How to respond to GU11 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the Newbie Burger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-22, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: How to respond to GU11

Did someone say boycott?

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-22, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Did someone say boycott?
No one mentioned boycott, uncle Falcon. Now, go back to bed.

See what you did, Omega? You woke up Falcon

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-06-22 at 01:21 PM.
Old 2013-06-22, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Perhaps "boycott" is too strong of a word. But I still think gamers should vote with their wallets and playing time (especially if limited) if they dislike what a game's developers are doing.

Personally, I think PS2's developers ARE responsive to what the community wants, even if the community-at-large is misguided at times.

Should PS2's developers change PS2 for the worse, I won't get upset as I begrudge SOE the right to make money by accommodating the wishes of the masses, who seem to prefer infantry-side above all else.

I'll just find another game that satisfies me when the changes to PS2 are too much for me too take LOL.

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post

No one mentioned boycott, uncle Falcon. Now, go back to bed.

See what you did, Omega? You woke up Falcon
Old 2013-06-22, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Crator
Major General

Is the resource cost increase bad for PS2? I actually think it's good, and does force some teamwork in regards to sharing vehicle positions between players (especially those not in an organized squad). Just because there's more of a want/need for players that don't use boosts to hitch a ride more often now. It's a pleasant side affect if you ask me.

Less vehicle spam and more team based use of transports to objectives is good imo.

*I was uber confused by the first post btw!

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-22 at 03:48 PM.
Old 2013-06-22, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Game wise, the ramped up resource costs are a bitter couple of pills to swallow, and thats with Alpha 50% boost stacked with Auraxium membership. I think there's middle ground to find between GU10 and GU11 levels.

Tech wise, I am crashing more and my GPU is running about 10 degrees hotter according to SpeedFan which pisses me off. Render detail now set to 80% Maybe I need to drop draw distance.

Old 2013-06-22, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Update is great, fly boys can dog fight without interruptions and when they do come in to strafe you can shoot the shit out of them. Feels like a really good balance to me. I love to Lib and I love my MAX.

Resource costs are great too, nothing like smashing down a bunch of armor and MAXs knowing that you have dealt that particular offensive a massive blow.

All this update did was reinforce the team based nature of the game, people who are whinging for the most part play solo.

OMG the GUI updates are amazing, seeing what vehicle your squadmates are in. Where you secondary gunner is facing. IMO game gets better with every patch, not everything they change is golden, but they do seem to find a good middle ground.

The mistake forumside whingers make is assuming everyone agrees with them. Vocal minority IMO.

Last edited by GreyFrog; 2013-06-22 at 05:45 PM. Reason: addition
Old 2013-06-22, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
LeilaniRock
Private

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Update is great, fly boys can dog fight without interruptions and when they do come in to strafe you can shoot the shit out of them. Feels like a really good balance to me. I love to Lib and I love my MAX.

Resource costs are great too, nothing like smashing down a bunch of armor and MAXs knowing that you have dealt that particular offensive a massive blow.

All this update did was reinforce the team based nature of the game, people who are whinging for the most part play solo.

OMG the GUI updates are amazing, seeing what vehicle your squadmates are in. Where you secondary gunner is facing. IMO game gets better with every patch, not everything they change is golden, but they do seem to find a good middle ground.

The mistake forumside whingers make is assuming everyone agrees with them. Vocal minority IMO.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2013-06-22, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

I've been so displeased with PS2's progress lately that I bought all of the mega cammo bundles out of spite.

I'm also so aggrieved at the lack of good game play that for the first time I find myself considering an outfit (yuck!) so that I can play this garbage at its full (albeit limited) potential. I mean, how can I keep lone wolfing when the only fights I can find now are these huge apocalyptic battles with glowing Vanu maxes of doom.

With this stupid pay to win scheme I guess I'll have to get a subscription now just so I can play this game that I can barely squeeze 70FPS out of now.

SoE needs to get its crap together and offer another 2x or 3x Smed Bucks sale so I can stock up for when this game FINALLY gets good.
Old 2013-06-22, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I never understood why PS2 gamers would spend their hard earned money buying things like camo and helmets.

It's not like the infantry game is played in 3rd person. In fact, the only time you can even admire your camo and helmets is when your killcam floats above your lifeless corpse.

If buying camo just so other PS2 gamers can see what you're wearing isn't the biggest sign of inane vanity, then I don't know what is....

Originally Posted by OctavianAXFive View Post
I've been so displeased with PS2's progress lately that I bought all of the mega cammo bundles out of spite.

I'm also so aggrieved at the lack of good game play that for the first time I find myself considering an outfit (yuck!) so that I can play this garbage at its full (albeit limited) potential. I mean, how can I keep lone wolfing when the only fights I can find now are these huge apocalyptic battles with glowing Vanu maxes of doom.

With this stupid pay to win scheme I guess I'll have to get a subscription now just so I can play this game that I can barely squeeze 70FPS out of now.

SoE needs to get its crap together and offer another 2x or 3x Smed Bucks sale so I can stock up for when this game FINALLY gets good.
Old 2013-06-22, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post

I also enjoy the GUI updates. I really like that you can now see what direction your turrets are facing. its really helps coordination with your gunners. i appreciate that the devs have not stopped caring about gameplay quality, and just pump out new items for cash grabs.

I feel that with news of ps4, SOE is anticipating a new wave of new players. I think the current dev direction in polishing up the game is a good decision. ps2 basically will get a second life. since it will be released on ps4 as a new game, it will definitely get a second wave of PR.

im almost 100% sure ps4 will bring lots more funding to development, so content can wait. what matters now is presentation and polishing.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-06-22 at 08:38 PM.
Old 2013-06-22, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Why can't people understand that the guys who produce items aren't the same guys who code gameplay and bug fixes. So SOE pumping out visual updates and new cosmetic items has absolutely no impact on the speed of patches.

People also need to understand that you can't simply throw more coders at a problem, as teams grow so does the complexity.

How much more boring would these patches have been without some new bling each time?
Old 2013-06-22, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
I never understood why PS2 gamers would spend their hard earned money buying things like camo and helmets.

It's not like the infantry game is played in 3rd person. In fact, the only time you can even admire your camo and helmets is when your killcam floats above your lifeless corpse.

If buying camo just so other PS2 gamers can see what you're wearing isn't the biggest sign of inane vanity, then I don't know what is....

Ha! Not the response I was expecting.

It wasn't a vanity decision but equipping myself with the colors of the terrain I'm fighting in on the fly seems prudent. (though sadly the red highlights reduce my ability to blend in)

It was an investment old-boy. A show of good will to SoE.

I could have timed the decline of PS2 on a watch. It's the summer slump in the MMOs first year. The magic of its release has worn off and there isn't enough of an "endgame" for the veterans.

Figured I'd give 'em a boost during this most predictable of slumps. It's not necessarily SoE's fault, they've merely fallen into the same trap a lot of MMO developers do and like most of them, they'll climb their way out mostly unscathed. (Or they'll freak the hell out)

They could have avoided this if they planned out the macro-game better to include intercontinental warfare. Oh wait, they did. They just decided that the lattice system was more important. We should have had Hossin by now which would introduce that element that is missing to keep the die-hard try-hards playing on.

Normally I fall into that category but after WoW, WAR, and ToR, I'd seen enough to predict what would happen. The die-hard try-hards have every reason to take a break from the game. In the short run they will be missed. But their return will mark the ascension of PS2 to true glory.

In the long run the fundamental changes they are working on will payout dividends to make up for it. SoE just needs to keep calm and carry on. Don't do anything crazy you've got a course laid in don't F* with the plan.

I friggin love the crap out of this game. It's stupidly flawed (I chose the word stupid for a reason) but I think it can be made better, faster, stronger. And if I don't do my part to yell at Higgles and then throw money at him to keep working on the things I demand then I can't expect the stupid problems with this game to get fixed.

Last edited by OctavianAXFive; 2013-06-22 at 09:30 PM.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I can understand your desire to support the PS2 developers and SOE by purchasing in game items for PS2.

Personally, I'd rather spend money on weapons and the like, not camo, if I were so inclined to support SOE.

Originally Posted by OctavianAXFive View Post
Ha! Not the response I was expecting.

It wasn't a vanity decision but equipping myself with the colors of the terrain I'm fighting in on the fly seems prudent. (though sadly the red highlights reduce my ability to blend in)

It was an investment old-boy. A show of good will to SoE.

I could have timed the decline of PS2 on a watch. It's the summer slump in the MMOs first year. The magic of its release has worn off and there isn't enough of an "endgame" for the veterans.

Figured I'd give 'em a boost during this most predictable of slumps. It's not necessarily SoE's fault, they've merely fallen into the same trap a lot of MMO developers do and like most of them, they'll climb their way out mostly unscathed. (Or they'll freak the hell out)

They could have avoided this if they planned out the macro-game better to include intercontinental warfare. Oh wait, they did. They just decided that the lattice system was more important. We should have had Hossin by now which would introduce that element that is missing to keep the die-hard try-hards playing on.

Normally I fall into that category but after WoW, WAR, and ToR, I'd seen enough to predict what would happen. The die-hard try-hards have every reason to take a break from the game. In the short run they will be missed. But their return will mark the ascension of PS2 to true glory.

In the long run the fundamental changes they are working on will payout dividends to make up for it. SoE just needs to keep calm and carry on. Don't do anything crazy you've got a course laid in don't F* with the plan.

I friggin love the crap out of this game. It's stupidly flawed (I chose the word stupid for a reason) but I think it can be made better, faster, stronger. And if I don't do my part to yell at Higgles and then throw money at him to keep working on the things I demand then I can't expect the stupid problems with this game to get fixed.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
MyOdessa
Private

LOL. I am two GU ahead of you, OP.
I quit playing PS2 after GU9. Too many needless nerfs for my taste. The only way Higby improves the game is by nerfing everything in sight and calling it balance. The game requires less and less skill to play, more like P2W. It is just plain boring and pointless.
I probably should just sell my account: 5 char with good k/d, decent spm, tons of certs and @$30 sc.
EBay?
LOL.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I hope the FPS optimization issue is finally fixed because at this point, I'm more comfortable and happy playing on the shitty-ass servers on APB: Reloaded than Planetside 2... If that doesn't say something, I don't know what is. I'm playing on a 2011 laptop and am getting BETTER FPS on APB: R than Planetside 2! What the hell SOE?!?!?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion