Game lagging with my hardware on low details - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Picard loves you, everyone else thinks you're an idiot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-02-02, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Crosility
Private

Re: Game lagging with my hardware on low details

Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Nope unfortunately.

I have AMD/ATI and am suffering bad with these exact same symptoms.

Haven't even dared to try fly an ESF as it's so much worse in vehicles
I found flying a Mosquito to have better stable frames per second, than viewing a large army. I also, like many.. begun setting everything to VERY low. Also, need to learn my new flying sensitivity settings. Before, it was maxed, and I raised the DPI of my mouse so I can adjust faster. Now, maxed flying is as if you're doing a barrel roll by just nudging your mouse. Lol. And normal (100%?) sensitivity is as if you can barely turn at all.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
SGTAce
Private

So you guys call fps drops to 15 from 40 right?

That's not worst case (I just want to let you know)... me any my friends have some random pc's, some are high end some of them low end but all of us got same fps drops to 1-4 fps for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.

That sucks... :-(. Useroptions doesn't help in that case.
Old 2013-02-03, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sprintfox
Private

Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Nope unfortunately.

I have AMD/ATI and am suffering bad with these exact same symptoms.

Haven't even dared to try fly an ESF as it's so much worse in vehicles
It's pretty strange imo. Since there are people telling, that they've experienced a huge improvement on their graphics and are playing without any kind of problems.

I've a GTX 560 Ti - but also a friend, who has the GTX 660 and another one with the GTX 660 Ti have the same problem.

I'm really asking myself if it isn't a server side problem, since we've experienced many times also Error G29.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Game runs smoother for me on my laptop, it's quite noticeable. Low settings generally. ATI graphics card.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
musefrog
Corporal

For me, it was just about playable pre-patch (CPU-bound low fps, 50 alone, 15 in the middle of a zergfight). I play with graphics on High, as it makes no difference to FPS, I'm always restricted by my underpowered 2 core CPU.

Now my FPS has dropped by 15 or so, together with stuttering and wild flickering/warping in friendlies' positions in a moderately crowded warpgate. The client has also frozen requiring a Task Manager force quit three times.

I've deleted my ini, and tried setting max FPS to 60 and lowering the render distance - no difference.

Specs: Athlon II 2.8Ghz, 8GB Ram, GTS 450.
Old 2013-02-03, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
Some people are reporting it's helping to do this, and I do recommend the "UserOptions.ini flush program" once in a while. The best way to do this is rename your old UserOptions.ini and then let the game generate a new one for you. Then you can compare what might have changed and copy over anything you feel necessary.

We haven't seen this be a "fix" for some of the lower FPS issues, but YMMV.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Cycles. I'm fairly sanguine about any technical issues that may crop up. They're all soluable.
Old 2013-02-03, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sprintfox
Private

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
Some people are reporting it's helping to do this, and I do recommend the "UserOptions.ini flush program" once in a while. The best way to do this is rename your old UserOptions.ini and then let the game generate a new one for you. Then you can compare what might have changed and copy over anything you feel necessary.

We haven't seen this be a "fix" for some of the lower FPS issues, but YMMV.
Isn't it possible to do a emergency rollback?
I mean, it's okay - we've seen that you guys try to ensure, the patch comes out on your own stated date.

But if you guys aren't sure about it, just tell it this way to the community. We don't care about waiting about a week longer, if you guys ensure, that it will work without turbulences.

So, I'll say: Take your time, to ensure it works.
For now, the weekend turned into nothing enjoyable.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Stellarthief
Corporal

Current theory on the interwebz is that it's not GFX related in the sense of more, new, etc, so toning down your GFX won't help.

Some are thinking now it's due to the LoS change and processing things that actually arent supposed to be processed. Or some such as this. Reddit has a new thread about it somewheres.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Yep, sadly I was really looking forward to this weekend, but again, I wouldnt have minded if "there are issues with this patch and it needs to take a while longer" would have been fine, solely to not get the Stuttering in game that we're getting now.

1. Stuttering when facing a large'ish group of enemy, looking in a direction that there's enemy, or basically other unknown reasons. A lot of speculation is that its related to the LOS changes you guys did, I hope you start looking there first.

2. Scythe not firing at all or firing blanks when at a certain degree upward or downward angle, really dont know why this is, but when dogfighting (when you can actually get any dogfighting in before phantom Missiles shoot you out of the sky) its very hard to hit anything when point blank you fire and no red cross or anything.

3. G2A Lockon Missiles flash that they're "locking on" but as soon as "LOCK" is achieved (solid LOCK not flashing) it disappears form screen, leaving you unsure as to whether the missile is actually travelling towards you or whether you escaped, then BANG, shot down.

4. Magrider straffing bug (well known to Higby at this stage he's already tweeted about it) where the Magrider grinds to a slow mo when strafing sideways. Add on top of that the stuttering from the game itself when in a battle and Its unplayable.

---------------------------

I think I missed only 3 days since game was released on 20th Nov of play due to travel, and have played every day since, but today is the first time I have decided It's more stress to login right now then it is to not, and I think I will be giving the game a wide berth until a "Stutter Patch" is released to see if it fixes this.

Very disapointed
Old 2013-02-03, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Assist
Contributor
Major

Posted this elsewhere, but I've been running the game with everything at the highest settings I can and this patch has decimated my FPS. So I attempted to drop the settings a little to get the FPS back up, and no luck :|

I am getting CTD's now as well, seems to happen when the FPS really starts to fluctuate a lot.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Not my video, but here's a perfect example of the Stuttering problem

Last edited by Thunderhawk; 2013-02-03 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2013-02-03, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Sprintfox
Private

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Not my video, but here's a perfect example of the Stuttering problem

302 Found
Exactly the same issue over here.
The stuttering turns into a slideshow if you approach to high activity areas.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've seen the same thing although it's not very consistent.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-04, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Argentum
Private

Same here... was doing ok before the patch, but now I never seem to get above the low 20's and often drops to the single digits. Would really like to play this game, but can't.
Old 2013-02-04, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Same here. I am actually one of those low end machines that should have seen an improvement with the patch but actually it killed the game for me.
Overall FPS are down by 10-20. Even in the warpgate I will not get higher then 30 (50+ before). Then there is the random stuttering as well as random fps drops by 10-15 without anything happening on the screen that might cause this.
Normal gameplay (even without fightning) does not go over 25-28. Even small engagements are largely unplayable (<20) now.

Also tried the new useroptions and check file integrity stuff several times. Did not help.

Specs: E8400 (slightly overcloked) and a GTX460 768MB
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion