above something like 36% in quite awhile. Today they were 46%, something was clearly up. As for TR populations dropping they are consistently the highest anywhere from 1am-8am PST.

Can't fight China.
Old 2013-07-11, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kirotan
Corporal

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
this is a little hilarious because on connery i am constantly seeing 12-19% turn out for TR during alerts versus 50-60% VS or NC.
I've been playing every night on Connery and have been checking the world pops...12-19%? Come on. There's no need to exaggerate. 22-28% is more factual and still really bad.
Old 2013-07-11, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
NoXousX
Corporal

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Says the guy who flies Scythes. Haha, nope.
says K/D 0.46
Old 2013-07-12, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
says K/D 0.46
Look at this guy, he's trying to argue that KDR has any importance!

Yo dude, try playing at 10FPS, I dare ya.
Old 2013-07-12, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kirotan
Corporal

Look at this guy, he's trying to argue that KDR has any importance!

Yo dude, try playing at 10FPS, I dare ya.
KDR does lend a little bit of credibility for most aspects of the game unless you're writing a guide on playing pure support medic/engineer.

I know KDR isn't very popular because of the e-peen/killwhore stigma, but there are very good players out there with good KDR that play the objective and their word carries more weight because they can walk the walk.
Old 2013-07-12, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kirotan View Post
KDR does lend a little bit of credibility for most aspects of the game unless you're writing a guide on playing pure support medic/engineer.

I know KDR isn't very popular because of the e-peen/killwhore stigma, but there are very good players out there with good KDR that play the objective and their word carries more weight because they can walk the walk.
I spend most of my time as a medic or engineer, fixing stuff up or staying in vehicles because I can't hold my own very well. I play support mostly.

The time I AM effective, where I get most of my kills and half of my deaths, is in places with low friendly and enemy presence. Where I get 20-30FPS (which I find superb) and can hold my own fairly well. I do however often get out-skilled too. That does not however mean that I am less intelligent. Maybe I'm less skillful too, I haven't had the chance to practice things quite as well as everyone else.
Old 2013-07-12, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Whiteagle
Major

Before: "ZOMG GAA TOO OP PLZNERF!!!"

...Now?

I'll be over here doing my "I told you so!" Dance...
Old 2013-07-12, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sock
Private

I spend most of my time as a medic or engineer, fixing stuff up or staying in vehicles because I can't hold my own very well. I play support mostly.

The time I AM effective, where I get most of my kills and half of my deaths, is in places with low friendly and enemy presence. Where I get 20-30FPS (which I find superb) and can hold my own fairly well. I do however often get out-skilled too. That does not however mean that I am less intelligent. Maybe I'm less skillful too, I haven't had the chance to practice things quite as well as everyone else.
You have a staggering 20 kills in a mosquito. Sorry, but you're hardly qualified to comment on top-tier air balance.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
blashyrk
Corporal

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Before: "ZOMG GAA TOO OP PLZNERF!!!"

...Now?

I'll be over here doing my "I told you so!" Dance...
... now TR G2A is still a bit OP (because of the powerful and broken Striker) and the rest is fine.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sock View Post
You have a staggering 20 kills in a mosquito. Sorry, but you're hardly qualified to comment on top-tier air balance.
Well, I can land hits on Reavers. I can't land hits on Scythes. I've seen videos about what Scythes can do. But I don't deny you have a point.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sock
Private

Well, I can land hits on Reavers. I can't land hits on Scythes. I've seen videos about what Scythes can do. But I don't deny you have a point.
No doubt reavers are much easier to hit from just about every angle compared to scythes. The issue with the reaver is vertical thrust and the current strength of the Vortek rotary. The balance issue stems from the fact that there's only a very small minority of the playerbase good enough to really utilize both of those components. I can toast most reaver pilots, but when I run into one of the really good ones, I'm excited just to clip them with my debris after I'm dead. The mossie, on the other hand, is fairly well balanced. It's external factors (striker mostly) that make it so powerful.

It'll definitely be interesting to see where the power shift occurs post-ESF update.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Magnifiscent
Private

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
Though experience may vary. I get just as many lock ons during my time in an Scythe or Reaver as I do during my TR play. But the one big difference was the overall effectiveness of the stryker which with it being broke only makes worse. But I would also add it seems NC and VS don't put as much emphasis on ESF as the TR do. I know the theory is ground based fire influences that but I feel there is other factors to.

Truthfully I think it is more outfit oriented why there isn't as much VS/NC ESF up. NC used to swarm us but with certain key outfits not being as active, I have seen a massive reduction in their active air wings. While TR outfits have been working on building theirs up. Obviously the argument could be made that AA drove them away but most that I speak to are simply bored.

Honestly I think TR just has more people that want to be dedicated fliers. We may not have to deal with strykers but the other A2G missile still do considerable damage. And share some of the same tracking bugs that all missile seem to have.
I don't want to wave around the Connery TTA flag too much, but Snafu has been doing a great job organizing a coalition air wing. TxR's Skywatch loves to participate and we have a very active group. Having run with this group and seen what we can accomplish, I have to wonder if this isn't having a major impact on Connery air space.

I've also noticed a marked decline in the Reaver swarm phenomenon, but there are still good air battles to be had. I do miss the days when 666 would bring 15 reavers screaming out of the sky, or GOLD, or CCG. The only HT guy I see anymore is GuapoNC. I see a lot more VS than I used to, but they like the ground for some reason (ZOE*cough*)

I see FAR more enemy planes killed by our air superiority guys than I do strikers or bursters, but that might be observational bias. I own a striker, but haven't gotten the kind of use out of it that NC and VS players seem to report, so I don't know what the disconnect is there. Maybe I'm not spending enough time in the right kind of situations to farm the air with it.

It might be wishful thinking, being TxR's air squadron leader, but I really want to say the TR are dominating in the air because our pilots are good, our outfits are organized, and we're working hard to achieve air superiority.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion