No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateSide - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Playing "catch" with a Vanguard shell. Not a good idea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-03, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
PredatorFour
Major

Re: No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateS

Stalemates like the crown, bio domes etc...?? This game needs even more than that ! rofl, sorry but i am indeed glad your mad too.
Old 2013-02-03, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rothnang
Major

Re: No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateS

I love this change, there is finally a half way decent chance of actually defending an Amp Station.

I absolutely hate how easy it is for tiny groups of people to wreak total havoc on a large base because it takes dozens of defenders to protect every single weak point in them. This helps at least a little.

Also a stalemate is not the same as a battle that takes longer than 10 minutes.
Old 2013-02-03, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Hamma, did you not want to put a user rating system into the forums? I would like to use it on the OP here
Old 2013-02-03, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

This was a much needed change. I am glad Attackers cannot use the jump pads anymore. TBH, I would love to see jump pads gone all together.

Old 2013-02-03, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

The only reason The Crown is a stalemate is because there are no other stalemates, I assure you. Make ALL territories defensible and stalemates will go away and turn into defense with eventual defeat.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
psijaka
Contributor
Major

It's a good change this; attacking and defending an AMP station should be about more than ninjaing people on top of the turrets.

The defenders haven't had it all their own way though; some pads have been removed altogether (either side of the entrances) making it a little harder for the defenders to circumnavigate the walls. What this means in practice is that it makes it easier to sneak a Sunderer into the quieter side of the base and establish a "bridgehead", and harder for the defenders to get at it once it has been spotted.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Its a good change and much needed to improve defensibility of bases.

Old 2013-02-03, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Vashyo
First Sergeant

I love this change, it was one of those issues that made the defense difficult because enemies got around easy and there was no sense on what direction you would get shot at, so it was just a big sandbox deathmatch ala unreal tournament/CoD where you constantly have to look over your shoulder.

Stalemates only happen because people make them happen, people stack at the places that give most XP and never leave. The game doesnt punish players for staying in a losing fight since the resources are not meaningful, and they also don't affect infantry player at all. (unless you use C4 like a madman)

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-02-03 at 10:56 AM.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
AThreatToYou
Major

Lol, this type of complaint is pretty much exactly what we wanted. Thanks for helping us know it's working.
Old 2013-02-03, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
i'm glad you are mad too . this game should be about preparing attack and defences not about look i am hAxXxOr because i can 1337 myself winning a base because i Roxx . i don't want a base to be capped in seconds . i want defenders on the walls defending a base . Get a gal drop if you are so desperate to get in
Well said.

Old 2013-02-03, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
Get over it, it's gone, and good riddance. This is PlanetSide, not Unreal Tournament.
Another small incremental step to the good.

We've got such a long way to go, though. I'd rather have catwalks leading from the central building to the walls than a rabbit-hole leading from the spawn.... and jump pads were always silly and out of place to begin with.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Dude, we took Nott four times on an evening with under two squads facing at least the same or more.

It's a much needed change that allows for at least some defensive focus. Your group might need to use AMSes and Light Assault more effectively. We're used to attacking a base without jumppads since 2003 and it's tons easier in PS2, so maybe it's just us, or you need to get used to putting some thought into finding a way in...

It wasn't a needed change.

Some of the best battles took on Zurvan because of the openess of that map and with a good defense force, you could hold off attackers for hours.

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
This was a bad change.

Fighting on jump pads was really fun for both sides.
It was really fun.

Originally Posted by OldAeon View Post
I used jump pad fights only for one thing: exp farm
I don't see the "fun" in randomly having a guy appear in your back (and kill you) seconds after you turn around to defend the wall/tower from enemies that are coming from outside the wall.

So no, this change was good! Defenders must not be at a disadvantage while defending!

Random guy appear in your back?....Maybe people should be more aware of their surroundings.

Exp farm?.....I guess thats what you call when you can freely fight with no Stalemates.

Stalemates are XP farms.

Defenders could already hold AMP stations for hours...this change wasn't needed.

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
i'm glad you are mad too . this game should be about preparing attack and defences not about look i am hAxXxOr because i can 1337 myself winning a base because i Roxx . i don't want a base to be capped in seconds . i want defenders on the walls defending a base . Get a gal drop if you are so desperate to get in

Capped in seconds....lol.

Thats why AMP stations could be defended for hours, right?.....

What you want is more stalemates so you could farm more XP IMO.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Is way too easy for defenders to defend and is creating yet another stalemate in Planetside.
Statements like this after months of "OMG DEFENSIBLE BASES" make me laugh and laugh and laugh.

You call it a stalemate. I call it "the defenders are winning". That's one of the two outcomes of a fight, yeah? Maybe the attackers should find something easier to take?

Honestly, the ancestral memory of this forum is like 12 hours.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

i wouldn't take any advice from some one who's character is called imgladumad.
lol the guy only plays heavy assault and talks about team play xD

Last edited by Phantomdestiny; 2013-02-03 at 02:00 PM.
Old 2013-02-03, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Carver
Corporal

Ironicly this is the most positive thread i've read here in weeks.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion